Your personal information you provide will be transfered and stored as encrypted data.
You have the ability to update and remove your personal information.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.
Allow cookies for
Necessary Cookies Necessary Cookies cannot be unchecked, because they are necessary for our website to function properly. They store your language, currency, shopping cart and login credentials.
Analytics Cookies We use google.com analytics and bing.com to monitor site usage and page statistics to help us improve our website. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Marketing Cookies Marketing Cookies do track personal data. Google and Bing monitor your page views and purchases for use in advertising and re-marketing on other websites. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Social Cookies These 3rd Party Cookies do track personal data. This allows Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest integration. eg. shows the Facebook 'LIKE' button. They will however be able to view what you do on our website. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Posted: Hi Guys, Any of you Aussies tried this, I came across it in my local hardware store the other day and bought a 4L jug for $19. Just tried a burn, pretty clean took a while to light with a 90 deg C Flash point
Posted: is that the stuff i buy from bunnings? hmmm cant remember brand name. i find that is does make my car less stinky when i forget and leave my staffs in there over-night - but has a slightly more intense kind of grease smoke/fumes when burnt.
anti odour additives being more toxic - Squarefish do you have any reference about that i can get some more information?
"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.
newgabeSILVER Member what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls. 4,030 posts Location: Bali, Australia
Posted: 90 degree flash point? That is very high. Ksol used in a commercial 'firetwirling fuels' has a 38 degree flashpoint. I use d60 which is a 66 degrees. I have used d70 with a 74 degree falshpoint and did notice it was greasier.
So yes I can imagine that 90 degrees would be heavier again.
There's quite a few threads that state that about 'chemicals to make odourless are more toxic' but I've never seen any proof cited.
.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....
Posted: Only done one burn with it so far I had not seen it on the shelf before so thought I would try it. It is marketed for lamp and heater use (ie indoor) so I would guess it would not have toxic fumes(Unless you were using it for firebreathing which I have no interest in. I was really surprised when I downloaded the MSDS and found a 90deg C flashpoint Seemed less oily than the lamp oil I had been using. But then the firewater I ordered from Juggleart came in the mail yesterday so I have that to try out now