SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm starting up a clothes/bags/other bits label and I need a Logo. I've been playing about with some today and I need a bit of feed back on them before I go any futher. The Logo needs to work as sew on and sticky printed lables as well as letter heads etc. If you have a spare few mins I have posted 4 logos in my Gallery

Logo 1
Logo 2
Logo 3
Logo 4

Constructive criticism is welcome.
Thank you.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
I personally like 4...(i know i voted for 2 but it was the other way round a minute ago i'm sure!!)

Not only would it look good printed on most colours but it kind of already looks like a label without you having to do anything else to it.

The others woul need tweaking for a print process, and would be harder to transfer onto silk screen aswell.

As for the colouring, i personally really like the colour sequence in number 4,its bold enough to stand out without being too harsh, whereas i think the pink is perhaps a little too brash.

Also thinking of target market,although a lot of guys will happily wear pink these days it does have a slightly more girly feel to it,whereas i think the red is more unisex.

Hope thats of some help/interest to you and apologies for rambling slightly!!

x
EDITED_BY: maus (1144417758)

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I like logo 2 as well.

Brash pink smile yay!

I thought the white outlining in logo 3 and 4 made it a bit harder to read.

Would the pink always be on a black background? If not I'm not sure if it would look so good against white... the purple of 1 might do better there.

*hopes she hasn't muddled the numbering wink *

EDIT: pants I meant I liked logo 1. now I've gone and voted for the wrong one frown
EDITED_BY: Molly (1144415302)

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Molly

EDIT: pants I meant I liked logo 1. now I've gone and voted for the wrong one frown

Yup me too...i wanted 4 and accidently voted for 2.... mad

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Why must numbers confuse me so? mad
:rant:

*shakes fist*

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Lol.. if it would let me edit it I would put colours in... silly me. Sorry about that biggrin

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
LOL

I like logo 2, purple is my fav colour but it also wont alianate the male audiance where the pink might do.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i liked logo 4 bestest biggrin

not too keen on the pink and the purple is a little too dark of a colour to be seen at distances

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
OK now i feel odd for liking and voting for 2 lol

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
What kind of clothes/bags/other bits are we talking about here? will they be rockish, or hippyish, or what?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Boo it will be my creatures on t-shirts, recycled fabric bags...so one offs of various fabric (bit hippy-ish I guess) and the other bits are yet to be revealed.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I like logo 2.

What about logo 2 font with the red colour from logo 4?

Actually no, I take that back. I love the purple best biggrin

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Im purple too

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I like the pink ones as it represents "Skulduggery" better. However i'd like to see other colours. Maybe round 2 is calling?

Gayle.....!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Three. I'm a sucker for pink.

biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
THREE , the funk factor of three is unbelievable, theyre all very nice tho. but 3 is the nicieyest

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Purple definitely. And make it slightly furry too. wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
the purple one!! Go Purple! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh there's a thread to those pics... I was just wandering through the gallery and saw them.

Gnor had the best point though... who cares which ones we LIKE best, what's your market?

Also, what will they be made on? Logos 1 and 2 are a bit sketchier so if it was on fabric it'd be even more sketchy whereas 3 and 4 have more clear boundaries.

I like 3 and 4 because the boundaries are clear and to me that made it look more professional but it depends on what you're putting it on.

hug either way. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Numero uno. The design is simpler than on 3 and 4 and, as such, easier to read. The pink is great because it stands out loads. I found the purple blends into the background more and isn't quite so punchy.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i liked 1 and 2, i dont see why you have to limit the logo to being in one colour though? or even why you need to have just one logo, use them both... they are both cool smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i thought exactly what oli said.

then i read what oli said and thought "that's what i thought".

i would personally have logo 1/2, in black (background) and white as the standard label and vary the colours as appropriate for logos/labels/stickers as you go along.

much more versatile if you don't restrict your logo to just the one colour scheme but rather just to a contrasting dark/light theme smile

good luck hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BlayzeSILVER Member
Doesn't play well with others...
187 posts

Posted:
ditto
Although if I had to pick...I'd pick #1.

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I 1& 3.

But like oli said, why limit yourself to 1 label?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Skully, you know what would be great, the purple one, but in Rainbow biggrin (yeah, predictable arent I) biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I don't think that you should limit yourself to just one logo but I disagree with everyone above who suggested exactly that.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Of the four provided, I'd go with #4. And I agree with NYC. One logo is best. If your have 2, 3 or more, your logo becomes unrecognizable to everyone. If 10 people each see a different logo, it's not doing it's job. Pick one and stay with it. While I like the pink and purple, they are not psychologically attractive as red is. For logos, always try to go with a primary color (Red Green or Blue).

Pros:
- The white outline and the contrasting red will make it easily readable / visible on almost any other background color.
- The design of the letters unique, it stands out.
- I like the artistic flourishes in the letters, the stitchwork, etc. It's a nice touch.

Cons:
- The G's are kinda hard to make out. Can they be capitalized?
- It's a horizontally orientated design, which will make it harder to fit on certain items. I know it's a long name, but you might consider wrapping the text in a circle...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I like logos 1 & 2. I'm thinking though, that once you establish the layout & font, they could be done in different colors, depending on the item that you're labelling. Maybe always on a black background. Something like pink for shirts and purple for pants and green for bags and blue for other bits...?

I get that you don't want more than one logo; as far as establishing brand identity that would indeed be confusing. But the same format and font in different colors would add some nice variation, I think.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thank you all for your feed back. I put the red/black logo in as a bit of a test. Red/black has been used many times before and people are familiar with it and are drawn to it. Maybe that's a good thing.

I was planning on finding a font I liked and getting it made in a few bright colours on black. Maybe even UV reactive. The way I want to use the labels means they will be visible so I need to be able to make sure that they end up complementing the colours of the item they are stitched to. As I'm planning on mainly using recycled fabrics, there will be a variation of colours depending on the fabrics I can get. Hence I will need a variety of colours for the labels.

I'll do another poll, if people don't mind, when I've made a few more that I like. Maybe take a grand vote on it ubblol

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
opps, I also voted for the wrong one, I like the red one too. They look good, any pics of what they're going on?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson