Page: ...
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Gooooooood morning HOP

Am back in the USA until the end of the month and therefore back online as well ... Missed you

As i travel I have a book in which the people I meet can write poems, stories or ... recepies ...

This is how I have learnt how to make proper ceviche, bake my own bread, make enchiladas in salsa verde etc ...

I figured we could all share receipies ?

SOL S BREAD (that is the name of the dfriend who gave me teh receipie)

1 CUP 1/4 OF LUKEWARM WATER
2 FULL SOUP SPOONS (ya know ... da big ones ... watcha call it again ?) of unrefined sugar OR honey OR sugar
2 FULL SOUP SPOONS (ditto) of dry grain yeast
3 cups of WHEAT (1 1/2 of white wheat and 1 1/2 or wholewheat)
1 full soup spoon of salt
6 full soup spoons of oil (3 of regular and 3 of olive oil)
sunflower seeds or olives or sundried tomatoes or anything you want the bread to taste like ...

Mix lukewarm water with sugar. then add yeast and cover to let raise for 5/6 minutes.

in teh meantime put wheat and salt in a large bowl as well as the oil (I would recommend seeing how the yeast part goes before adding the oil though cause yeast can be tricky !!)
Once yeast has raised (probably not the proper word ???) put everything togetehr and mix gently with wooden spoon for short time.

Cover and let rest for 15 minutes

Now is whenyou need musKles a bit ....
put the dough on a table where you have spread some white wheat first and start massage the dough (i know it is not teh right word I mean petrir in French or amasar in spanish ... anyone help ?) little by little yiou add some white wheat to it so it sticks less while you are "massaging" it in order to let air bubbles be trapped in it.
Massage for 10 minutes
Then add whatever seeds you wish and massage again for 5 minutes
Put back in large bowl and cover and let it raise for 45/60 minutes

it is now almost double of the volume...

cut in two pieces or three or ... give it teh shape you want and pre heat the oven (medium temperature) put bread on a plate for oven with a bit of wheat on it and let bake for 45/55 minutes

Bread is ready and then ... ENJOY

Shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
how to make a cassandra sandwich:

take one pk and one cassandra
add 2 of pk's arms and wrap them tight around one little cassandra, and hug dearly. maybe add a roll on the ground too.

i dont cook.. i'm just the house maid or bitch as i am sometimes called.

[ 14. January 2003, 07:11: Message edited by: PK [Dreadlocked-Rasclat] ]

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
add dreadlocks for presentation,,,
nb. dreadlocks are not eadible..

mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ann Arbor Co-Op Hummus (Serves 36)

Ingredients

1 #10 can garbanzo beans
1 3/4 C tahini
1 C olive oil
1 1/3 C. lemon juice
15 large cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. cumin
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika to taste
3-4 cups of crushed ice or 1-2 cups ice-water (crushed ice is better).

Instructions:
1) Drain garbanzos.
2) Add tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin to food processor. Add garbanzos last.
3) Whirl the mixture, adding crushed ice or ice water until the texture allows the hummus to flow and mix easily in the food processor.
4) Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to taste.

Hint: Instead of using canned garbanzos, dried garbanzos may be used. To do this, soak the garbanzos overnight in a ratio of three volumes water to one volume garbanzos and a bit of salt. The next day, simmer the garbanzos for approx 3 hours or until they are soft.

[ 14. January 2003, 10:28: Message edited by: MikeGinny (Lightning) ]

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Spanikopita (Greek Spinach Pie)

Ingredients

4 packages frozen, chopped spinach
1 lb. Ricotta cheese
1 lb. Feta cheese
1/2 C. Feta Cheese
16 Phylla
1 C. butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
1 medium onion, chopped
4 tbs. vegetable oil
1 tsp dill, chopped
1 tsp each salt and pepper

Instructions
1) Allow spinach to defrost at room temperature
2) Squeeze spinach dry and combine with cheeses, onion, eggs, oil, salt, pepper, and dill
3) Arrange 8 phylla, each brushed with butter, in a greased pan 10x15” and cover with filling
4) Cover top with 8 more buttered phylla. Seal edges to retain filling.
5) Bake at 350°for about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Best Brownies

I use this recipe all the time. It's just as fast and easy as pre-boxed brownies.

1/2 cup butter or margarine.

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Instructions

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.

2) In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar and vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in eggs last. Spread batter into prepared pan.

3) Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Brownies are done when a knife inserted halfway between the edge of the pan and the center of the pan comes out clean.

4) Allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting.

Hints:

Stir in the eggs LAST. If you add the eggs to the melted butter, they’ll cook!

Instead of 1 tsp vanilla, use 1/2 tsp almond extract for a slightly different flavor.

This recipe can easily be multiplied as long as the pan is proportionally larger. Larger batches may take slightly longer to cook.

DON'T use a vegan egg substitute like EnerG or bananas. The brownies turn into black tar. If you are vegan, find a different recipe.

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Easy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
Not only does this take no time at all, but non-vegans are completely fooled by it. Lots of recipes make this claim, but this is for real!

Ingredients
1 1/2 C crumbled silken tofu (firm)
2/3 C unbleached cane sugar
1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla
a pinch of salt

Instructions
1) Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and blend until smooth, creamy, and thick.
2) Transfer to a storage container and chill until ready to serve.

Makes 1 1/2 cups (3 servings)

-Mike

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
ok bunni rabbit heres a poem and a recipe, no laughin at either!!

"i never give you a thought but always follow,
hold your breath cut deep and swallow.
its not the end just another begining;
new adventures and jaded freedom"
copyright....me! but i doubt youd wana nick it anyhow!

surprise baked tomatoes:
4 large tomatoes
4 eggs
salt and pepper
1 table spoon of chopped parsley

oven at 180 oC or 350 oF

-grease a shallow oven proof baking dish
-cut a small slice off the top of each tomato and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. season inside the tomato
-put the tomatos in the dish and break an egg into each one. season the eggs and sprinkle parsley on top
-put the tops on the tomatoes and bake for about 20 minutes untill the eggs have set
-eat while hot with masses of crusty bread and butter!!
enjoy!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

4,224 posts

Posted:
I LOVE YOU MIKE GINNY each and every one of these recepies are the kind of food I would sell at least 25 % of my soul for

Kitty thank you for the beautiful poem... please do NOT say bad thigns about your beautiful words, and hurray for the simple yummy sounding recepie

YUMMY

THANK YOU

shine on
cass

[ 14. January 2003, 10:52: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
he he thanx cass i hope your having a wickid time traveling, take care
love
kitty

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
I LOVE YOU MIKE GINNY each and every one of these recepies are the kind of food I would sell at least 25 % of my soul for
Funny that. There are four recipes. Coincidence?

(Love you too, Cass!)

-Mike

228 posts

Posted:
entree ala mitch

1/2 k of diced pork
1 cup crushed penuts
1 cup diced water chestnuts
tblspoon of corn starch
1 cup diced red capsicum
tblspoon crushed red peppers dry
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 cloved dices garlic
fresh lettace head

:: microwave directions
diced pork, chicken stock and corn starch, garlic tossed together microwave on high for 4 mins
or till pork is brownish
add in all other ingredients and put back in for a further six min or until satisfied that the pork wont kill you...

if u want toss on wok over heat to add colour...
and taste

serve in fresh letytace leaves and volla..

nice eating
mythmitch

fire_light_movement

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hi Cass! Great to see you on the site again...------ missed you...

Anyway, here's my favouritist easy recipe of all time.

Unbelievably Yummy Fruit Goo!

INGERDIENTS:
1 can of unsweetened fruit (peaches, apricots etc)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
A handful of berries (blackberries or raspberries)

Pour the can of fruit into a large frypan and bring to a simmer (medium heat).

Add the handful of berries and stir, breaking the berries up in the process.

Sprinkle the brown sugar on the top, wait for it to melt (so you don't scratch the frypan) and then simmer for ten minutes, stirring 2-3 times.

Serve piping hot with vanilla, hokey pokey or orange and choc-chip icecream.

Cheers

Charles

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, mods, feel free to delete this if you feel it's inappropriate.

Ahem.

Mike's "Spice" Butter biggrin

NOTE: You have to do this the NIGHT BEFORE you are going to make your recipe. Patience is a virtue. And yes, it works quite well. Trust me on that.

Ingredients

1/2 C (1 stick) of butter (use butter as margarine doesn't work as well)

1/4-1/2 oz. of Spice. wink (I didn't say this was cheap, I said it worked.)

1 1/2 C water

Instructions

1) Boil the water in an appropriately-sized saucepan.

2) Clean the spice making sure to remove seeds and stems. Try to grind it up a bit with your fingers, too. I find that the best way to do this is on top of a piece of typing paper so that I don't lose any spice.

3) Add the stick of butter and the spice to the boiling water. Allow to boil for at least 15-20 minutes. Make sure to watch the pot lest it boil over and waste valuable spice. Note that your kitchen will start to smell very spicy at this point.

4) Strain the hot mixture through a fine strainer or a cheese cloth into an appropriately sized bowl. The bits of spice should come out on the strainer and the butter and water should go through. Use a ladle or spoon to squeeze the strained spice to remove any remaining liquid. Discard the spice as it is now drained of all flavor.

5) Refrigerate overnight.

6) The next day, the butter will have solidified on top of the water. Break up the butter using a spoon.

7) Pour this cold mixture through a cheese cloth or fine strainer and keep what stays in the strainer. This is your spice butter. The volume of spice butter will be smaller than the original volume, so you may need to add about 1/8 of a stick of butter to the recipe to bring it back up to its volume for your recipe.

8) Substitute spice butter for regular butter or margarine in your favorite recipe. Like the brownie recipe I submitted above.

(You can also put the bowl with the water/melted butter mix in a bowl of ice water and it will solidify in about 2-3 hours).

This recipe serves 4-8.

Alternative method (may be more potent)

Sautee the "spice" in the butter for 5-minutes over low-medium heat, then remove from heat and add boiling water (stand back lest it splatter). Then strain this.

-Mike

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Frost's Butter Croissants
600 ml Flour
30 ml oil
1 small egg
30 ml sugar
10 ml fermipan Yeast
250 ml Warm water (Not cold not hot, WARM!)
1 ml Salt

1. Mix all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

2. Add Sugar and Salt Stir. Add Yeast gradually while stiring.

3. Add half the flour (300 ml) while stiring. Stir until gluten strands form. Add rest of flour and form into ball.

4. Turn out onto floured board and Knead until smooth and elastic

5. Let rest in greased bowl for 15 min. Punch down. Let rest again for 15 min. Punch down.

6. Shape into Croissants: Flaten dough (gentally) to 1 cm - 1.4 cm thick. Cut into large triangles. Roll Triangles up (wide to skinny). And bend roll into half moon shape.

7. Place on greased cookie sheet, with the point of the triangle down on the cookie sheet (If you don't do this they will unroll and make a big sticky mess).

8. Let rise (in warm area) for one hour or until twice the size.

9. Bake at 375 F for 15 - 20 minutes, or until light and golden brown.

10. Lighly brush the tops with melted butter.

11. Eat and enjoy.

These will keep for one day on the counter. After one day place in freezer bag and freeze. Like they will last that long!

Peace and Good Eats

[ 14. January 2003, 19:59: Message edited by: Frost ]

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Mike can we all come to your house for dinner please

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
mMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....Food.

I don't cook. I date a gourmet chef. Need I say more. You acn all come to mine for tea.

PK: Sorry I didn't get to say hello properly when I met you at the random buss stop in Edinburgh. Are you planning on coming back??

Cass!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA! Pucker up lady!! snogs all round!!
Love you, hope youbare well. Don't play too hard!!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Charles

Excuse my ignorance but

Hokey pokey????

What's that?

It sounds like something I should have heard of

Please enlighten me.

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Bam Bam,

I'll make you a deal. If I come to the UK, I'll give you a list of ingredients and I'll be glad to cook a meal.

We can even have "spice brownies" for dessert.

-Mike

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Dio's Famous Chicken Pasta Parmesan
(Great dinner for 5-6 people)

1lb* uncooked chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
2C penne pasta
14oz (1 can) chicken broth
1C water
1tsp basil
1tsp oregano
2-3tbsp butter or margarine
3C* marinara sauce
3/4C parmesan cheese (grated)

* can be varied slightly according to personal taste

Step 1) Cut chicken breast into bite-size cubes (generally 3cm cubes)
Step 2) Grease a 10" skillet with the butter and cook the chicken (medium-high heat) in the pan until no pink remains
Step 3) On medium heat, add chicken broth, water, marinara sauce, basil and oregano. Allow to come to a boil
Step 4) Add the pasta in handfuls (to prevent spilling!) and cover the mixture. Allow to simmer on medium heat, stirring every 2-3 minutes to coat the pasta evenly. Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed by the pasta (should be about 15min).
Step 5) Remove cover and turn off heat. Stir in parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!

Goes great with the following beers: Blue Moon, Sam Adams Weiss beer, Killian's Irish Red

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
SPICE BUTTER! THATS CLASSIC!

Here's a recipe for a pre-big nite out smoothie. It's full of potassium to prevent serotonin depletion, fibre and yogurt cultures to help your poor tummy, and honey is a proven antiseptic... The best thing is you can make and consume it within five minutes... And its low in fat too!

Whizz up in a blender:
4 ice cubes
1 large banana
1 heaped dessertspoon of wheatbran
1 large dessertspoon of low fat vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon of honey
about a cup of low fat milk

Coming back home, tuck into a big bowl of malaysian curry soup. I havent given quantities as this is a very flexible dish. Just use whatever you have at the time, it always tastes delicious. You can also add a small can of crab if you like at the end and reheat it through.

fry up some vegetables like onion, carrot, pumpkin, broccoli, tomato, potato, red capsicum in a generous spoonfull of malaysian curry paste over a high heat.
when the vegies are just tender, add enough chicken or vegie stock to cover. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more curry paste if you like.
Add some lentils, and simmer on a low heat until the vegetables are tender and the lentils are butter soft. Whizz it up in a food processor until it is smooth. Before serving, add coconut or normal milk to taste, and top with a little chopped coriander.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
MMM that curry soup sounds great!

Kev's Sweet & Spicy Taco Beef

When I make this I never ever measure anything, so I can't give exact quantities I'm afraid

Ingredients:
Diced beef, or beef mince. (Somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 pound per person is probably fine.)
Thai sweet chili sauce.
Around 1/2 - 3/4 pint strong beef stock. (If using cubes try adding half the water you usually would per cube).
3-4 heaped tbsp demerrara(sp) sugar
1 heaped tbsp Cornflour
Chopped peppers (optional), any colour you want (capsicums if you call them that).
Your choice of taco shells, flour tortillas etc.

First, buy a decent frying pan. Get a decent non-stick one and you shouldn't ever have to use oil for shallow-frying stuff, I never do. With meat you should never have to use oil anyway.

Ok so fry the beef until it has just gone from pink to very light brown. If you're using peppers throw them in and fry them with the beef. When the beef is light brown, add the stock. Add the thai chili sauce to taste, plenty if you want it hot, less if you like it mild. Stir well and allow to reduce for 5 mins.
Add the sugar and allow it to melt, stirring well. Mix cornflour with a little water, enough to completely dissolve the flour WITH NO LUMPS. Add a little cornflour paste and stir, add more cornflour until sauce begins to thicken. If you keep the pan pretty hot throughout the cornflour will thicken nice and fast. Cover and stir occasionally until sauce is thick enough to drip from a spoon but still leave a thick coating all over the spoon. Warm taco shells/flour tortillas in microwave and serve immediately with fresh salad, grated cheese and some salsa or spicy barbecue dip.

Tip: if you use beef mince for this, any leftover sweet & spicy mince is great in toasties the next day.. with melted cheese.. mmm

Edit: sorry about the imperial measures, even being raised in a metric school system I still use imperial

[ 16. January 2003, 03:14: Message edited by: Kev ]

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
yes well... lots of meaty recipes eh? taco beef and chicken parmesean, and sounding lovely to be sure, alas for we veggie people. so here is a thai curry recipe made with TOFU although anything can be substituted in its place... ahem, things like: extra tomatoes, or... garlic... or more tofu!

yep, meat too

Green Curry ::: kaeng kiew

serves 2, served with jasmine rice

1 can coconut milk
1/2 block of firm TOFU
1/2 can water
1 1/2 tablespoons green curry (recipe below)
1 tblspoon palm sugar (can sub regular sugar)
3 1/2 cm siamese ginger aka khaa (can sub reg. ginger)
20cm lemongrass aka citronella cut in 4cm pieces
1 small onion
3 spring onions
1 tomato or many cherry tomatoes
2 kaffir lime leaves shredded
1/2 lemon
3-4 chillies (or 30 )
1 squirt of soy
1 squirt of fish oil aka naam pla (or not)
4-5 stalks fresh coriander
basil if you please
mint leaves if you please
baby corn
cauliflower

whatever veggies you like actually. it can be anything, carrots, zuchini... all kaeng (curry) means in thai is made with vegetables. thai curry bears no relation to indian curry or curry powder, although you can experiment with some indian curry powder

curry paste:::
1 tblspoon coriander seeds
1 tblspoon cumin
10-15 green chillies (hot)
1/2 tblspoon kaffir lime, dried (if you cant find it, no worries)
2 tblspoon chopped shallots
2 tablespoons chopped lemon grass
1 tablespoon choppped siamese ginger
2 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon dry soy bean

method for curry paste:
brown the coriander seed, cumin over low heat (with oil) cool, pound set aside in a mortar and pound all ingredints together until smooth paste. then mix with pounded corander and cumin

