boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
i am sad. we installed a new hard drive and in the process i have lost all of my contacts, calenders, and whatnot that was stored so neatly in my outlook. i cannot figure out how to transfer the info from the old hard drive. i have looked for it and as far as i can tell it no longer exists. i hate technology. i had to come weep. frown

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake

RumpleSTmember
61 posts

Posted:
you could maybe phone up microsoft and ask them if there is anyway that a transfer could be done. Do you still have you old hard drive?

If you do and its all still on there, you could maybe get it onto another computer and print them out, then put them in the new one manually.

Either way there must be a way to do it smile

Its a big ol mish mash!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
have you searched for *.pst? that's what the outlook file will look like.

with you all the way on technology... I'm the only technophobic computer programmer I know...

mmmm, cheesecake... hungry now

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Well, assuming you haven't formatted the old drive, the information's still there.

What you could do is install the old drive and change the boot sequence (i.e. to boot Windows from the old drive, bypassing your current new drive).

Back in your old drive, you've got to open Outlook, and under File, look for Export/Import. Export the top folder (Personal folders, and click Include Subfolders), as for file format, make it a .pst file. Save that and in your new Outlook, Import it from the file. That should sort everything out.

Alternatively, if your old drive is still running as a spare drive and you haven't formatted or deleted everything on it, look for backup.pst which should be the default saved info. That may not contain everything including contacts though.

Yet another alternative, choose File> Import in your new Outlook, and Import from Program, and look for Outlook in your old drive, if it's still there.

Good luck.

RhysmaSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
 Written by: boobookittyfudge

i am sad. we installed a new hard drive and in the process i have lost all of my contacts, calenders, and whatnot that was stored so neatly in my outlook. i cannot figure out how to transfer the info from the old hard drive. i have looked for it and as far as i can tell it no longer exists. i hate technology. i had to come weep. frown

Dork, why didn't you call me? I can fix it.

Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It translates to beef with broccoli. The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
shut up

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake