ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Well, my sister is going to Australia in september and said she would sell me her laptop. Thing is the Backspace key is broken. Aparently it "fell" out of the keyboard, it works, but you have to like press the DIRECT center of the key pretty hard. Does anyone know what cost i'd be looking for to get it replaced/fixed.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
Make/model of the laptop ?

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

278 posts

Posted:
Now theres a tricky question. Erm all I know right now (am at college) is that it's not a great make. It's not at the standards of like Apple or Toshiba. I'll find out the exact make and model later on when I talk to my sister.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
You could always bring it to a spinning meet here, and I could take a look at it. Done some pretty hardcore laptop repairs in the past (suface mount soldering). Might just need something solid putting behind the key, so it doesn't drop through.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

278 posts

Posted:
 Written by: polarity

You could always bring it to a spinning meet here, and I could take a look at it.

Which would be where though? Lol, slightly more travel for laptop repair then i'd usualy feel the need for proberly smile

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Other side of Hereford. Could always find a meet in between.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
[Shift]+[right arrow]&[delete] or

contact and visit manufacturer.

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
try the makers website for spare parts maybe. or make your own from clay or plasticene!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
is the key GONE and you are pressing the lil sensor or is the key there but the little risers (standoffs) are gone from underneath? If its just the key missing thats a simple thing to fix. If something more serious happened like the key is gone AND the sensor is all messed up, then you can always replace the whole keyboard. Keyboard probably cost ya like $80 or so and about 4 hours of labor taking the laptop apart and back together again. Most, not all, laptops have an easy to attach/detach keyboard.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.