tipsBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
ok ive been spinning staff for about 2 yrs on and off and ive been addicted for a couple of months. i can do all the basic stuff and basic contact moves like halo, 360 halo (if im lucky), half steve, half snes, neck stalls.. you get the idea.

anyway.. ive been practicing with it not lit and did my first fire spin the other night and was wondering if anybody else finds it almost completly different?!?
anybody else just get nervous? really paranoid about hitting my face. i mean i honestly dont think that i could even attempt a halo 360 or a neck stall with the thing lit. ..then i managed to hit myself pretty close to the groin and my jeans lit up! eek

by the end of the night i was doing half steves and body wraps so was ok. does anybody else also find it hard to see cos the flame disstraction?? ..maybe i should practive blindfolded biggrin ubbidea

when things get tough turn up the music and crack open another beer

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
I feel the same way. I thought I was comfortable doing some somewhat advanced poi moves, but when I lit up I couldn't find the courage to pull them off. Eventually the feeling went away the more I practiced with them lit.

Fire is exciting, so until you get comfortable with fire, you wont be able to do anything fun. I did my first staff burn a month or so ago... dissapointing at best with the moves I did.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
It took me about a month (going hard) to be able to do the moves lit as good as I could not lit. smile

Don't feel bad about it.

Just make sure you know the move backwards and forwards before hand.

BTW, I tried doing the move drunk as unlit.

If I could do that, I'd try it the next night (after practise)

lit (straight as please note.)

Not for everyone though

Just give yourself time weavesmiley

Are you up for it?
wink;)

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
hmm, after busting the bridge of my nose/brow while doing backspin i'd personally rather be doing contact to just spinning. the thing with it is that you know where it is all the time, and personally i dont know anyone that really spins contact remotly fast.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

TheGreatSaintGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
Hit yourself in the face a few times, eventually you'll realize that your reflexes keep you from commiting to the charge once your mind grasps onto the fact that something has gone amiss. That's pretty much the only way to get over it, sure, you hit yourself in practise, but that's not as fun as having a ball of spinning fire coming straight for your head!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheGreatSaint

but that's not as fun as having a ball of spinning fire coming straight for your head!

ditto

especially afterwards when everyone pays attention to you, even IF it is becuase you have a split on your forehead thats oozing copious amounts of blood

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
i thought i might pass out my first burn. it was so different. but you just have to do it more and more and you will feel more comfortable. each time i do fire i add one more trick that i feel comfy with.

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake