Forums > Social Chat > 18-20yo Uni students.... check in, plz!

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Hey, so here's the detail. I kniw a few of you (FNF, Paddy, Flynt) but am looking around to see who wants to be part of this.... Class assignment, basically, you tell me about what it's like to be a uni student where you are and i make silly statements like, "wow, trains go faster than cars in ur country?" Usually the stuff that's interetsing and useful will be something mundane and boring you say that makes no sense to me as an uncultured american....
Anyhow, anyone who is willing to help me, plz drop me a line here or by pm!

Peace & Love, Kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
I'll be happy to help out though I'm not a student just now, but I was last year and will be going back towards the end of this year. Let me know!

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Hey...
I'm a 21 year old Uni student - I'm about to start my final year...
Do I count?
Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
I'm 20 and at Swinburne TAFE, does that count?
It's a Uni as well.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Yay! you guys all count! I'm just a happy little kyri. I don't have the list of stuff i'm supposed to find out in addition to whatever i want to yet, but i will soon i'm going to get back to all of you who want to take part in this happy little project soon, prolly by pm, but yay this is fun what are you all majoring in, btw?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

264 posts

Posted:
Hey Kyri...!
I actually have enough credits for a double major and a double minor after originally starting an arts degree then changing and taking all of the credit with me from Arts.
I am now in a double degree of B.Arts/B.Teaching.
My majors are Aboriginal Studies (Indigenous Australians) and History (mainly American and Australian. My minors are Music and Art...
When I graduate I will be able to be a high school teacher in Aboriginal studies, music, art, English or History, a government worker with ATSIC (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission) or anything to do with youth work and Aboriginal kids....
I've lived in a residential college for my whole degree and I travel home each holidays - I've been offered an exchange to WSU in the states as an RA starting this july, so I may be taking that too....
Hope I can be of some use to you....
RACH

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
I'm 19 and go to College in Colorado, is that ok??
or do I have to live somewhere where they call college "Uni"

-- Jon I.

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
sorry darling, you have to live in another country from me. and california is not it's own country, contray to popular belief

as to everyone else, i should have all my details worked out by thursday!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I am studying but not in UNI... I know quite a bit about short courses in different fields and a lot in relation like housing... etc...

19 dunno if i can help...
in england currently (sheff) moving to oz later this yr and will be doping something there too...

love and hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I'm in university in Canada. I'd be glad to partake in this study/questionnaire.

Om Namah Sivaya

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Sister Kyrian my little love, one should already be aware that I am a student, of the acting profession nonetheless, and I live and study in bonnie scotland. oe is me. Does anyone care that it is 6 degrees below at the moment here?? No, only me and Mineiro.....chapped, look at our chapped skin!!!!! anyone have any spare vaseline???

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Okay, here’s the assignment. Basically, I want you to write a story in two pages or less describing a typical day at your school. You can choose to do it in this year you are in, or what a typical day entailed your first year. Be sure to include social aspects.

If you can, email me some pictures, or direct me to where they are in the web, of yourself and your friends and/or your school. This part is optional. Video files are cool too, if they are relevant.

Also: Answer the following questions.

1. What types of housing are typically available on campus at your uni? What are they like, what are they called?
2. What is the name of the person(s) who oversee these residences? What are they responsible for?
3. What kind of health care do you get?
4. How much does uni cost for you per year? What factors does this cost depend on?
5. What kinds of transportation get you and other people to and from uni? How much do they cost?
6. What are common athletic pastimes at your uni?
7. What are important sports played between the other uni’s?
8. What are the favourite social pastimes at your uni? Is this typical?
9. How many classes does an average student take? What types of classes are required for graduation?
10. How many students are in different types of classes?

Thanks Soooooo Much!!!!!

you can email me stuff at sbischof@cats.ucsc.edu

if for some reason that doens't work, pm me or post here.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I care about you dibs and mineiro. I swear, i know to many people at/from edinburgh though.

Btw, if you guys could get me stuff by saturday, i'd love ya. !! !!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
You are going to love this. Typical answer will be n/a. A lot of uni students, at least in Sydney, do not live on Campus.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Yeah, actually i am going to love this. It's really cool

Hehehe, the things you take for granted.....

*shakes head*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

264 posts

Posted:
hey Kyrian.....!
Got the questions this morning....Thought they may have been here a while cause I've been away for a week, but nope I got them same day you posted them....
Am in the process of writing it all up now - keep getting interuppted by various daily distractions though! hehe
Will have it finished tonight or tomorrow and I will send you a message on here or a pm when I'm all done....
If it's not what you want, just msg me back and I can change it - Plus, I have a bunch of buddies that could do it for you too if you need more people...
Adios for now!
Rach

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I have an interesting "Uni" experience for you, it might give you another perspecitve.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone! This is the first time I've logged in in over three weeks. I got back from break and things just went nuts...I am involved in way too many extracurriculars. One thing I had on my plate was prepping for my first performance (see my album)!

Sorry to get off topic...I just thought I'd explain my absence in here as it has been primarily caused by skool...

Kyri, I will PM you the answers to your questions by Saturday, is that okay hun?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Beautiful, Paddy! I will love it. Have been missing hearing fmr you.....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Rach, beautiful! I await ur answeres eagerly, and i would love to have some answers from friends too!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey love, check your PMs

(btw - in this one instance I was calling Kyri "love" and not someone else )

[ 29. January 2003, 18:23: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Drink lot's
Drink lot's
Drink lot's
And for the neard's Party lot's

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

264 posts

Posted:
Hey Kyrian....
I've finished! Sorry it took me sooo long!
I've emailed it to you, email be back if there's a prob....
I'm not heading back to Uni until next friday - so give me a buzz if you need more people....
Rach

Hope it's what you need!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yay everyone! these are awesoe, and way too much fun! I especiialy love rach's "r.a. duty night" stories, which are often entertaining. It's different there, since drinking is legal....

rach, if you know one or two more people who might be able to give me stuff, by saturday or so (I have extension, yay ) then that'd be cool.

in any event, this is too much fun! I'll let you guys know how the final project turns out...

kyri

p.s... sorry i took so long to reply. saturday involved a five hour or so trip to e.r. with my sweetie after work, and sunday involved....yeah... anyway.... i'm trying desperatly to catch up w/life...

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

264 posts

Posted:
Hey Kyri....
Glad it was of some amusement to you....
I will see what I can do about getting some others to do it - if they can do it before sunday with enough time I'm sure I can find someone...
I''m heading back to college this morning and we're leaving on sunday morning for our R.A 'bonding' camp where we all go bush for a week and learn to love each other for who we are etc etc etc!
Talk to you later!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
wonderful! i'm putting all the stuff together right now (i seem to like posters). if anyone can hand in stuff before sunday, atht's great. At that point i'm just gonna go withy what i have and have fun.

p.s.... people are making fun of me for all my "overseas friends"

but i don't care

you guys are my friends, and it's all yay

K.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah