imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Thanx to RHD inspiration, we french spinners as Olive, Vince, Kevin, Steph and myself, started to work throwing 3 staffs.

Here a short vid of continuous spinning with two kind of throws (inside left&right and outside left&right). there is a break in the rythm at the 5 fith throw. I'd like to make it on time but, it's not easy, anyone have a clue?

>> https://therob.free.fr/ima/3staffs.avi

Here is Steph, trainning in Poitier convention gymnasium last september, and making a special trix throw in the back.
You'll have to turn your head on the left for it, sorry biggrin

>> https://therob.free.fr/ima/stephan3staffs.mov

Notice that we use very light staffs, flexible and unbreakable (that make throws really easier).

>> all is full of love <<

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
What kind of sticks would that be, fiberglass?

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
bamboo, i think...

i been practising too a little biggrin must go and work on it more tho...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Rotin precisely (flexible & virtually unbreakable) .. best-in-class staff for throws biggrin

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Rotin look like bamaboo but, it is plain and flexible, it's cheaper than fiberglass but it's quite difficult to find in manifacture.

I start to make some really cheap training staff for throws in PVC (as simple as it is) take a PVC tube, make it as heavy as your fire staffs and go on throw training, you won't be able to bend it or break it (I guess). biggrin it's very light so staffs just fly in the air and they don't seem to be dangerous (mostly they are not;)) It's not really frightening to receve it, so you get some quick progress. I also use white PVC and foam to make staff for children smile

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
This is something I've been working on for a while, and still haven't perfected.. and also throwing 4 into a juggling patern. Don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to do it when their on fire tho!
I saw a really interesting clip somwhere of a bunch of people doing siteswap juggling with staffs, looked mighty specky, wish I knew where I could get a copy of the footage

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
search the videos for the rubberheart duo

they are the silly maths weirdos

Viva UGLY STAFF

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Yep RHD are incontetement the best in for throws.
Eve, if you come to Paris in June maybe you'll meet one of them ^^.

By the way, there is a mistake in my first post... Actually the 3 staffs throws in continuous spinning is on 5 beats : 3 inside throws and 2 outside !! then you have the entire cycle. That's why the rythme is a bit break biggrin

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
ooooh that would be great fun, I don't know if I wil make to Paris until July. I will be busy EJC-ing and getting distracted by pretty Irish boys wink
But I am sure that Paris will be visited by an Eve on this trip, travels permitting. Hopefully see you then imakokode!

-Eve

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!