****** attention: i have never bothered with making curry paste. i BUY it. if you can, i highly recommend it. ******

method for thai curry:

1) cut tofu into blocks and fry in oil until skin changes brown, remove and drain, set aside till later
2) pour coco milk, water, and curry paste into saucepan and bring to medium heat. add lemongrass, siamese ginger, some of the coriander, soy, kaffir lime leaves, fish oil, chillies, palm sugar and bring to boil
3) lower the heat now and begin adding the veggies.
4) add tofu keep on medium
5) at the very end add the juice of lemon, stir in, serve immediately

thai curry is almost impossible to flub up. it is easy, and take only minutes to make. the rice takes longer to cook, seriously.

chok dii

Wow

4,224 posts

Posted:
I am a Shibaki's Thai curry FAN ... i can only encourage you all to cook it it is yummy

Shine on
cassandra

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
I've made thia curry very similar to that. It's ver good. And Shibaki, theres no meat in my Butter Croissants they make a very good bfast or snack, scroll up to check them out. Later I'll post my Potato soup rec.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Seared Tuna with Basil Pesto

Pesto:

A large bunch of Basil
approx 100g of pine nuts
parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves
olive oil

Tuna steak (the thicker the better, Sashimi Tuna workd wonders)
Noodles (udon, soba, whatever thick noodles take your fancy)
Mixed green vegetables

Instructions -

Pesto:

Put the garlic, basil leaves, pine nuts and a small drizzle of olive oil in a food processor. Process them to a smooth thick green paste. (You can do this by hand in a mortar and pestle, but trust me, it takes much longer). Grate in some parmesan cheese. If the garlic is too sharp when you taste it, squeeze in some lemon juice.

Fish:

Follow the instructions on the packet to prepare the noodles you have chosen. Use a steamer insert saucepan to steam the vegetables, until cooked but still reasonably firm & crisp.

On either a barbecue, griddle pan, or very hot frying pan sear the tuna so it is browned on both sides. Unless the idea revolts you, do not cook it all the way through, leave the centre pink.

Arrange on plate the noodles, steamed greens, tuna steak, and smear with a little pesto.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have an idea. When you post a recipe, try to categorize it into one of the following:

*Appetizer
*Salad
*Side
*Main Course
*Dessert
*Bread
*Breakfast

Also, note any special dietary restrictions that your recipe will meet, (i.e. "vegan," "vegetarian," "lactose-free," etc.)

The reason I'm saying this is because once we build up some recipes up, I'll compile them into a Word file and then distribute them to anyone who wants one.

-Mike

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
something we all seemed to miss here is that DIBS HAS A BOYFRIEND..... there are many boys in the world crying tears of sadness {and joy, you go girl }

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Great idea mik G

CHOCO BANANO
dessert for everyone

bananas
wooden sticks
chocolate
nuts / almonds / pistaccio

put banana peeled on a stick

freeze for an hour

melt chocolate

dip banana in chocolate and then nuts of choice

re-freeze...

YUMMY

NB : Banana can be replaced by strawberries, pineapple, oranges or any fruit of your choice

[ 17. January 2003, 07:55: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
*wipes drool from mouth* A damn tasty thread!! You beat me to it Cass. That's the dog's danglies of a desert, strawberries with Toblerone melted on is my fav.

228 posts

Posted:
*appetizer for the sweet toothed alcoholic*

okays:

strawberrys/ lots of
muscut- fortified sweet desert wine/ lots of
icing sugar

in shallow tray place strawberries soak over night in fridge or outside in these god alfal cold northern countries... soak in the muscut by the way, half drown them, thats fill the tray half way up the strawberries(nb. dont pile the strawberries.)
umm give good coating of icing sugar an hour b4 they are to be served then another light sprinkle of muscut and icing sugar a minute or two before they are to be served...
to complete for the alcoholic polish off the bottle of muscut and maybe afew more and bon apitite.
mythmitch
enjoy

fire_light_movement

Page: ...