Forums > Social Discussion > Daniel Craig as James Bond

Login/Join to Participate

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I'm surprised this thread hasnt come up before, so lets hope my searching was thorough enough.

I was just curious about what people thought about Daniel Craig being the new James Bond. Personally I think he'll be a great James Bond! Obviously we won't know until the film comes out but so far he seems to ebd oing well.

He's got a lot of stick for it, hate websites, insults about breaking his teeth, not being able to drive manual cars and being scared on a Naval arrival, but why should that have any take on him being bond?

For me Bond has to bea bit ruthless, we can't forget he has a License to kill, he is an assassin, aswell as a martini drinking poker playing posh spy, and I think Craig will bring much of this 'Urban' style bond back to the character.

Opinions please?

Non-Https Image Link

And for the perv's wink

Non-Https Image Link

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I'm not keen. He just doesn't have the air of suaveness about him that a really good Bond has... nor the charm.

Piers (sp?) will be missed! He's been a fantastic Bond, even if some of the plots (Die Another Day) haven't matched him. Goldeneye remains, in my opinion, the best Bond film to date

*hides*

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Dunno... but then I didn't exactly like Pierce Brosnan either. Much too hairy. And the scene where he was in bed with Sophie Marceau, and all he thought of doing was to hold his stupid Rolex into the camera...

Can we not just rejuvenate (does that word exist??) Sean Connery?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Bring back George Lazenby, that's what I say

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _kevlarsoul_

Bring back George Lazenby, that's what I say

ubblol ubblol ubblol

He would be an improvement on Piercy... rolleyes

There really only are two bonds... Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton. No-one else really got it right. I agree, this Craig person doesn't look very smooth. Too unshaven and rough. frown

And why don't they just give up on James Bond? Every film since Golden Eye have been horrific. Actually, they've all been horrific since the end of the Cold War rolleyes wink

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Most of them were horrific, but with style ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Timothy Dalton? Were you standing on your head when you typed that? Do you feel alright?

etc?!

smile

Thoreau

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I hope you were joking about bringing back George Lazemby!

Timothy Dalton was good and bought back a bit more of an edge to the character of 007.

About the comment of Craig looking too unshaven and rough, well I think thats whats needed in Bond, the original character by flemming isnt the most cleanshaven smart guy all the time that Bond has become

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
My all time favourite is the living daylights- probably because of the fantastic Aston V8 vantage that was Bond's steed for the film biggrin

Daniel Craig? Give the guy a chance and reserve judgement for the moving pictures biggrin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
He can't drive.

Loser.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

RayinRedSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
In the end I think there is only one true Bond, Sean Connery.

This guy looks better than Timothy Dalton and definetly better than Roger Moore, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Agree with Sethis on one point, the movies have sucked since Golden Eye. They ran out of books and came up with the worst god damn plots since. It was a good run, why cant they leave it at that?

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I'm waiting for the one where Bond foils a terrorist plot organized by Al Q'aeda, funded by Saddam Hussein and with a shadowy foreign interest (Read: China)...

Oddly enough the Russians are the good guys ubblol

I think it would sell well in America wink tongue

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Even before Daniel Craig got the role I was kinda hoping it would be him as I had seen a pic of the real spy whom Ian Flemming based the character of Bond upon.

The guy in the photo was ugly as sin but was still able to get the chicks. But more importantly he had the same Cro-Magnon/Neandethalic brow that Craig has.

Even though he is younger than Brosnan I always thought Brosnan looked too young and pretty for Bond (even in the last one) so Craig would have the potential to bring back the 'Man's Man' quality that Brosnan lacked...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
My favourite Bond, is Pierce Brosnan.

Im sorry to say it, but I think he fits it well.

Im not happy about that Daniel Craig chappie as Bond. Ive never been too keen on greedy people with two forenames anyway wink

I would have much rather seen Clive Owen as Bond to be honest shrug --> wink <--

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
ditto about Clive ubblove

you know the first thing I thought when I read the announcement in the news was "what??? CRAIG DAVID??? Surely if anything he's only gonna sing the theme tune!" redface

(had hardly ever heard about Daniel Craig then)

But, to make things worse, rumour has it that Mariah Carey's going to sing the theme tune. I do hope it's just rumour.

Edit: just started a post in chat about Bond songs smile God I'm so sad wink

[Old link]
EDITED_BY: Birgit (1146215906)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UraniumChipOxidationFacility

Im not happy about that Daniel Craig chappie as Bond. Ive never been too keen on greedy people with two forenames anyway wink
I would have much rather seen Clive Owen as Bond to be honest shrug --> wink <--

Is 'Owen' not a forename? biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hence the wink with the arrows.
Like this --> wink <--

wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
personally, I like Sean Connery, purely for the accent. Mish Moneypenny.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.