Forums > Social Chat > Tarot cards and bad news

Login/Join to Participate

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'm pretty upset today. I'm in Dublin, my girlfriend's in Oz. She went to get her Tarot cards read and the lady told her that things weren't going to work out with me but that she would get another chance for things to work out with her ex and that is all she ever wanted.

I feel devastated, one of the reasons is that with her being so far away a belief in fate and twin flames is what is making her being away for 6 months bearable and now the very thing I have all my faith in has come back to bite me on the ass.

I think the way this conversation went may have led the reader to say this though cause they had a conversation about her trust in me and the high standards her ex had set and stuff, also she was still seeing her ex when I first met her so trust is a problem for us.

I love this girl like none before and I really believe that I will spend the rest of my life with her but now I feel confused and upset nearly like she's just after dumping me or something.

So my question is, what is a tarot reading. Is it what the person brings into it? Is it an unavoidable future? Is it a possible outcome?

[ 07. January 2003, 05:20: Message edited by: deepsoulsheep ]

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
I've found that most forms of divination simply allow the person asking the question to realize the answer they had inside themselves. The method is generally just a tool, and the person using them, a guide...

karma's a bitch neh?

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Jeepers, the same happened to me just recently!

I don't really believe in long distance relationships. If you don't know any local chicks that are as nice as this girl in Oz, you probably haven't met enough local chicks.

You need to ask your girl this; is what was read from the cards how she feels deep down inside. It could be the tarot reader was drawing her own screwed up issues into it.

The trouble is, women are impressionable creatures and even if that wasn't what was going to happen, the stupid woman has put the idea in her head and now it probably will.

Ok, I'm bitter.

Magnus... pay it forward

bri mCcallmember
34 posts

Posted:
I would have to agree that sometimes My cards and other readers cards will show the secrets of the soul and manifest them in ways so you will pay attention to it. However the storefront tarrot readers are usually just looking for a quick buck and have no clue what they are doing. You either have to have a natural gift to make the cards work or you have to be able to channel the right energy. Most storefront tarrot readers just try to make the costomer feel that something drastic and life changing has happened. Personally I think this woman was yanking your ladie's chain. I'm sorry for your unfortunate encounter with this tarrot reader,but please don't let it get in the way of getting to know real tarrot readers who do accurate readings and don't jerk people around. As for what tarrot is,it is a link to spiritual energy that can tell your past present and future. I personally have the person I'm doing a reading for hold the cards and ask them a question. Then I take the deck and lay them out in front of me in a half moon pattern face down. then I open my palm to the cards and my hand picks up cards different numbers. And it is always accurate. That is tarrot. it is done in different variations for real readers. Unfortunately the origin of tarrot is lost, tarrot is so old now it can not be traced back. Anyway I hope I answered your question with helpful insite. If you have anymore questions I have a forum in the introduction section. Feel free to look me up here if you want to chat about this further.

LOL

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
IMHO tarot cards are all in the interpretation. You can read what you want from it. This may or may not be good news for you.

Now I'm going to tell you a happy story, because I know that long distance relationships DO work (if you have enough commitment). How do I know this? Because mine worked! And not only that but, mine started on the net too! Read on...

About 2 1/2 years ago, in July, I used to chat on IRC a lot, and I got talking to a nice girl one day. Time passed and we got more and more friendly until we were actively trying to be online at the same time (she was from Australia, I'm from UK). I began to feel a lot of love for this girl. I had just left uni and was at a crossroads in life not knowing what to do next, so around August I decided to take a year out and go to Australia. I spent the next 6 months working 50-60+ hours per week doing 2 jobs so I could afford to go. In February 2001 I went.
The idea had been that I would stay with this girl for a couple of weeks till I could find a place of my own (her parents were rightly worried about having a stranger their daughter met on the net staying). AS it turned out there wasn't much work going when I got there so I could only afford to pay minimal rent to her parents and certainly couldn't afford my own place. Which was ok cos I helped around the house and her parents liked me
So I stayed till September 2001 and my girl (her name is Steph) and I were happy together. We decided to live together in the UK, since Steph was born here and had a UK passport. Then I came home and it got tough. Steph was still in Australia and we missed each other a LOT, I couldn't find work as easily as I had before I left and Steph couldn't find work at all. It didn't look like we'd ever get the money for Steph to come over, and this just heightened all other doubts about whether this was such a good idea etc. At the lowest point, Steph called me to tell me it was over. I was beyond despair, but the next day she had gotten over it, and thankfully I managed to keep my head enough to realise the extreme emotions and doubts that a long distance relationship can put into your head, and made up with her. It was fully 6 months since I got back from australia before I got a job.
After I got a job things got better, I saved enough money for steph to come over and over she came in May 2002. Steph got a job, we got a flat and we're still there, and I think I can say we're happy

It's not easy, but sadly good things rarely are. At 2 points in this tale I had to go on anti-depressants, first in autumn 2001 probably due to the strain of working 60+ hours/week, second in autumn 2002 with the emotional stress and despair of being apart. That's where the commitment comes in, because many times it seems easier to give up.

Anyway I hope you can relate to my story, and I hope it works out for you too

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Bri mCcall
However the storefront tarrot readers are usually just looking for a quick buck and have no clue what they are doing.
I must honestly say that I really resent this statement.
I am 22 years old...young for a professinal tarot reader..I happen to be a reader for a store. Never once have I had the monetry value of the reading as a reason as to why I would go to work in the morning.
I read for people for a very clear cut reason. I read to help people find clarity so that they make their own life decisions in a way that helps to bring them peace.
Yes there are charalitians (sp) out there, but to make a sweeping generalisation such as you have Bri, is very unfair.
The querant (person being read for) must feel comfertable with the reader and it is advisable to do a little homework on the reader BEFORE going to your reading, to make sure that they are what the claim to be. Usually a reader who has been recommended is the way to go.
The origins of tarot HAVE NOT been lost...The cards are rumoured to have come from many different sources.. you can read about that here

quote:
originally posted by Bri
You either have to have a natural gift to make the cards work or you have to be able to channel the right energy.
EVERYBODY has a natural gift to read the cards...or the runes...or peoples palms...or their auras...or WHATEVER tool you choose, simply due to the fact that the tarot is a TOOL...no more, no less. What a reader is really working with is energy, that part of your statement is correct. A reader is a person that is ready to be a clear and perfect channel to recieve the highest energy and positive message for the querant. So this ability is not just for 'special people' it is for us all....
Tarot is so many things that it cannot be contained in one statement. I understand that you are putting your veiwpoint across, please understand that I am very passionate about this and I am not attacking you...I am just pointing out somethings that dont sit with my vision of tarot...This is my opinion.
DeepSoulSheep.... I feel that there is an underlying issue here for you at this time and that is a trust issue. (as you said.)
Understand that things have moved on from the past relationship that has now ended, but it IS difficult to feel free in your relationship when you are not together and sensing how each other is feeling...my advise is that you should not let yourself get too stressed out about this, as it HASNT happened...and MAY NOT happen..Then talk to your girlfriend when she comes back...
I am told that your relationship is strong. Take comfort in that my friend.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

bri mCcallmember
34 posts

Posted:
I have to apologise Valura. I was not trying to attack you either. But you do have to admit that some of people who make money off of tarrot aren't accurate. And no some people just can not read tarrot because they will not allow themeselves to channel the energy to be a median for the cards. Forgive me If I worded it wrong in my statement. I was not trying to say that you have to be special to do those sort of things. I wholeheartedly agree with you that anyone can learn how. But only if they set themselves free and let themeselves do so. So many people have the attitude of "It will never work" even people who try to dabble in the arts. This I do not understand but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Again I am really sorry and I hope you do not hate me for my statement. It was very generalized and I did not take into consideration the feelings of real tarrot rteaders who work in shops. I know that all of the readers in shops that I have been to in my area are fake. And I have been to most of them. I admire you for getting out there and doing your job right. It is rare you find reders in shops that care for the people and not the money. Also I know from personal expirience that you can catch a lot of shit for being a tarrot reader because of the bad eggs. This is what has stopped me from persuing it as a profession. Once again I apologize and I hope that we could talk again because I would really like to talk to another reader. As for the origin of tarrot every book that I have read has said it was lost. I look forward to looking into it here. If I cant find it I will find you and ask where it is. Thank you your message was very enlightening. LOL

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Hey Bri...
It was never my intention to make you feel bad sweetie. That is not in my makeup.
quote:
originally posted by Bri
I hope you do not hate me for my statement.
There is not a bone in my body capable of hate hunny. Please do not think I am angry at you...That was never the case. I was just putting my opinion into words.
I would love to talk to you.
P.s just click on the link in my previous post and it will take you to the tarot info...

[ 07. January 2003, 16:40: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

bri mCcallmember
34 posts

Posted:
I did go to that thing on your post I rad some of it then I printed it, and two copies for other people who also thougt it was lost thank you and I lookforward to speaking to you again. thanks.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Bum deal dude.
I do a lot of readings for myself, not to many for others. I feel they can be brutally truthful!
I have two sets an Osho Zen Tarot(wich I love), but not as much as my Animal Cards. The animals come out form the woods, and speek to me now. For instance I saw a cyote a week ago and we sat and stared at eachother for quite some time, now I know the cyote is the sign of tricery. The next day I had to cancle a group of good friends, from Alaska, from visiting B/C I got very sick.
The animal cards are very vauge, lots of room for inturpritation. Not so with the Osho Zen! They are Brutel sometimes!!
I am sorry for your loss, but know, things happen for a reason. Someone of equal or greater importance will come to you in the near future.

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
deepsoulsheep,

cead mille failte in a bright New Year for you and all whom you love!

what you've started to hear already is that the cards can be used in different ways, so what they "are" in your reading can be many things, all perspectives on parts of your truth & dynamics.

what you really seem to be asking is whether they foretell a definite future. NO they don't, because destiny is itself full of variation, chance, and can indeed by changed. fates are major influences working on you from all times, past through future and non-time, and from all directions. they are plural, and are constantly branching & multiplying. no one fate is definite. none is unavoidable, set in no "stone" even from royal Meath. in your words, a reading is a "possible outcome," not an "unavoidable future."

responsible reading approaches typically show many possible outcomes for each major issue during the same reading session, exploring forces at work around you, giving you encouragement, warnings, and options, but leaving it up to you to navigate with the added insight the cards have given you.

perceptive readings are especially useful in revealing fates you're otherwise headed for, like the two possible disappointments with your girlfriend which this one showed you: that she may not love you as deeply as you love her, fierce sympathies, my boyo, or that she may not have the mettle to stick with you from afar despite her feelings for you. apprised of these possible dynamics in play, the cards have now led you to reconsider your situation, your view & sense of her, your own orientation, your future, and what you will do next.

who you are, especially who you choose to be, your willpower, how you affect their influences back, is after all the primary force. in the extreme, miracles are not hidden fates, they are changes in possible destinies. you never have only a single destiny at any time. we just get worried, so our anxiety narrows our vision, can even make us so desperate we think we have only one or two paths. that's mere temporary blindness because of self-concern or concern for someone else.

the love you tell us about for your beloved is the greatest experience of another being. it can do wonders. yet she is also a full-fledged being, with full sensations & drives of her own. for your love to be ultimately satisfied, she must love you back with some similar fullness, or your potentially beautiful obsession is only sadness. this is an anciently told tale in Irish lore.

love is the greatest force among forces which can absolutely change what fate you experience.

for you to love her, certainly she must also be quite a flame, deepsoulsheep. you are already finding that whether you're twin flames is in doubt, and whether the chemistry of your two flames is combining them in common dance and common stance toward the rest of the world.

her ex seems entirely irrelevant in himself. the key relationship is you to her, please don't be distracted even by whatever continuing interest she has in him. you know that in one sense, in this courtship, you are now competing with him, and with the unknown field of other men she could know or meet. yet, if love grows or erupts, it is beyond any competition; to be love, it must already have escaped the mere mortal planning of preferences about qualities you wish your partner had before falling in love.

you say "i love this girl like none before." congratulations on achieving this degree of love, deepsoulsheep, and on giving such a blessing to your beloved.

then you say, "I really believe that I will spend the rest of my life with her," but your doubts show you are not sure, you do not fully believe that now, because "now I feel confused and upset nearly like she's just after dumping me." it's why you're asking for some input from us, just as she asked the cards. if she didn't just go on a whim, she is seeking to explore the same issues as you are now.

go to your beloved as one full of love must. sometimes someone you love will need time away from you to feel themselves out; there i cannot advise you well, as so far in my life, i have been very bad at leaving people that kind of space in love, because i wish for such strong bonding myself. however, overall, at the right time, please go to her, hold back nothing real about your love, being sure you love her and not only being in love, as your passions may be strong in themselves. if your chemistry comes together, you'll have to feel out when the time is right, and whether it's proper to pour your love into her arms when she's partly uncertain she wants to receive it that moment.

long distance pairing is a far more difficult undertaking for a pair to survive & do well, especially a vibrant pair full of energy, hormones, appreciation for many interests. in the old order, Queen Maev had lovers along her road when she went on campaign. her husband Ailil was not entitled to "trust" that she would be monogamous. yet in their case and in their time, they were bonded partners, for their tie was deeper than sex.

see if in your fire, your girl's own flame leaps up, burns brighter, and twines with you the way that's instinctive in a celtic knot of lives entwined as burning vines. . . or not.

my geiss upon you is that you shall brilliance your flame, attracting a true, full twin, flaring into intertwining glory far above all mere psycho-logistical concerns. that so you shall live your fire yourself, and fid its fulfillment with another living flame in its satiety with you.

with deepest love,

my any service i may render to you as filid,

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I've calmed down a bit since the other day. I think the fact we were feeling the strain of being apart meant I was on edge anyway so that when I heard this I lost the plot and kinda heard what I wanted (or didn't want to hear).

From what I gather in my sane frame of mind, the reader spoke of a second chance with him. The fact is she could get back with her ex any time she wanted and the insecurity that comes with being so far appart turned into fear because for the first time the idea that we were meant to be together was being questioned. The fact that I do believe this so strongly is what upset me the most because I couldn't believe (my interpretation) of what she was saying (that I was a gonner and she was gunna run back to him).

I think the "that's all she ever wanted" refers to security because both of us are very passionate emotional people and as a result our relationship is always volatile and full of extremes, but there is something stronger that underlies this, that I can't explain. Her ex was far more reliable and predictable than me and would have married her years ago if she'd have agreed.

I know she loves as much as I her because I would never allow myself to become so vulnerable otherwise.

Wow, FireMike, I can finally understand what you say (tis fun to read once you get the hang of it)

Anywho thanks and love to everyone for caring!! DeepSoulSheep happy again!

Slan!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Deepest respect to you Mike...You hit the nail on the head. Snuggles lil chicken...
Deepsoulsheep... I know you will sort this out...Dont ride the rocking horse of worry...All you do is go back and forth and waste energy into getting...nowhere!
Much love to you.