Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Flame Boy's Silly Moves (not tricks) Thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Thought I might make list of some of my best daft stuff I do with my stick purely for the purposes of giggles and maybe a bit of inspiration for some equally silly people ubbloco

Any/everyone else is totally welcome to add to the funage, if youve got a daft move, I want to hear about it devil

Ill start off with a totally useless one that I think non spinners dont even notice ubblol

Those of you that have seen Strugz's vid "Strugz and Staffz" will have seen him spin the staff sideways in his right hand backwards so the staff begins to wrap over his wrist and then he stops it above his shoulders, then drops it behind him to land in his waiting left hand.

Well I was messing around with my doubles doing (I dont know if it has a name) that trick where they are spinning the same way sideways to you and twist around each other infront of you where you can either turn around to untwist them or just stop and start spinning the other direction; and you can also stop the staffs behind you, one by the small of your back and the other by your neck (where Strugz has his staff before he drops it).

You can probably see where Im going with this (if my description has been half understandable) - From pausing the staffs behind you drop them both at the same time, the top staff will drop into your bottom hand (which doesnt need to move) and your top hand needs to be brought down very quickly to catch the bottom staff biggrin

Bit of silliness to try wink

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
You've all seen (and can most likely do) that move where you flick the staff up with your foot and lower leg (so if you were using your right foot the staff would go up in the air spinning anti-clockwise).
Well I reckon not many things are quite as cool as doing the same with doubles (but then I thought the Busted Wrap was cool but Im sure Mags wont hold back one second to tell you its rubbish ubblol)

To get this move to work properly you'll need to lie one staff slightly on top of the other. Have the two staffs lying parallel to each other, then lift the right-hand wick of the staff closest to you so its resting on top of the right-hand wick of the staff furthest from you (the two left-hand wicks should still be lying next to each other). Lie the staffs as they are on you right foot with 1/4 on the left side of your foot and 3/4 on the right side. You should be able to lift your foot to the side so the left-hand wicks catch under your right shin and hold the staffs there, do it with more force and you'll send the staffs flying into the air spinning anti-clockwise and, because one was on top of the other, they begin to separate in the air so you can grab one in each hand biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Here's one:

Hold the staff horizontally at yer side, pointing forwards, but with your arm slightly twisted so that your fingers are facing away from (and the back of your hand is facing towards) you. Simply lift the stick clean over your head to the other side, then climb over it, then repeat.

Very silly. Very simple. Very fun.

Nice one Flame boy.

devil

P.S. The Busted wrap is RUBBISH!

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
He he he, oh yeah, you've seen footballers run over the ball and flick it up between their feet, well you can do that with a staff too biggrin Takes a fair bit of practice to get it right tho.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Ninja Dave does a move like that, he called it the Scorpion Kick. You lean yer torso forwards, drop the stick behind you and kick it with the sole of your foot out over your head.

Tres Ninje...

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, I saw him do that.
This one has the staff starting on your foot though and gets kicked up behind you, over your head, and into your outstretched, waiting hand biggrin

What should this be called? The Football Kick? Thats uber rubbish but I cant think of anything cooler that would describe it confused

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Hold staff horizontally in hand with arm outstretched to the side of you, roll the staff down your forearm and flick it in the air with your elbow so it flys over your head and lands on your opposite elbow and rolls down the forearm to your hand. Obviously you can go back and forth, it doesnt have to go to your hands, just stop it and send it back at your wrist.

You can also let it roll all the way along your arm, bend your head down out of the way, and let it roll over your neck and down the other arm.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i dunno - sounds like a trick to me wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
RUBBISH! If you're gonna call double fishtails a move in your Stix and Stoned vid then this is most defo a move ubblol

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Dude!!

Just spotted your Sig!!!

Slightly off topic but why the hell aint you comin to PLAY!!!!???

Who am i gonna paint!!!>????

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately I will be rowing at Henley. Really rubbish, I'm so gutted! frown If only it was one week later that would be fine, but Im gonna be training every single day between now til Henley so I cant really miss it.
I dont think Ill be around for Fal6 either cos I'm travelling round Europe with some mates.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Not good dude...not good at all!

Ah well hopefully we'll see ya soon!

Oh and don't listen to Mags...the Busted wrap rocks! wink
hug

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
hug kiss

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Finally a thread I can get into....

A favourite in Nottingham.....'The Gumsheild Spin'

Very silly,a bit contacty and if do it right people won't have a clue wtf you did.

The start is similar to a Halo roll,up onto the shoulder but instead of the staff rolling over the back of your neck, lean back and let it roll into your mouth...At this critical moment you have to bite down on the staff handle and spin 360°. As you come back round, drop the staff onto your other shoulder and it ends like a halo roll..........easy silly lovely!

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Ohh nearly forgot....Jazz Hands...we need more Jazz hands in staff...they make anything like a MILLION times better

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
biggrin Thats awsome, Im loving it!!! ubblol

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
hold the staff balanced horizontally acroos your knuckles, drop it onto your foot (keeping the balance, innit) sit yo' ass down then with an expert flick of the feet and some backwards momentum, flick the staff into the air (still keeping it parralell with the ground)and roll back so your on your back and your legs are flailing in the air. catch the staff on the soles of your feet then do a kind of horizontal paddles motion. causing spin... and a bad back. fun to try, hard to get fluid, unless you're good with your feet.... which im not. boots dont particualrly help either.

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Flame Boy

Hold staff horizontally in hand with arm outstretched to the side of you, roll the staff down your forearm and flick it in the air with your elbow so it flys over your head and lands on your opposite elbow and rolls down the forearm to your hand. Obviously you can go back and forth, it doesnt have to go to your hands, just stop it and send it back at your wrist.

You can also let it roll all the way along your arm, bend your head down out of the way, and let it roll over your neck and down the other arm.

isnt that just a slightly different version of a steve where you release out the back of your hand, roll it down your arm, make it 180 around your neck then back up the other arm?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

nukexGOLD Member
20 posts

Posted:
The soft staff trick:

hold the staff in front of you with both hands shoulderwide. start moving up and down your hands quater(?)-split-time, if qou do that with the right feeling, the staff seems to bend!!!! (perhaps you know how to do that with a pencil, at least thats the thing I always did at school, bending my pencil, so I tried it with the contact staff ;-)
Its hard to see with fire, and it looks real silly when you practise and noone knows what the hell you are doing there
;-)

hannes aus Wien

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Mr Maj - No, the staff doesnt spin for this move, it stays perpendicular to you and just goes back and forth biggrin

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
a bit of silliness for 3: stand in a triangle with 1 staff, take the staff in left hand and wrap it round neck of person to left, they take it with their left hand and wrap it round the persons neck to their left and so on,
i dunno if this is that silly but we were in stitches.
next step is to do half steves in a triangle, sounds painful tho.

Nadojourneyman
61 posts

Posted:
I once hung a poi from my nipple ring, does that count as stupid?

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Mmmm, maybe just a little masochistic.

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
two people standing in front of each other, 2 staffs, one per person, arms stretched out in front and roll the staffs down the arms, slight flick of the wrist and pass them across and back up the opposite persons arms.

also, flameboy we had 3 of us in a line doing the one you were talking about where you flick it over your head at the elbow and passed it back and forth between the 3 of us... smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
2 poi in each hand, staff in each hand, fire, heat, exhaution.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Can you turn around? wink

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Yes why...is there something on my back? wink

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
no, i can't!! [censored] things just hit me in the face or twizzzles round the sticks, will work it out one day...

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
kick up, knee up

and if you're keen (catch on elbow) elbow pop to wrist/hand

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
.....and bounce it on your head???

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
dude, whats that silly combo you kept tellin me about at fal??

Snes, halo, matrix, halo, snes???? that right?

if it is im struggling out of the matrix big time, its not happening! but in all fairness i can see why you like it!

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Page: