Forums > Social Chat > yayyyy!!!first fire breath. amazing.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dragon_child_adilnewbie
8 posts

Posted:
muahahahaha. im a dragon now. it was so kooool
eve nthough i could not produce a tower, the fireball was sweeet. i got very high on adrenalin after tht. ubbangel

yes, but ive bin burping kerosene since ive done it and my eyes are stinging(though tht cud be from lack of sleep of sleep due to talking to friends all night. redface.

when you asked for light i set myself on fire.
walking the fine line between insanity and survival.

Captain_Hi_TopBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
well done mate

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw
a revolver at him?

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
oooo wicked! i SO want to learn how to do fire breathing i know its bad for you but i still wana! but i have knowone in nelson to tell me how best to do it and how to not set my face on fire.

nice going tho dude! biggrin

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
nice going mate, scarey though. ubbloco

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Firebreathing is very cool, easy to pick up, very hard to do skillfully and extremely dangerous. Do not teach yourself, get someone experienced to show you the ropes and do comprehensive research on where other performers have gone wrong with it (who are now dead or have permanent injuries). Good luck

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I agree with Byron. Fire Breathing is very dangerous and although is impressive, you need to be careful.

Well done though! I remember the 1st time i did it and i felt so good from doing it. But since spenidng more time looking at the dangers of it and stuff i have only done it one night and never again. I feel much happier just spinning biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Just Another Clown

Well done though! I remember the 1st time i did it and i felt so good from doing it.

Doug! Don't let me eve catch you talking about doing that silly fire breathing nonsense ever again. D'ya hear me?! You're too pretty to die!
angry

I personally I don't find a big ball of flame comming from your mouth which could potentially be lethal, cool.

But hey thats just me... rolleyes

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Oh for god's sake...

Just buy your self a staff, and do burn offs. Same thing, and less "yo dude! You're dead!"

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

You're too pretty to die!

ditto biggrin

dragon_child_adilnewbie
8 posts

Posted:
your appreciation is most encouraging. i have done some research on the topic and it is still under way. im trying to contact two or three people in pakistan who might be able to help. but the problem is that there is NO ONE here in pakistan who does ANY FIRE ART WHATSOEVER. i am aware of the dangers and do my best to take all necessary precautions.

THANKS PEOPLE! hug

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
big up fire breathing

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
I used to do things like 10 M tall explosions every weekend for most of my teenage years , but when it comes to fire breathing 7 spits over 2 nights was more than enough to decide to quit while I'm still alive. True, it feels great to have done it, but the acute danger and long term health effects just are not worth the risk.

Try fire walking instead, it's a stronger adrenalin hit and it's safer, and you dont have to shut your eyes to do it so you get to see it yourself , not just see a red flash of light.

EDITED_BY: Charles (1146122628)

10,530 posts

Posted:
...You used petrol!?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

...You used petrol!?

my thoughts exactly eek eek eek

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
well done but have you looked at the long term effects of firebreathing to the mouth

(im only sayin this cos i had a scare a few months back, so im off the firebreathing for a long time)

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Valura

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

dragon_child_adilnewbie
8 posts

Posted:
petrol is severely explosive dude, will never try that. i use kerosene diluted wid ethanol and water which lowers the flash point of the fuel and is also less toxic.
i hav read the effect of it on the mouth and am thinking about it. thanks for being concerned.

u did petrol????
scareeeeeee

97 posts

Posted:
Some people have interpereted my previous (now edited) post to have refered to having breathed fire with petrol . This is not the case as any such activity is 100% gaurenteed to set yourself on fire and is totally unsafe , and is totally imposible to make safe iether.

The 10M tall explosions mentioned involved the still highly dangerous practice of imersing an epoxy coated explosive device into a 4L bucket of petrol and detonating it electrically from a distance of about 30M away. There was ment to be an explanatory picture but it did not attach properly.

This was to provide a somewhat safer practice to compare the highly dangerous activity of fire breathing against, definitly not to imply that I safely breathed 10M collums of fire with petrol for many years, this is definitly not the case at all. The small amount of fire breathing I did involved D60 and kerosene, fuels that reduce the least signifigant health threat of fire breathing, namely burning alive, but attenuate none of the more serious dangers such as the fatal or permanently debilitating consequences of inhaleing fuel .

Sorry for any confusion, fire breathing with anything at all is totally unrecomended. As for explosives, if you use safe equipment and know what your doing (assuming you survive getting that knowledge in the first place) then your fine untill you make your first mistake, but the consequences of that mistake will be fatal, in the case mentioned above, death by fire.

Take the advice of a semi reformed pyromaniac and if you cant escape an adiction to playing with fire, take up fire twirling as a way of living a little bit longer as it's the first step in overcoming a fixation with fire. That said , I can give up any time I want to, it's just that I dont want to give it up.

10,530 posts

Posted:
ooooo, much better smile

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
yeah, after reading it a few times, that's the interpretation I got

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
My first firebreathe went quite well until the guy who taught me set his face on fire after applying Vaseline to his beard area to prevent chapped skin.

My first thought was 'Hmmmmm. 'Vaseline? As in 'Petroleum Jelly'? Is that wise?' But he claimed to have used it before. So I didn't say anything. 10mins later I was chatting to others at the poi meet when someone shouted 'SOMEONE'S FACE IS ON FIRE!!!!'. I turned around and there was the guy his beard was alight and he was furiously trying to smother the small flames with his hands. Suddenly the flames engulfed his face and I was frozen to the spot and couldn't think of how to help him (with a calm rational mind I would have undid my coat and tried to smother it with that but I wasn't calm and rational then).

I can't remember how we managed to put it out but I remember Lee (dragar/fire fairy liquid) ran to him and did SOMETHING. The guy deserves a medal or something for staying calm and know what to do when the rest of us looked on paralysed in horror.

In the end all he had was a slightly red nose and a case of the shakes but he was fine (he had a bit of a smoke afterwards as he clearly needed it!) but a visit to the A&E was in order just to make sure.

I would've just gone with the chapped skin myself...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

10,530 posts

Posted:
Yeah...

Fire Breathing just has the whole "Yo dude, you're dead/burning" thing that is just really unappealing to me...

shrug

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ditto

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Applaudes FRD...
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

97 posts

Posted:
Did he of the greasy beard ever do it again after that , and did anyone who saw it happen ever firebreath again?

pop_n_freshmember
48 posts

Posted:
a mate of mine keeps doing it with WD-40 god knows what thats doing to him, i keep telling him to stop cos he has never had any experiance or tutoring, he just spits WD-40 onto a zippo. i know. idiot.

what is the fatality that can actualy happen? ive heard people saying that the you can inhale the fumes and they can ignite in your throat and lungs, but i dont know how much truth there is in that.

Just call me Pop.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Take a look HERE.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

SpiderbabySILVER Member
c",
199 posts

Posted:
Congratulations dragon child adil !!!

beerchug clap

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I think this thread should be removed, because there are too many people saying it's cool and what dragon_child_adil has done is something to be pleased about.

It's a stupid thing to do, please don't carry on.

frown

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
someone as clever as Dave's mate proving how reduced mental capacity for cognitive fore thought + stupid assed fire tricks + lack of real skill = comedy and injury at their own expense

Let's relight this forum ubblove

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i third sym's surgestion

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Page: