Forums > Social Discussion > Public Performance and Audience Nightmare

Login/Join to Participate

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Hey all.. There's a very interesting set of threads on tribe.net regarding a performance nightmare. Apparently a troupe performed an act with an audience member, something went wrong and the audience member and his daughter got hurt, which brought on a lawsuit (I believe) that affected how the media reported about the incident and how other performance artists viewed it in reaction.

Anyways, it's a very interesting read (that's currently still ongoing), the first from the perspective of the media and the reaction of other artists, the second from the perspective of the troupe leader and direct discourse with other artists..

Here's the links:
https://tribes.tribe.net/fireartsedu/thread/bbb7203b-b31b-4704-929d-4a8eef2e6f17
https://tribes.tribe.net/fireartsedu/thread/d4c90b9f-6b1e-4f70-9e95-3b3037bfe4d1

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
That's a great thread, and there was a thread on here about the accident, but I can't find it to save my life. It's nice to see some input from someone who was actually involved and hear (partially) their side of the story rather than expanding on speculation on what MIGHT have happened to cause the accident.

The thread is timely too, as we head into "the season" it's a good time to rehash safety procedures.

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Indeed... It was rather interesting to see how those threads panned/are panning out. From the initial article, to the flaming reactions to the article's take on the situation from "the community", to the performer's general take on the situation, to the change in reactions from "the community" and the fact that you shouldn't believe everything you read (on either side of the story)...

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Sounds just like an unlucky fire accident to me, although I dont think it would be right to EVER involve audience members in an act. Lucky her she had insurance.

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^