Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Flame Boy's Silly Moves (not tricks) Thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Thought I might make list of some of my best daft stuff I do with my stick purely for the purposes of giggles and maybe a bit of inspiration for some equally silly people ubbloco

Any/everyone else is totally welcome to add to the funage, if youve got a daft move, I want to hear about it devil

Ill start off with a totally useless one that I think non spinners dont even notice ubblol

Those of you that have seen Strugz's vid "Strugz and Staffz" will have seen him spin the staff sideways in his right hand backwards so the staff begins to wrap over his wrist and then he stops it above his shoulders, then drops it behind him to land in his waiting left hand.

Well I was messing around with my doubles doing (I dont know if it has a name) that trick where they are spinning the same way sideways to you and twist around each other infront of you where you can either turn around to untwist them or just stop and start spinning the other direction; and you can also stop the staffs behind you, one by the small of your back and the other by your neck (where Strugz has his staff before he drops it).

You can probably see where Im going with this (if my description has been half understandable) - From pausing the staffs behind you drop them both at the same time, the top staff will drop into your bottom hand (which doesnt need to move) and your top hand needs to be brought down very quickly to catch the bottom staff biggrin

Bit of silliness to try wink

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
thought it was :snes,halo,jesus,halo,snes? i may be wrong...i don't do staff!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
this is a move (i think) not a trick, but it is silly, and makes me laugh loads whenever i do it so... its fishtails on the lips... you halo into it, but instead of it going over your throat it goes onto your lips, then you turn around and it fishtails!! i've got 360's clean, 720's cleanish and 900's quite messy due to laughing too much and dizziness. thinking about it, is it a fishtail or is it just a 1 beat? hmm, i'll show mags tomorrow and see what he thinks.
also the staff poi thing, it counts as a silly trick, not a move cos i can't turn round, and its silly.

shaySILVER Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
check this out:

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
yeah twat dancer, thats the one!!

I dont know why i thought it was matrix confused

too much alcohol me thinks!!

no wonder i was struggling...........

SHAY! go home you spammer.

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Someone called ed of cambridge fame showed me a thing where the staff is vertical, at rest, one end resting on the ground. You hold the staff near the top (not the wick ... my first mistake!) to stop it falling.

You then wrap your right leg around the bottom of the staff (again ... not the wick! wink ). I mean all the way round, as far as you can. You can then let go of the staff with your hand, and then use your leg around the staff to flick the staff up clockwise (as the performer sees it). Looks pretty cool, except I keep smackingmyself in the face cos I don't lean backwards enough! I've stopped practising this, as I'm not sure how much of a beating my face can take!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Yeah man, you wanna get your leg as high up the staff as you can. I kick it out behind me rather than to the side (works better for me).

Can you kick it up spinning off the floor? Rest the staff on you foot then move you foot away from you to the side and the staff locks under your knee...and flies up in the air spinning devil

Is that you in that vid Shay? Looks pretty cool, very artsy biggrin I saw you start to do a tiny bit o' contact in there, do more dude!!! Altho to be a right tit, this is a silly moves thread, not a performance vids thread LOL! wink Are you a pro performer?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

jessfaerieSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
haha me and a friend were twirling in the city the other night and just being absolute tools haha.

there this one where you sort of wriggle your staff like youre paddling a kayak and then just sort of igor about the place, doing random starjumps and such.

absoloutely no talent needed haha. it looks funny as.

"...life is like John Howard- too short to waste time worrying..."

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
How does one "igor about the place", exactly?
ubblol

Page: