Forums > Videos > Sphercular Vision Taster

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
This year's already looking supa sweet for spinning vid's (possibly the best year ever!) and here's another one which is gonna be a bit special. Matt's been slaving away in NZ for the last 6 months editing the Spherculism DVD together an I've been itching to get me hands on it ever since i first saw some of the raw footage! It's got some of the slickest and loveliest spinners I've met in it, a lush sound track, some really creative visuals, spinning from Brighton, Bristol Juggling Convention, UberOz and Uberpoi, a mess up's section and some cool spinning based VJ. Since I've seen a few of the completed sections I'm literaly drrooooling over it... tongue

Anyway here's a (very) short taster Matt's put up on Spherculism. Check out the videos section of the forum for more info...

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/index.html
~ flash movie at 200% size

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/index_mov.html
~ embeded movie file

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/sphercular_vision.swf
~ actual flash file

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/sphercular_vision.mov
~ actual movie file

Enjoy!

biggrin ubblove grouphug

p.s. If you haven't seen it already check this out too...

Moments of Truth wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Just wondering has anyone received their copy through the post yet? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Yep, a few poiple have got their copies, very exciting it is too.

I've started a thread over in poi moves for a discussion about it. That thread is more for people who've seen it and want to ask specific questions. This ones more about the trailer.

Who knows, i've probably just confused matters.

Have you ordered a copy?

You should, it's good smile

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
I got mine (it probably came while I was away)....guess I know what I'll be doing on my lunch break...and on a big screen too biggrin

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
just got mine, ill get my dad to pick it up for me tommorow. cant wait to see it

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
great news, in the finishing stages of the project i was fortunate to move in with a guy who ha a home cinema, huge screen, awesome audio. Was a treat to watch it like that. Lets you see all the little details.

Oh yeah, the audio on the dvd is real nicely done, it will boost up to 5.1 surround if you have the facilities wink

m

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheWibbler

Troy ??? arsn
uberOz

Troy Howden biggrin arsn.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that valura, but you're a wee bit late smile

I'll probably do an updated version at some point.

matt

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I knew I was *giggles* biggrin ah well... cannay wait to see the dvd goodness! I have heard wonderful things about it!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Wel if you's is coming to common ground you can see it there i reckon smile
m

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Nice one Matt

Just ordered a copy...

Love is the law.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha after i left that post i arrived home to find it waiting for me, still havent had a chance to watch the whole thing yet but you officially made me late for work this morning! hehe xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Vix how long did yours take to arrive? I ordered the Spherc DVD and Scales of Poi the other day, just want to make sure I don't miss them when they arrive!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheWibbler

Or a group of my favourite spinners could all fly to a paradise location for a month, film and edit the whole thing and release it......

matt

I believe our mate Meenik is plotting a PlayPoi camp in northern Thailand this February... wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
ooOOOoo, i spoke to nick about it a while back but didn't know there was any big plans yet.

If i ever get round to doing this sort of thing my first move will be to employ you gabe smile

Tis my birthday in february, maybe alittle trip is in order....

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I think it got to me in less than a week. xxx

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
OOOH
I finally got to broadband hug ubblove and had a look at the trailer and stuff... Chapter 8: UberOz footage.. is that filmed in my backyard at the partay ?? YAY!! I was wondering what happened to that footage ( der, I suppose I could have put two and two together...) Did you get the phantom fairylights from the pool reflections???

And can you bring copies to Common Ground os I can get one?? ( as if you wouldn't wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Heehee, will definitely be bringing copis to common ground festy... Also heard rumours of a projector so we'll be able to have a wee launch party as well smile Might also be bringing laptop and extra footage so i can do some VJing etc. Should be sweet as.

Can't wait to catch up with you gabe, and hear about all your euro adventuring.

m

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Yipeee

Its great matt

I especially love the uber oz section

Thanks dude, really nice work...

smile

Love is the law.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Matt, I don't know which country you're in at the moment, but If i don't get a copy soom, I might have to come over there and kick you butt.
Watch the DVD, then kick your butt.
Smiles
Drew biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
seeing as matt was gonna give me a copy anyway i was gonna try and wait but now i'm back from holidays and festivals i can't put it off anymore and i've ordered a copy as well... biggrin

bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
hey everyone, sorry about the delay, i have been getting some well earned rest. The plan was to get 1000 made in uk by now, but i've been slack. I've gotta figure out whos making them. It's tricky to figure out because i need them in a few different countries and it costs a lot to send them about the place. However, i'll be sending a few over to uk very soon, and anyone in the uberoz vid that's at Common Ground will get theirs then smile

ado-p: glad you dig it smile

Drew: I'm in melbourne again for a while, feel free to come and collect your copy.

m

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
What a DVD man, from the time i first opened the envelope and the graphics work hit me in the face, exellent quality and cracking layout,,then when i slid the dvd into the player i sat back in awe for the entire length of it,,

everyones skills in this vid stand out a mile, from the poi to the diablos and beyond, truly inspirational, (its also got me back into diablos Wink ) ,, fave track of the whole vid is probly, The Death Of Reality,, dont get me wrong they are all great,, but this one i really enjoy,, ive had time now to sit back and watch it at least a 100 times allready and i still aint bored of it,, the music ROCKS,, the spinning / playing ROCKS,, i just cannot commend you enough on a job well done man,,

keep it up,,and i wanna be in the next one rite ! lol.. Razz

peace out

Mike

Page: