Forums > Social Chat > Help My Sister - Review this Website

Login/Join to Participate

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Below is from my sister - please if you have time give it a go. ubblove

Please can you visit my website and test it. Please bear in mind that this is a proof of concept and therefore not quite all-singing, all-dancing!

https://hems.bounceme.net

Please create a user to use the larder and add ingredients & recipes pages. The general search is available to non-members.

There are only a few ingredients in the database, so please add what you need, and add a recipe or two.

If you like, create a larder and add some ingredients. Then you can search your larder to see what recipes you can make from the ingredients.

You can also just do a recipe search based on a keyword.

Once you've had a play, please answer the following questions and send your replies back to me. 1 = rubbish, 10 = fabulous.

1) Ease of use 1-10
2) Design 1-10
3) Would use it again
larder Y/N
recipe search Y/N
4) any other comments

Thank you!!!

Hels

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ok after using it myself, when you register you have to have a punctuation mark in the password

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
1) pretty self explanitory, 8

2) simple, looks good 9

3) larder - Y
recipe - Y definately

4) maybe a function to show popular recipes that other users have used? I don't know whether you could or not though?

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
nice idea! i showed my mum and she's already bookmarked it wink

) Ease of use 9 - only 1 less cause when your search doesn't find anything it just goes blank and doesn't tell you...maybe there could be a thing saying 'no results'?

2) Design 10 - very nice!

3) Would use it again
larder Y - like i said, fab idea - i can't think of another site that does this.
recipe search Y

4) any other comments

the only other thing i can think of is that it might take ages to add in everything in your larfer 1 at a time like that, but apart from that i think it's wicked.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
1) Ease of use; 6, had to make a non alphanumeric PW (and therefore remember it) to guard a list of the contents of my fridge.
There should be an option to select nothing in the 'units' section for selecting whole units ie 12 eggs etc (I ent gonna weigh em)
The 'name' option for the ingredients in your larder should be optional not default (IMO)

2) Design 6 needs more colour, pictures, etc
3) Would use it again
larder Y
recipe search Y (if it works next time)
4) Sorry I'm being quite harsh but there's not point replying if I don't list the things I found annoying. The idea of a giant open source recipe book is genius though, I think if it was finished off properly you could probably get enough users to make some advertising money off it.

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
1) Ease of use 7
2) Design 6
3) Would use it again
larder - y
recipe search - didnt work
4) any other comments
yeh, really good concept. some parts need more explaination and some parts dont work like the my larder, possibly because i dont know what its used for. i reckon if you worked on it even after you've handed it in theres potential for a website that could generate you money. and would be well useful for students who dont have any useful food in the house ... like me at the moment!

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--