Forums > Social Chat > new TooL album released next month!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
biggrin bounce2 biggrin

10000 days

Non-Https Image Link

released on 1st may 2006.

i can't bloody wait - seems like much more than 10000 days since they released lateralus wink

mr carrey the drummer said this about the new album:

"We have the most retarded President we've ever had, and we're frustrated and that's the reason it's a little heavier this time. That level of frustration back like when we first got the band together: we were products of that f*cking Reagan thing, we were pissed off and bummed out, we had that angst, and now it's coming forth again: like it or not, we're products of our environment. We're pissed off again."

ubblove

cole. x

p.s. i have tickets to the gig too tongue

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
good to see another tool fan on the roster but please [Old link] (or just just change your fookin spelling wink) hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hangfireSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
bad mouth. bad mouth.

"worry is the creative visualisation of an undesireable future"
now is all that exists.

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Woot Woot

TooL discover break beats and more tabla all in one album smile

And they sing about monkeys!!

And there's and English doctor on it!!!!

Ummm, and, and like IT'S REALLY REALLY GOOD.

When I make CD compilations for people, there's gonna be at least one song of this album on it for at least the next as-long-as-it-is-until-they-release-another-album biggrin

Mr Walker, I could nee get the album stuff of ur lovely website, so could you tell me if it's Danny or his teacher playin tabla?

I wanna see TooL again. Double whammy spectaKular is indeed surely on the way wink

That would be kool

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
jonny-jonny-o hug

happy days indeed biggrin

this album really is really, really good.

i reckon the doctor might be an aussie but it is debatable...

unfortunately there are no album credits in the cd liner - just 3d a alex grey extravaganza meditate

i reckon its danny playing the tabla though - his teacher is better than that, no?

how good does his spiffy electronic drum kit sound on the album?! ubblove

cole. x

p.s. found out it debuted at #1 in the album charts is the us and oz and at #4 here in the uk biggrin bounce2

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Blimey, so many TooL fans putting the album up there in the charts

Jolly good.

This album is so good.

I reckon Danny on tabla too. Maybe if I go look at his site, I may just find out...

Prog Rock On!!! umm

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
spank must buy album... stop spending all money on trance... spank must buy toooool...

can't wait to see them in june, i've heard the experience could be anything from highly pretentious to nigh on religious (with no drugs neeeded)...
bounce biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
The pot, the pot, the pot!!! SQUEEEEE

I would just like to say that this album defys any words...I cannay say anything other than grunts of music induced exstacy

ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i have to admit that i started listening to other music again - music that is not on this album...

why?

i found my aenema cd in another cd box at the weekend so i transferred my whole tool collection to my new 'pooter (and hence my ipod) biggrin

i'll be listening to their whole catalogue on shuffle until i hear them in person once again.

ubblove

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:

ubblove ubblove ubblove oh yes its awesome....tool havent been out of my cd player since i got 10,000 days....and tickets!! *bounce2 in anticipation*

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Yup 10000 days was well worth the wait.........My fingers are crossed for a NZ tour at some stage. Cant wait for some more Tool videos to be released also. Tracks Vicarious,10000 days, the pot,
and Rosetta stoned are mind bendingly awesome.
Speaking of the track Rosseta stoned I was told the other day about the Rosetta Stone......Apparently a famous Tablet that was found with three languages inscribbed on it. 1 Greek, 1 Ancient Egyption heiroglyphics, and another...... Which in turn opened the way for the translation of all the messages written in the pyramids, so I was told anyways. How cool is that. ubbrollsmile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i've seen a replica of the rosetta stone (made using a direct casting) in cairo museum smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
I with Cole re the Dr being an Aussie, that accent sounds like it's straight out of "Neighbours" to me smile

As for the stone - it was written in heiroglyphics (priestly blah blah), demotic (common speak) and Greek. Priestly speak went out of use around the 1600 yrs ago so the ability to read it was lost until the stone was discovered by Napoleon's army in 1799 whilst digging about near the town of el-Rashid = Rosetta. (ref:british museum website) - Amazing what you can find out on the net these days

Glad the dude who wrote the Rosetta Stone didn't forget his pen eh? Hang on, it's a stone tablet, what am I talking about? hehe

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
mmmmm... tooool.... meditate ubblove

i still bought lots of trance as well though... spank

an i spent most of sat afternoon bumping into people cos i was too engrossed in the 3d visuals. eek i love the band photos, the stereograph really comes into it's own! biggrin

can't wait for june 13th. it's going to absolutely immense. i had over-hyping things before hand in case i'm dssapointed but in this case i really can't wait... ubbangel

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 biggrin bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2

ubblove

tongue first london gig is tonight tongue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*HEADESK*

I WANT A FULL UPDATE! ubbrollsmile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hey valura wave

and yay for spanner listening to tool! bounce2

only a partial setlist from last night cos my memory sucks:

rosetta stoned

fortysix&two ubblove

vicarious

right in two ubblove

jambi

lateralus

aenema

maynard rocked the party and was looking like a right cockney bitch in his cowboy boots, mohawk and gold sunglasses biggrin

danny completely ripped it and blew me away for the second time in my life - the man is a rhythmic genius.

plus, he played all the tabla parts on his mandala pads which made me go all funny in my belly eek ubblove

the visuals were unbelievable - spiral fire, plenty more fractal gorgeousness, lines and lines and lines and lines and lots of pretty coloured smoke...

but i had to keep shutting my eyes so i missed quite a bit of them meditate

soooooo wish i was going again tonight!

