TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
Hey guys

well i have just been dumped by my boyfriend of 9 months.
at first we decided to go on a break but now its final.
i feel kinda crap as u would expect so if anyone has any advice or words of wisdom i would be most greatful.

cheers

Peace and Love

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sucks indeed.

The best advice that I can give is at least it's over now and you can move on. In 6 months, you'll already be 6 months away. It's certainly better than dragging on in a bad relationship and being in the same place 6 months from now.

It gets better. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
yeah i know your right and thanks for replying.

breaking up really sucks tho, i reckon its one of the most hurtful and painful things that can ever happen to someone.
( unless you count having an arm chopped off, now thats gotta smart!!)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Interstingly, I never really found breakups as painful as being in relationships you know you shouldn't. Sometimes breakups are a relief. And sometomes fear of breaking up keeps people in relationships they should have ended.

I think being unable to leave a bad relationship is worse than a breakup in the long run.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Awwww honey, I'm really sorry to hear that! hug hug hug

The only advice I can give is spend loads of time with your friends: they will be able to lend you an ear and a shoulder, and maybe you'll be able to have a laugh with them too. Also, pamper yourself: do what you enjoy, eat what you want, take long hot baths... whatever makes you feel even the slightest bit better!

Everyone always advises 'no contact' with your ex until you're over him: they're probably right, so do that if you can manage it... i've never been able to though smile

NYC, not all relationships end because they are 'bad'. Things might be going just fine, but one of the partners just doesn't feel 'that way' about the other anymore. If the other person still loves them and hadn't seen it coming, it's devastating because it doesn't feel like you're 'getting out' of anything at all, you're losing something you didn't want to lose.

Take good care of yourself TiffX!!!!!!! hug hug hug

everyone's unique except me

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
my best advice is to take your time and to let your grief run its course. don't pine, but don't force yourself to get over someone in an unnatural way. ie: if your friends/family say you should be over it and you aren't, then there's nothing wrong with you, it's just your own way, your own time.

it's a similar sort of thing as grieving for someone who has died (according to my psychologist)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
frown That SUX - but you know someone better will come your way soon!

Take good care of yourself, please!

hug

ubbangel

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
advice? just remeber that singledom rocks very very hard smile

TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
Thank you all so much for your kind word and support.

some days are better than others but i think i am dealing with it.
its so tough breaking up with someone, especially if you thought they were 'the one'. obviously he wasnt the one and im trying to tell myself that someone who will love me for who i am is out there somewhere...... doesnt feel like it at the mo tho.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
my advice, put some kick ass music on, have a good dance about, eat some proper good nosh, and spoil yourself rotten. A good bounce to a funky CD always cheers me up.
I like to think of life as bus journey, people get on and off at different stops, just cause they wont travel to the end with you doesnt make it all bad smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
and most importantly, now you can go chill in the singles thread (that i created but am not allowed in...im seeing problems...) but anyways! it's a very friendly thread full of lovely people! biggrin

hug glad to hear you are coping!

something that's helped me through many a hard time is:
"it will be alright in the end. if it's not alright, then it's not the end"
so very very very very true!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I just had to dump my "girlfriend" of 12 months, of which I haven't seen her 10 months. Never received a "resonable" letter - just short notes "I love you"...

Offered her help to leave Israel, made prepositions, gave advice, sent money... I understand her position (Israel is expensive, national security insurance, high unemployment) and her problems (6 years of lawsuit against the gov't for an accident she was involved in the army)...

But I just can't handle this anymore, hanging out by myself, strings attached... "open relationship" doesn't work for me.. so I just finally had to do it... Still no letter... I mean Israel is not the Kongo and they DO HAVE Internet cafes and computers at relatives...

I feel like sh*t, but I know it'll be better someday and I'm open for somebody who cares the way I need it... (where was this "singles-thread" again?)

Just tired of being all-one... like to be twogether with someone who cares and shares, makes some effort (minimal at least)... *gnarglsob* frown

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
hug for Firetom as well, and another one for TiffX hug

everyone's unique except me

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I'd rather be the dumper than the dumpee.

getting dumped as an adolescence on valentines day is not fun.

After the pain cometh the anger and vengeful feelings will probably arise, but these will all pass in due time. Do stuff to take your mind off it, you'll be fine hug

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
eek WHAT? ON VALENTINES DAY? I must have overread this...eek

What an insensitive censored mad2!!!!!!

hug TiffX don't miss him, he's not worthy! *shakes head*

TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
Valentines day..that sucks! valentines day was my ex's birthday, oh no here come the tears!! sob!

i feel like i am gonna be alone forever, i always manage to push people away from me, this is the third time in a row that i have been dumped with the same reason ... its not you its me... and i was dumped at 3 times at the same time of year, feb-april!
is it me or just the time of year?!

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
people always say the same thing when they're breaking up....the hard truth is that sometimes what you had just kind of fades. no one wants it to happen, not even the person doing the breaking up, but it just does...and there's only so many words that you can explain yourself with

it's not you its me is so true....it sounds corny, but when you say that it's because you know that something inside you has changed...you're different from when you started out and you have to end things there. that reson you keep hearing that is beause the people you break up with are human, and they have similar experiences to each other.

all the advice people are giving is true, it's hard, but you do it becuse you have to! keep your chin up, be around people who love you, friends & family, and in 6 months time i promise you will be the happiest bunny in the field!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
i dont think anything anyoen said when i came out of my 4 year retionship helped... just had to work my way through it and just stick with what and who made me feel best and even now a year and abit on i'll still shed a wee tear here or there grouphug so here is a hug and good luck