Forums > Social Chat > I accdently threw one of my fire poi in2 a tree :(

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
james_r80GOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
I had a few drinks the other night and accidently let one of my poi go bye, it flew through the air....and hooked in a tree eek now i only have one redface any ideas how to get poi from tree without injuring myself help

Seize The Carp

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
throw balls at it

throw the other poi at it

"Quote coming soon..."

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Maybe if you could provide us with a picture of said tree & poi we could be of more assistance? For now though, have one of these: hug

I'm very sorry for your loss of poi!

everyone's unique except me

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
erm have you thought of using a ladder

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Step 1: Go to Thailand.

Step 2: Poach a monkey

Step 3: smuggle it home.

Step 4: train it

Step 5: Make it get your poi out of the tree

Step 6: consider other possibilities where a trained monkey would be useful!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
wow i want a trained monkey im only 5ft3 it could get me all the things i cant reach

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

james_r80GOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Monkey definatley sounds like fun, will look into umm

Seize The Carp

james_r80GOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
https://www.monkeyhelpers.org/

Non-Https Image Link

cool

Seize The Carp

MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
You could try climbing the tree? Perhaps you are not able to climb that high though, in which case I would suggest standing on someone's shoulders (Preferably a friend's) or someone standing on your shoulders to obtain it.

You could stand on a chair.

You could use a lasso

You could hire those people who come and cut down trees and then their whole 20-person family comes and sits on your street all day to watch.

You could buy a new set of poi.

okay I'm done ubblol

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
bounce an axe, an axe bounce2

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Noone's mentioned a whip yet? I've seen poi rescued with stockwhips on several occasions..

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
We throw shoes when the frisbee we use at uni gets stuck in the tree...ahhh the memories....one day one of the girls came along saw three of us just standing there in socks and looking up at a frizbee, one hacky sack, 6 shoes, and a banananana...
She just looked at our socks, looked at us looking up wistfully at our shoes and just went "tree:8 uni students: zero" and automatically started taking her own shoes off...
Ahhh the good times (all shoes,hackysacks and banananana's were recoverd before the next lecture)
We did learn from this...cause i seem to remember lifting my friend Jess above my head by her legs (not and easy feat) next time to save us the embarressment of standing around in our socks...

But i'm assume its a bit too high for human towers...and that you like ur shoes...

I'd prolly just figure out a way to climb it...or get ur hands on a cherry Picker...

7,193 posts

Posted:
personally i would climb the damd tree, being a scaffolder for nearly 5/6 years i don't worry about hieghts and having done indoor and outdoor rock clinmbing and absieling the fear factor is low

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
yeah climb the tree!!

or construct an elaborate pulley system to lift yourself up with.. biggrin

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

simeonSILVER Member
enthusiast
233 posts

Posted:

ok.

try this.
eat some cous cous.

thats all. ubbloco

no mummy, please dont make me go to millyways again.

i hate the way it all ends!

RumpleSTmember
61 posts

Posted:
eat lots and lots of cous cous till you get very very large, then have someone drop you from a great hight, in theory, you should bounce, judge the angle right and you could bounce up just high enough to get your other poi, then you can poi lots and lose all the extra weight put on by eating all the cous cous. Problem solved. bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

Its a big ol mish mash!

7,193 posts

Posted:
pahhhhhhhhh..................... cous cous................. what you need is cheese cake biggrin

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ooh ooh! i know!

buy a trampoline...fun and poi retrieval all in one

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
did "tree wrap" ever make it to the "definitive" list? wink

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
did someone say cheesecake? biggrin
i agree with the whip theory, or the monkey. either way, could you get video of it?
good luck, if i'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
You could thank your lucky stars it wasnt lit on fire, I like these ideas: train a monkey, or bribe a street person to climb the tree.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
I was a bit concerned about the poached monkey...
eek I was thinking poached like how you do eggs( boiled, yuk!), and wondering how that could possibily help one?ubblol

Have spent much fun time at this endeavor ! We found using heavy snaky rope with a weight tied securely on the end, to throw up into the tree, snag the object or the branch it was on, and then jiggle it down worked well.

But personally, I think the monkey option would be much more entertaining. You could of course get new poi whilst in thailand, teach the moneky tricks, and make millions travelling asia as a performance troupe...

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

james_r80GOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Sooo im thinking ubbidea i go to thailand, get a monkey and some new poi, peform as a monkey/fire guy weavesmiley duet, eventually bring it home, buy a trapolene bounce , some cous cous, and cheesecake. Then get the monkey fat and bouncin bounce2 till it gets my poi bak......Yaaaa thats awesome!!!!! wow thankx

Seize The Carp

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
throw the other one at it, either have both or neither biggrin

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

7,193 posts

Posted:
you could.......................... pay me money to come down and scaffold up to your poi biggrin

or get an incredibly long poking stick and poke your poi so it falls into your hand, or hits you on the head hehe

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
or u could hire the service of a tree lover....

I come into that list somewhere.... I tend to get stuck in em too tho out of fascination....

picture this-

curiosity climbs said tree
'ooo poi... OOOOO TREE!!!.... OOOOOOO MAGIC'
*James ponders the situation*

'nope not coming down, MY TREE! have ur poi'

*whoosh poi flies down*
*James realises he has a new neighbour*

EnderWigginBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
 Written by: infinite

You could thank your lucky stars it wasnt lit on fire, I like these ideas: train a monkey, or bribe a street person to climb the tree.

Ha!

this actually happened to me on halloween. My friends were throwing a haunted forest thing in their back forty and they asked me to be at the end of it spinning fire in a devil costume. I was spinning in a small clearing and i was nervous cuz it was the first time i had spun in front of people i knew and it was the first time i had spun sober(mmmm...intoxicants make me flowy). so anyway, about a minute in i f*ed up and one poi shot 20 feet up and got stuck in a pine tree. fortunately the trunk was only about 5 inches and the tree had a good lean to it so we were able to shake the poi out. Then 2 minutes later i'm trying to spin them fast to extinquish the burn and one of my chains broke, shooting the poi head 30 feet into a brushpile...all in all quite the disastrous burn.

"You spin me right round, baby right round like a record baby, right round round round"

james_r80GOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Yeah thats bout how it happened, when i was spinning it real fast to put it out i accidently let go, so it was out real lucky i didnt set anything on fire coz i was in the bush....lots of stuff to set on fire!

Seize The Carp

7,193 posts

Posted:
i've been spinning fire at a rave in a foresty block (being carefull as hell as i know how well a pine forrest go's up) the police where closing in, the tunes where getting good and the sun was coming up.

the police wanted the party to stop (as usual) and even used sneeky tactics to shut the rig down, lucky someone passed the word round to swarm the rig and generators so the cops couldn't get near. i think i'm even on police video hugging a police woman biggrin

i even asked the police if they minded if i spun some fire poi and was told " as long as you don't spin near the cars"

nice one for babylon clap

after that i packed my poi away and went to stack for the next 4 hours bounce

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
Maybe a trained koala?

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

7,193 posts

Posted:
just get a sound systenm sorted, place it next to the tree and send out the word your having an all night party (rave).

if the tree's in the middle of the stack then all the people moshing will knock your poi out of the tree ubblol

(all you have to do is fetch your lost poi from the stack)

Page: