Forums > Social Chat > Bye bye Asia - see ya soon...?!?

Login/Join to Participate

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Bye for now, dear Asia - I have enjoyed being with you for the last 6 months... now it's exactly 12 hours before I leave you for Europe and already I miss you dearly...

No, I don't feel good to leave you because your people use to smile back and for a multitude of other reasons...

*sob* meditate

But I promise to watch over myself as much as I can, so I can return in one piece. When? Well, this greatly depends on Europe - if the sh1t hits the fan, I am back before you can say "moo" - otherwise it'll be in 6 months...

You have hosted me and treated me with much respect and few exceptions (in occasions where I was just unaware of how you deal with things). I've learned a lot and know now, that you even would provide me with great opportunity.

I wish you well, dear Asia and no, I am not feeling too well right now...

Bye

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
Wow, where in Asia have you been?
Im off out for my yearly visit in 10 weeks and counting!!

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
waveSafe travels FireTom!!!! hug

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Aww hug hug hug hug

I know how it is to leave Asia...I was miserable for days on end when I had to leave. frown I still miss it dearly.

hug hug hug hug

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

yuhuumember
74 posts

Posted:
did you travel thru asia? or, where have you been exactly ??

one of my best friend lives in Tokyo, I would love to go there someday!!!!! ubblove

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Was doing (another) business journey and explored my opportunities in Bangkok, Bali and Goa with two visa-swings to Kuala Lumpur...

Yes it doesn't sound to exciting and adventurous, but ya know I get tired of travelling all those mindblowing, beautiful places with breathtaking views all by myself.. makes me feel lonely - so I now spent my time in Internet cafes and market places, outdoor dancehalls and occasionally the beach... wink

Now it's two hours before leaving and I hope they don't kill me for having 20kg's of carry on... (how'd they know anyways) - but those 30 kg's of check in (the unnecessary stuff went overboard already)... rolleyes those bother me a bit right now, as I don't have much cash left for overweight... keep your fingers x-ed for me pls... ubbangel

why is this all the same every time...? rolleyes

Right now they are playing the national anthem and everyone (except westerners) stop in the middle of the road with rain pouring down wink - naa, not even Thai would do that.. smile )

I still gotta pack up eek gotta run - and it's pouring outside! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHH whattado?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
So that's it! Gone to the airport 3 hrs prior to departure, only to get stuck in Bangkok traffic jam (Friday night going to the airport after a thunderstorm ain't easy, I can tell you) The driver got so nervous (knowing that I eventually might miss the plane) that he drove (me) nuts... Had to slow him down (at times where the traffic didn't)...

The trip took 2 hours (instead of regular 30 minutes)... I arrived at the airport 40 minutes prior to departure - and the ground staff was very understanding.

No hastle for the weight of my bags, or carry on... went to the gate, just to hear the announcement that the flight was delayed by 30 minutes due to the crew getting stuck in the same traffic jam...

I had to burst out laughing, picturing the staff and pilot rushing to the airport, only to get rejected by ground staff "sorry, you missed the plane"...

The flight was okay and the arrival also (bags got lost on the way) - the weather was decent on the weekend with lots of sun... unfortunately all the sun in my baggage was absorbed and today it's freezing cold outside... I've got to get my XT and will have to drive one hour through the cold with it back to town frown

Springtime is not here, yet - trees not blossoming frown

Friends offer me shelter and help to get me started with my European life again...

Opportunities arise and even my kidneys are not bothering me too much (even though pain comes back in waves)

All in all not a bad start

Thanks for your wishes and support grouphug

Hope to meet you this summer on one of the festivals...

keep us/ me posted, please

ubblove and ubbidea to all of you