tadleysimonnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
hello,
im new to poi but i gotta say its great. ive read the free lessons bit about the weave andv ive read all the other posts but i just can seen to get it right. i can do it with just one poi but wen u use 2 they just tangle up.
can eneone help?

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
before someone gruff comes by
do a search of the discussion and check out helpful advice thread

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

CytronixSILVER Member
106 posts

Posted:
Heya I'm a beginner and I learnt the 3bt weave in about 20 minutes last night. What the free lesson says is a tad confusing. After you stagger them 180dg, when you put your right poi over the left, you have to put the left poi under your right arm immediately, maybe just beforehand. Otherwise you swing the right one over and it just tangles into the left one. Apart from that, the free lesson explains it very well. Does that help? smile

It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who youre not.

Saskeahmember
43 posts

Posted:
Try doing a figure 8 with one hand, and then just letting the other hand follow. I find that that's the simplest way to learn. You could also try practicing crossovers in order to get your hand coordination down. Just like in skipping, move your hands in circles on either side of your body, and then cross your arms on the down swing.

The type of poi that you're using could be causing you problems as well. I would recommend something without ribbons if you're just learning, and obviously without fire as well. Try with something solid to learn new moves, I generally use my juggling clubs. That way you can see what you're doing wrong really slowly and without anything tangling. It's good help with hand movement, and then you can throw the poi in after.

CytronixSILVER Member
106 posts

Posted:
Umm, yeah, do that, thats better advice than mine! lol Yeah, using sticks instead of poi first of all does help.

It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who youre not.

tadleysimonnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
thanks
i tried it again today and i got it. i dunno wot i was doing wrong but i know wot to do now,
thanks for your help