Forums > Social Chat > The world is... post-holiday depression?

Login/Join to Participate

Dark Chaosmember
15 posts

Posted:
Well, I am about to go back to school after the holidays, and feeling out of sorts. I know I hardly ever post, but I was sort of wondering how other people were dealing with post-holiday let down? It's especially annoying as I seem to be in a failing relationship right now that I need to stay in for economic reasons. I'm kind of thinking about dropping out of school instead.

the night is darkest before the dawn

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
mrrrr. I dunno what else to say. My life kinda sucks in a similar way.... but i have no solution.

mrrr

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*wanders in, grabs a pillow, and settles down to cuddle with the rest of the depressed people*

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Keep your chin up - I know I'm probably going to sound like a boring adult - But trust me when I say it's best to stay in school unless you DEFINITELY have something better to do instead.
If you have a job to go to that you can see yourself being happy in for a long time, then go for it - if not, I'd stay in school and grit it out.
How long do you have left? Maybe you could look into finishing it at Tafe if you really hate school that much - the hours are more relaxed and you're treated a little more like an equal adult than a student whose teacher has a lot of power over them....
I remember feeling exactly the same way after Christmas and preparing to go back to school! I couldnt think of anything worse than going back to classes - but now that I'm out of High School I am SO glad that I stuck with it, because now I am somewhere that makes me happy and I enjoy what I'm doing - six years at High School was definitely worth it believe it or not...!
Make sure you think 110% about every decision you make to make sure that you're not only going to be happy now, but in the long run as well...
Hope this kinda helps....

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I could join in some cuddling right now...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
* Runs in giving hugs to anyone who needs one *

I kind of know how you feel - I've had to go back to work already and for most of thursday all I could think about was along the lines of 'What the hell am I doing here?'.
I eventually decided that yes, I really do need the money and that it's not such a bad job after all, it just seems like it after being on holiday.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.