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
lines and lines and lines

Gosh and Darn it I wished I was there.

Right in Two. I wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna see this song live 'cos it's just a bit great.

Apparently hey played sinkfist also, which is always good. Who did you go with Coleman? Was it the Bammers? If so then splendid. I hope she loved it.

Tabla electronic business eh? Sounds slightly dubious, I'm sure it's quite splendid in the flesh though.

Did Maynard announce when they where coming back byany chance (apart from 'tomorrow night')

Splendid you was there Coleman. Keep up the good work

ubblove ubbrollsmile kiss ubbtickled angel2 bounce2 bounce peace clap grouphug heart

meditate meditate

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
*grumble....whinge...moan...pesky..coleman..getting...to ..see...tool...when...i....couldnt...grumble...whinge..moan..*

tongue

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
awww, poor miss maus frown hug

but you get to see mags all the time and that's gotta be almost as good as seeing tool live?

no...? wink

missed you lots jonnny - didn't feel right without ya there frown hug

but you're right, they did play stinkfist!

your memory is better than mine and you weren't even there!

bammy had an interview this morning so couldn't make it last night - i went with tim.

chris dub was there too but he was on the other side of the crowd so we didn't see each other.

now i'm thinking the tabla on the album might be triggered too.

until they publish credits, who can tell? umm

ooh, did you check out my new (well, newish - had it about a week now) signature jonny...? smile

no mention of a return bar a "see you tomorrow night" before the last song frown

but they'll be back soon - i can feel it... smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
they better be, and at a time where ive either got money or by some fluke bump into maynard and he gives me one

Written by: tool

some say we'll see armageddon soon
I certainly hope we will

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

awww, poor miss maus frown hug
but you get to see mags all the time and that's gotta be almost as good as seeing tool live?
no...? wink

hmmmmm....no! wink Love you really Mags! ubblol

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

that was awesome! biggrin bounce

easily the best metal/rock band i have ever seen... by about a million stellar miles... and that's a fact! cool

i was dancing my pants off with keith, kat, em an paul down by the front left speaker.... loadsa space cos most people were too in awe to dance/move much but i had my eyes shut for most of it and couldn't help it! was stuck somewhere between falling forward and being blown away backwards by the sheer power... couldn't her properly again until about lunchtime today though...

on top of those songs i remember sober, shcism, eulogy and possibly parabola or another track off lateralus which i'm confusing it with...

one of the new songs seemed really strange when they started playing it but from danny's quietest full kit drum solo ever onwards it was one of the most hypnotic tunes all night, absolutely spell binding!

meditate

to put it n context. i never but merchandising after gigs anymore. (except for cd's) last night i bought a t-shirt AND a poster which is so big i don't actually have anywhere to put it. eek if any of the band had asked me to give them my life savings i probably would have.

keith got justin's waterbottle he threw but we made him drink it cos he already managed to catch maynard's which he threw at download and is keeping it forever.

i wanna see tool all the time, can't beleive i'd never seen them before... smile ubblove

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OHHHHHH you lucky buggers!!

*hops from left to right foot waiting for aussie tour to be announced* ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Their Aussie tour shall surely be announced when they announce their return to England which will surely coincide with a time that I am in England, or the world is simply unfair.

Also, lovely sig Cole.

Am I alowed to quote TooL lyrics now? can I can I please smile

Oh OK I wil then;

'Monkeys'

You want more? Fine....

'to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human'

Yeah I could do this for days, but this will do for now smile

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
i kno i'm a bit slow to join the party but is anyone still talking about how freakin incredible tool are?

May the wind always be at your back and the sun always upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
They're playing in Wembley on the 27th of November.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
and cardiff on the 30th...

*found discarded copy of NME on the train and is now privy to this kind of information, which in ordinary circumstances i only find out about, AFTER my brother goes...*

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Firetramp

They're playing in Wembley on the 27th of November.

indeed they are - and i have tickets (as do bambam, moohaahaa and sunbeam and a bunch of other clever people)! biggrin ubblove

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
agh not sure if i can get tickets before they sell out.....last time was.......... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH my days, feckin awesome

must go to every tool gig possible or get hit many times on head by self.

ubblove ubblove ubblove

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
****HOWLS OF DISTRESS!!!****

Tool are only playing in Melbourne and Sydney... BUT NOT BRISSIE!

so far for us to go will cost about 600.00....
*HEADDESK*

WTF?!? HONESTLY.... why does the universe mock me so? frown frown frown

Page: