DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
I've definitely struggled finding decent knee high socks to make sock poi in Australia - probably theres not enough market due to the more sensible climate we have here smile
Ive found a guy in Sydney at Glebe markets who has heaps of the stripey colour/black kind.
When i was at Confest over the weekend - I arranged with a couple of newbies i was teaching to buy some and post them as they couldnt find them either.

i wondered if anyone else was having the same issue and wanted some? i think they were about $6 per pair or something (plus a couple of dollars postage), and had most colours w/ black stripes.

ill try to pop down to the markets this saturday to check he's still got a stall set up.

Cheerio!
E ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I found some @ k-mart on the w/end, E... similar price, similar colour scheme.

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
I find that the Sock Stands (in the middle of the walkways) in our local larger shopping centres - ie Westfield - have them, in a wide range also - they also have the ones with toes on them too, dont know if they are any good for poi tho.... I am pretty sure they had a deal like 3 pairs for $12 or something, will double check when I am there again, if anyone is interested, PM me.

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
Or you could support this fine website and get some online from the HOP site clap ..........for $15 you get them delivered to your front doorstep..........what more could you ask???

Doc wink
EDITED_BY: Docta (1145444836)

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Did I hear mention of sock poi with toes? and yes they spin great!!!!!

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
if you can shop at a Target online, they have cool socks, i always get some for christmas and i like it(to wear)
or ebay has some funky socks under goth or punk
or buy the empty socks here
(i love my black and white striped)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
The Sock Shop in Melbourne. Bought a few nice pairs there- bit pricey though. Due to budget constraints, I missed out on my bumblebee socks... did manage to find my rare Blue White Grey Black combo though.. ubblove

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Toe-sock poi are definitely where it's at!

I got my socks 3 for $10 at a street festival in february (hence me now having matching poi, socks and fingerless gloves! ubblol). And I'm pretty sure they sell them at my university market.

If you want, I can sus out the market for you when uni goes back next week?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
OK, I guess I stand corrected, toe sock poi are the Shizz! ubblol

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
well, i know what i am going to go get next paycheck

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

Lou's rainbow poi are toe socks miss arnwyn... and yes, i find those things in walkways to be a wealth of long socks, i also find them in target and k mart... cuz i wear heaps of long stripy socks too, i ubblove knee socks they keep my feet AND my legs warm smile

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Yeah Foxy i realised this last nite, was playing with them a bridgeyness! ubblol walkway thingys rock if your looking for a long sock!

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

MiG's car got broken into last week and they stole one of his sock poi! (WHY would you steal one sock filled with rice?) So we had to get new one's for him weekend just gone, but they didn't have any black and white one's left, so he has to have red and white ones now... frown

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Eek.. sorry to hear.. my heart goes out to the bereaved poi.. hug

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
toe sock poi rock! biggrin ubblol

i got some knee length lots of colours without heels at the china town markets the other week!! biggrin clap $4 each or 3 pair for $10! bargain!! tongue

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!