536 posts

Posted:
hello....
i just saw this really cool movie...
it is called "Groove"
i've watched it like 12 times...
There is one huge plot....
and like a million sub-plots....
the main plot is...Everybody is going to this party...or rave...(if you must call it)....
and the sub-plots are about what happens at the party....
if you have seen it....
post and tell me what you thought....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Groove's a great old movie. I may get jumped for saying this but I think it's a pretty good depiction of some of the rave scene. I found it funny because, since I'm pretty straight laced, it was almost like "my point of view" at most club/rave situations... where I'm watching all of these things go on around me but I'm just grooving to the music. I've certainly seen all of those subplots at most raves.

The Asian DJ plot was pretty cute.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
poor dude.....
Dj Polywog,...(i thought) was hot for some reason.....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
good movie good to have on in the backgroup before a hard night...
watch out for another that should be out sooner or later call "the queue" i was asked to be an extra but im globe trotting atm but twould have been so much fun.. the e-invite said "stricly no drugs ... come in most outlandish candyflippin getup" etc etc... but should be one to watch out for...
mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
If anyone is interested there is a new movie called 24 hour party people that is about the beginnings of the rave scene in Manchester. I haven't seen it yet but the trailer looks really cool. Also check out Human Traffic also a rave movie set in Wales I think.