nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone here is planning on going to Sonar in June. I'll be going for the first time and i hear the music is always very good there.

I would like to know if any of the local barcelona spinners are doing something with fire in a park, on the beach, at a show, etc.

https://www.sonar.es/2006/eng/s2006.cfm

nomad

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I had a great time at Sonar when I went, but probably won't be there this year. If I am I'll let you know. Barcelona is a great city to be in and most of my fun during Sonar happened outside of the event!

Sundays seems to be the day for hanging out in the park drumming and spinning in the sun. Can't remember the name of the park, but I think it's the one with the zoo in. Maybe begins with a 'C'? You'd have to look at a map or do a search to see if I've mentioned it before!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
sounds great, and i would love to visit sonar one year, unfortunatly, i don't think this is the year frown

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
The name is Parc de la ciudadela, and the underground station is Arc the Triomph.
There is a squat alled La Makabra, in Ateneu de Nou Barris (that I really don't know where it is) with open workshops in tuesday and wednesdays 20.00 to 21.45.
There is also an asotiation named In Extremis, on Wednesdays after 18.00 at the North Campus Hall(is from the university so don't know if they'll be in June.
Anyway if u need more info or u go to any other city in spain and you want to know where the people gets 2gether to spin here is a link( in spanish) sorry: www.cariocas.tk/, encontrar malabaristas, u even have a map of the parc in Barcelona and more info.
Have fun.

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Cool, thanks maiuki. Still no one else going?

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
I might be going; and if I do it would be nice to arrange a meetup... smile oh and if anyone knows anywhere good to stay... or can spare some sofa/floorspace?....

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
I might take the van over! It's my birthday on June 15 as well. Ace.

Jake the Juggler

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I am not going.

But I miss Nomad.

Does that count for something? hug

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yep, it's the thought that counts. And forks if you're in a resturant that gives you chopsticks.

I'm now going to be in Barcelona for the Sonar weekend, but not at Sonar if you get my meaning. Can't afford it and I know that so much cool stuff happens in the clubs and bar in Barcelona around Sonar time that it's worth going to hang out in the city for the weekend. Plus it's better to recover from Peruvian jet lag in Barcelona than UK surburbia!

Sunbeam, Jannike and I would love to see you there if you're going. I don't know about places to stay as we're sofa surfing ourselves. And everyone else, we should have a little get together sometime Friday evening for a few drinks?

Hopefully see you all in Barcelona!

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
NYC, miss you too man, been too long. Congrats by the way!

Dom, would be cool to hang out. I'm also staying on someone's couch, friend of a friend, don't know where exactly. I don't know how much sonar stuff i'll be going too myself, but in any case we gotta meet up.