Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I heard this crazy rumor that Americans (and Canadians) are the only peanut butter lovers in the world.

Is this true? Brits? Aussies? Kiwis? Anyone else? Do you guys like peanut butter?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
why arn't you sleeping?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Peanut Butter Rocks.
As long as it's a good ol' Aussie Brand....

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I love peanut butter!!! nothing like it on toast but a big kick ass glass of milk to wash it down....am I right? YUMO
(but Marmite is top of my list..)
Arsn and I have a marmite/vegemite hybrid marriage I noticed the other day...I wont eat vegemite...He wont touch the delectable delight that is Marmite...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Jif or Skippy brand creamy.

mmmmmm

Raph

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i like either,....
jif or that peter pan type....
or jist the plain H-E-B brand taste awesome...

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, I feel much more confident in the state of the world. *whew!*

-Mike

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I would just like to point out that over here, Jif is a very creamy cleaning liquid for bathrooms & kitchens & stuff. Does it really taste all that great on bread?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I have eaten four kilograms of peanut butter since September.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Rozi, at the risk of starting a peanut butter war, Jif here is a very creamy, disgusting, sweetened, ultra-processed peanut butter with an ingredient list a mile long and with ingredients that even I can't pronounce (polyethyl para-what?).

I do like creamy peanut butter, but when I look at the ingredient list, I want to see this: "Ingredients: peanuts, salt."

I don't care if it's organic or not (I've generally been indifferent to organic food, although I try to buy it if it's not too much more expensive than the regular), but I do like natural, as in no funny chemicals that I can't pronounce.

[ 06. January 2003, 10:38: Message edited by: MikeGinny (Lightning) ]

-Mike

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but organice peanut butter has the cool oil layers...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Kyri, *natural* Pnut buttR (sorry, I think that spelling is hilarious ["nut butt"...yeah, I'm immature ]) separates, whether organic or not.

I prefer to eat Pnut buttR (Ok, I'll stop doing that now) that separates into layers if at all possible. However, the separation is annoying. The solution is to keep the peanut butter in the fridge and then it doesn't separate.

I am having a reasoned discussion with people all over the world about peanut butter.

This is one of those "Warning Signs That You Might Be A Total Loser" isn't it?

-Mike

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
it would be rather lush this year if vegemite is the new peanut butter

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

bri mCcallmember
34 posts

Posted:
I really like peanutbutter as does my son. I rally don't care which brand as long as it tastes good. I would really like to thank you for visiting me at my postup. I hope I'll be hearing from you soon

LOL

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I used to love peanut butter....
..on apples
..on celery
..with jelly/jam
..with fluff (fluffer-nutters, it's just fun to say)
..with bananas
..on a spoon with chocolate sauce

And now...I can't eat it at all. Even the smell turns my stomach, and everyone I know taunts me with it, especially my son, who happens to love peanut butter. Weird how our tastes change as we get older.....*shrug*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
JIF creamy here is my fav. But have any of you tried SOYnut butter. It can be a little more expensive, but Honey Soynut Butter is really yummy. In fact, I keep a jumbo size can of JIF here @ work, so when 3AM rolls around, it's snack time....

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Fluffernutters are my favorite summertime sandwich.

PB and banana is a very good combo too.

I don't care for that organic stuff, I'll stick with the processed peanut butter, just like Mom used to open.

If its good enough for Elvis, then its good enough for me.

Raph

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
in Southern Africa, used to be usually stronger because southern hemisphere subtropical crops usually stronger flavored, and less processed, both crunchy and smooth were popular though smooth usually thick & could separate as a more natural product.

a single fingerscoop from a friend's jar, night after this New Year's Day, in an underground tunnel to cap off a way surprisingly good chilly meal of 3 cans of Marie Calendar's pie fillings (1 chicken, 2 beef pot pie), and a thrashing fire session, was just incredible.

spattered and flame-wrung, wishing all my family a year as amazingly good as that sticky-fingered night,

~ Míkíe

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I resurrected this thread for ye monserat! (And for myself as well...)

Yes I am indeed a Peanut Butter addict. Would go as far as saying I'm a connoisseur. Love all different types and would eat it on a spoon and even cook with it...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i too love peanut butter ubblove i like cooking with it too AND putting it on top of marmite on toast *drools*

it HAS to be crunchy though, smooth peanut butter is just wrong ubblol

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
it depends which brand of peanut butter it is, some of them arent so nice, and i hate to admit it..............but im a total sucker for the prosthetic, manufactured peanut butter that gets churned out like skippy. i love that stuff so creamy and soft and tasty and...........im off to have a andwich now.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I like alternating between smooth and crunchy...

Before being more health conscious I used to love a peanut butter sandwich made by spreading a 2mm thick layer of butter/margerine on one slice of bread and a 1cm thick layer of smooth peanut butter on the other. The texture was amazing...

And the thrill of nearly choking to death as the thick, mortar-like mess gets stuck in your throat was in my child-like mind akin to auto-erotic asphixiation...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

the thrill of nearly choking to death as the thick, mortar-like mess gets stuck in your throat was in my child-like mind akin to auto-erotic asphixiation...

ubblol your a wrong 'un mate

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
I just KNEW there had to be an alternative to marmite, vegemite or nutella!! Cheers Neon! biggrin i'll eat smooth or crunchy but prefer crunchy. Usually got a jar of both! Haven't had a Fluffernutter sandwich since I was about 12 though, probably too sweet for me now. Cooking with it is fun, get a wok, slice up some chicken, quick stir fry, spoonful of peanut butter,a little chilli oil, add some noodles, voilá! easy satay chicken! I'm sure I've seen jars of peanut butter and choclate spread kind of spiralled together as well, but I may have dreamt that...
EDITED_BY: monserat (1151578012)

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
No they do have the chocolate and peanut butter in a jar. Sun-Pat (Hsssss) used to you it. With Jam as well. But the problem was that the PB and Jam/Chocolate spread ended up often mixing creating something that was more like praline paste. Which in theory is nice but I prefer the separate layers so I tend to buy separate jars.

The Snickers PB & Chocolate isn't as bad but you have to shop around in discount stores to find imported jars that don't contain 'Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil' like they do in the british batches

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
There's something not quite right with a sentence that contains 'auto-erotic asphyxiation' and 'child-like mind'... ubblol

do you think we can get peanut butter added as an option on the Introduction template??

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm sure you'll have to ask GayLord Doc of Lightning for approval...

But then again, he started that this thread so I'm sure he'll have no problem doing an alt...

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I got some when I lived in Germany... my host family looked at it strangely, didn't want to try it, and when my host dad did try it, he claimed it tasted "american". To which I simply raised my eyebrows in disbelief. When I brought it to scool, the kids looked at me funny (which was nothing new or strange, really). T'is a much pre PB accepting land over here, indeed...

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

And the thrill of nearly choking to death as the thick, mortar-like mess gets stuck in your throat was in my child-like mind akin to auto-erotic asphixiation...

Shaolin, have you shared this with your mental health professional? eek

-Mike

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt like this...

hug

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
How long till PB is banned in all govt departments .
Nuts are great brain food and easy to pack. *pow* not at school anymore.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: