bushfireBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hey people,
My aluminium 1400mm staff has been left in a bad place for a few months (I thought I had lost it!) and now it has slightly warped, is there any way of straightening. I'm going to buy a new one anyways (and take much better care of it ofcourse) but I would like to fix this one anyways to practice with or give to someone else if I can. Thankyou for any replies in advance.

Also where is the best place to store a staff? In a carry bag? Standing up or lying down? etc etc?

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Alu you can just bend straight again, but once warped, alays warped a bit in my (admittedly very limited)experience.

It's not the end of the world if it moves slightly kinky, but you've got to remember to keep it somewhere it'll be happy

Best advice - next time buy a take-down wink

And hey, it's not all bad - you thought you lost it!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

jeffhighGOLD Member
89 posts

Posted:
Best place to store is in a length of pvc pipe with end caps.

pop_n_freshmember
48 posts

Posted:
maybe i should design a wood cored staff with a truss rod, so you can keep it straight, hmmmm.

Just call me Pop.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Or do what I do, use them as long as you can, and when bent, make/buy amother one!

"Simple, and then there are dozens of staffs for people to play with when they come over.."

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Charles

dozens

You want to start taking better care of your staffs wink

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
If you're willing to spend a few quid and track down a place who does it you should be able to find a engineering works or similar who do pipe bending. A pip bending machine can straighten pipes up quite nicely, providing the metal hasn't stretched too much on the one side.

Or do as Charles says, make a new one and have a rough spare one for other folks to use smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
meditate the staff is not bent. It is you who are bending around the staff meditate

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

aweckworthSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
aggggg this happenned to me too Im so bummed. Although it warped not very much and the balance point is still directly in the middle. It seems as though the moves still flow fine, Im just wondering about contact. Do you think a perfectly balanced but mildly warped stick will still work just as fine?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
problem with warped staffs is once bent any contact body rolls like steves wobble and bounce which isn't pleasant and when it happened to me annoyed me greatly so i made a new one.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.