Forums > Videos > Sphercular Vision Taster

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
This year's already looking supa sweet for spinning vid's (possibly the best year ever!) and here's another one which is gonna be a bit special. Matt's been slaving away in NZ for the last 6 months editing the Spherculism DVD together an I've been itching to get me hands on it ever since i first saw some of the raw footage! It's got some of the slickest and loveliest spinners I've met in it, a lush sound track, some really creative visuals, spinning from Brighton, Bristol Juggling Convention, UberOz and Uberpoi, a mess up's section and some cool spinning based VJ. Since I've seen a few of the completed sections I'm literaly drrooooling over it... tongue

Anyway here's a (very) short taster Matt's put up on Spherculism. Check out the videos section of the forum for more info...

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/index.html
~ flash movie at 200% size

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/index_mov.html
~ embeded movie file

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/sphercular_vision.swf
~ actual flash file

https://www.spherculism.net/dvd/sphercular_vision.mov
~ actual movie file

Enjoy!

biggrin ubblove grouphug

p.s. If you haven't seen it already check this out too...

Moments of Truth wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
looks good - whens it being released?

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Sweeeeeettttt!!!!!

Well done Matt biggrin

hug

Getting to the other side smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pyrolific

looks good - whens it being released?

website says "mid 2006".

but its a juggling video so add 6-18 months wink

video looks lush - massively looking forward to buying and watching the finished article hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
cool biggrin
looking forward to it

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
That looks awesome...

So many of my friends in it too!!

Gonna be a must-buy... ALong with In Isolation, and maybe even an uber DVD...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
And Play biggrin

dawn2duskBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
sbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvv *___* wow

***Feelings are anarchist - I feel - I am an anarchist***

Dave_Bnewbie
8 posts

Posted:
Astonishing

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
wicked!

another reason to be jelous i didnt go to uberpoi wink

nice on matt, look forward to it.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Sweetsquawnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
soooo coooool!!!!
ubbloco

waiting for the DVD!!!
peace
§g*

sunny...Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them... heart

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
I'm in love with Matt's wibbles!!!
Nice stuff!!!
Waiting for the vid!!!

Acciaio devil

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Looks great, and I agree with Matt's wibbles being awesome

Well done, Im looking forward to the release.

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone, i'm now back in christchurch and have a phatty web connection again, yay. So i can do fun things like, get back in touch with my server, host videos, email everyone i haven't spoken to and download lots of cool stuff.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. This certainly will be a very special release. The dvd has taken me 6 months to film and 6 months to compile. I quit my job, gave up my flat, my girlfriend and my life in brighton, worked like a corporate wh**e and partied lots along the way. Essentially i've invested a year of my life and 6 months worth of [not being paid] into making an absolutely badass video for you all to enjoy. I'm not sure i will ever be in a position to do this again so it may end up as a very unique 'one off'. Unique because of my background in graphic design and video, the blessing of having so many talented friends and the luxury of not having to work for 6 months.

But i need to get this thing finished real soon, so hopefully colemans estimate is a bit much. 40 minutes is complete. Thats 6 short films finished of between 4 and 8 minutes each. Then there's a brighton fire video and the muck ups "falafel" video inspired by and dedicated to UCOF that are mostly done. Then the uberOz video to finish, which is possibly gonna have the most badass track especially made by a certain pair of brisbane locals..... wink But i don't wanna jinx it.

I was thinking about doing a video wikipoidia on the dvd cos i have clips of most terms but now i'm not sure, any thoughts???

I must admit i was a bit surprised to find this thread on hop (sorry malcolm). you're not supposed to advertise in this forum. But i'll be taking a version to see malcolm soon and i think he'll like it.

Also there is 1 draft copy floating back home with my mate oli (contact staff) so if you're around that area duballstar i'm sure we could arrange a private viewing wink

SO it looks like there won't be much actual teaching in it but personally i learn by viewing something over and over again. Plus there's the whole site dedicated to teaching you everything in the dvd so you can just ask.

Glass, i sent you an email a while ago about the dvd, i'll dig it out and pm you since i think i sent it to a dead address.

I just got back from confest in Aus where we had the world preview of the dvd projected up at the concert stage. Lots of great feedback so i'm gonna go with the VJ plan we talked about.

All very exciting. Funny that after years of hardly any videos like this we get a load all at once. Like london buses. On one hand it could flood the market, ie people only buy 1 out of them all, but on the other hand it could create a whole new, well established market where shops can have a whole shelf of cool twirling dvds. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyhoo, glad you all enjoyed the trailer (it was so rushed compared to the rest of the dvd, so you're in for a treat) So much awesome poi; loads of wibbling, tangles and inversions. Loads of dancing, plenty of staff, contact and throwing. Some diabolo, some devilstick, some other treats. Half fire, half daytime. It's a really good mix and i'm very happy with it, which is surprising since i'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Laters,

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Woo hoo!!!!!

bounce

Well done Matt... nice work... really looking forward to seeing it hug

Hope you're having a fabulous time in Aotearoa and Oz...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i hope my 'estimate' is way off too smile hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Matt, loved the preview,!!!!!!!

and hope to see a wikipoidia on the DVD!
Sounds wonderful, great work!

kiss

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheWibbler

I must admit i was a bit surprised to find this thread on hop (sorry malcolm). you're not supposed to advertise in this forum. But i'll be taking a version to see malcolm soon and i think he'll like it.

advertising? i just put up another free video available for download.. i don't seem to remember saying anything about buying stuff.... ubbangel

sorry if i wasn't supposed to say anything redface but the very nature of excitement about things on the internet is that it spreads itself... i just thought people would be interested here as much as anywhere else... and you did make the trailer to be seen didn't you? smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
No worries chris,

yeah i've still not decied whether they'll be a video wiki poidia on the dvd or not, i may just stick that online once the dvd is out.

Here's some of the people that are definitely in the video:

Tourn Yourself Around:
Oli From Brighton
Raf
Me

Rays from the sun:
Oli (the hyperlooping one)
Idam
Laura (elasta)
Ros (fluffynapalmfairy)
Meg (mcp)

Bristol Fire
Rob (Phirenix)
Kev (devkev)
Olive
Laura (elasta)
Meg (mcp)
Raf
Garthy

Essence
Jon
Chris (duballstar)
Me

The Big Trip
Oli
Me
Olive

Uberpoi
Rob Bluecat
Ronan
Eimhin
Molly
NYC
Olive
Garthy

It's looking pretty slick so far bad with the current influx of dvd's i'll have to wait till it's super sweet to release it.

So there's those vids and a few others. But what do you all want me to fill the rest with?

I could stick a video poidia on it but the dvd is aimed at all twirlers, not just poi spinners. But i like the idea of having a little tutorial to demonstrate what the words mean, so we can all communicate our ideas beter. I could do some tuition on it, but it would be out dated so quickly with the new stuff that's coming in. I could stick on loads of eye candy. Just go to town with the visuals and permit people to use it 2 project at parties.

Some input is needed at the moment and i'm open to suggestion.

Take it easy,

matt

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hooray! that's a whole lotta travel!!
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
visuals visuals.... the moves might date or cause disagreement but the video could also be the place to set the record straight and i reckon even the original sphercular tutorials would still be totally relevant now. how about putting them on somewhere? or have you got something better planned? smile

juusanSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
these links are dead now... anyone know where they've moved to?

..·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

These are the roots of rhythm
And the roots of rhythm remain

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, i never uploaded them again, oops.

Ah well, you gotta be quick when there's sick movies about wink

I'll get them back up soon, got way too much to think about right now, but there's a copy up on google video

enjoy,

matt

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, it's totally nearly finished, like really really nearly finished this time. And since i last said it was nearly finished i've doubled the length of it, so it's now 95 mins long, 20 tracks. Totally badass, lots of players, lots of toys, lots of variation. You'll love it.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

you sound like me Matt - its finished!

like nearly, like ive just changed a sh1t load, but its finished!

ubblol

Good work dude - like really, i know just how much of an arse creating such a thing can be.

Whilst talking awesome footage - i have the best stufff ive ever ever shot from PLAY 2006, with some of the most talented people. Should easily be able to better the first PLAY DVD, and maybe even come close to the good things ive been hearing about this.

Top work dude, the world should be filled with more enthusiasts like you !! bounce

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i tried registering to spherculism but the activation email sends me to and error page. i tried a different email address and the same problem. any help?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Hi sagetree- Spherculism is in a bit of a limbo state at the moment- I'll let you know when everything is running ok smile Thanks for posting here, its good to know smile

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hey sagetree, it's all up in the air at the moment. Sorry bout that.

But just think how good it will be when i've got time to spend on it again.

I thin i know why it's doing that. If i could fix my damn home network and get my laptop online again i could fix it, doh. Hmm, will try to sort it out today, but you know how it is.

Strugz: Totally looking forward to the play dvd, and the 2nd one. Although i'm amazed you can even think of making a second one right now.. That is crazy talk.

But if there's anything i can do to help then pm me or something. I've learnt so much about making dvd's this year i'm sure i could help some way. Also you should find my dvd pretty inspirational for editing ideas etc.

Oh yeah, i went and met malcolm yesterday. He's the nicest bloke, we got on really well.

We sat down at his house and watched the whole dvd on a sweet tv and stereo set up. It was a treat to watch. Got to meet little jesse too, he's a very cool little kid.

Malcolm loved the dvd and i'm definitely going to be selling dvd's thru hop smile

I'm totally stoked that he liked it so much. Feels like all my hard work and dedication has payed off.

You can see the trailer >>> here <<<

I'd better get some work done, but i promise the wait is very nearly over, keep your fingers crossed that my move back to melbourne goes smoothly and the dvd could be available in a few weeks.

The Goal is to have the dvd on sale by 25th July, that's new years eve where i come from wink and the perfect day to release the dvd. It's also a totally realistic goal.

Gotta go,

Big Love,

matt

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
stunning mate congrats i know its gunna be big already cant wait for it mate any conformation on the lanch date????

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Well, that's when it should be released,

17 out of 20 tracks are 100% done, 3 tracks are 80% done.

Credits need work

Cover is 85% done

Been working on the website today and yesterday, bit of a break, plus i'll have no interweb soon so best to get it sorted now.

The new site is looking so pimp by the way

m

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Well my pc died on the way back from nz to oz. But i've just got another external case for my second hard drive so i can continue working on the dvd. Pc is in the shop getting fixed, hopefully. Laptop still going strong.

I've taken my first order from hop and i'm still aiming at 25th July as the release date.

Been finishing off the cover and disc graphics and they are gonna blow you away. Hardest bit is making text that doesn't sound too w@nky...

Anyhoo, nearly there.

Big Love,

matt

ps can anyone get hold of Julian the crazy french diabolist? There is a tiny clip of him at bristol JC firenight. I need to ask his permission to use it. Everyone in the dvd will get a copy from me as soon as i can get them out.

Page: