TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Anyone have any quick home remedies for the shakes? I got them really bad at the moment, kinda struggling to type!
Thanks hug

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ciggerette?
Cup of coffee?
Sleep?
a *cough cough* devil

A few deep breasts..erm. breaths. redface

shrug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
It depends on the cause of the shaking.

If it is stress try closing your eyes and taking some long slow deep breaths using your diaphragm and not your ribcage to breath. Feel the air go in through your nose and slowly out again. Think of sunny days and gentle breezes as you do it. Stop your mind straying to worries by concentrating on the grass in the sunshine or a river rolling by in the distance, listen to the sound it makes and keep slowly breathing in and out through your nose. Stay with the calm sounds and imagine you are swimming across the river feeling the cool water refresh you....

You're getting the picture by now. Keep this going for 10-15 mins or as long as you can. It should calm you down and the shaking should become less and less.

I hope that helps.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Dr Jo recommends a good cuppa tea, a nice big bar of choccy, preferably a herbal cigarette and some chilled out tunes. smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
A shot of tequila... works for me

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Generally the shakes are caused by an increase in the heart rate (or so I was told by my doctor hence the reason why a lot of asthmatics shake after taking medication as it increases the heart rate and the blood flowing through the body)...so deep breaths through the diaphragm as already told should help a little.

A little meditation, deep breathing and thinking about your heart pumping a little slower should help a little...if not sleep is the best option as your heart rate naturally slows when you are sleeping.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Hey there, you realize that the twitchy eyelid and tendency for shakes are probably related? Maybe you should see a doctor or a herbalist for some recomendations of nutritional support for stress, and to rule out anything more serious!
good luck, hope you are feeling better!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Nah - the shaky hands was because I was upset lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible