Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The Firegathering 2006 - 19th-21st May - Surrey

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Velocity_Kendalmember
24 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,

The Firegathering is on again this year with a new venue and a bigger capacity. There's some really great live music, cabaret and workshops in store so hopefully some of you can make it. For anyone who doesn't already know; The Firegathering is a music, spinning and circus skills festival with a really great vibe. Check out the website for more info:

www.firegathering.co.uk

cool

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
boooyaaa... s'gonna be phat! bounce biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Velocity_Kendalmember
24 posts

Posted:
Only 9 days to go!!!

Get your tickets everyone ! biggrin

Can't wait.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Woo.... and ...hoo!

Its in the middle of my week off biggrin
I'll see you all there then.

1) Anyone going from london with a car space? Otherwise I shall train.
2) why is there only the discount on 4 tickets? I dont have 3 friends frown

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
if me, Simian and Bov go, there's your 3 friends biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I'm not going to be able to go now. My poor green beast is dying and wont be able to get us there. Is there a magical mechanic in the house??!!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Velocity_Kendalmember
24 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

I'm not going to be able to go now. My poor green beast is dying and wont be able to get us there. Is there a magical mechanic in the house??!!

Hiya, there's a link to a lift-share site that's been set up and there's a number of local train stations. Email the crew for more details:

info AT firegathering.co.uk

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
this is so close to my house! gonna be phat. possible free party as well somewhere nearby on sat night tbc... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

FearsaorRosaBRONZE Member
Cyr Wheel Artist, Fire Performer, Poi Enthusiast
43 posts

Posted:
I Would also love to go but I am unable to afford membership. If I could I would definatley get £30 This hasnt exactly been the best week for me someone stole all my equipment yesterday and I cannot afford to replace. Now I am missing out Big Time. Yes I am a completely Blind Fire Performer. smile

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Right I'm definately confirmed as going now, will be there late afternoon/early evening on Friday.

Big up the firetoys massif biggrin ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
dunno where im gonna find the cash but im definatley coming. Ive got my driving theory test at 3 on the friday so will be heading down after that. See you all about 9 on friday.

"Don't do it naked!"

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
bounce I'm going with Dunc! wooo!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
we've been asked to perform at this at short notice... better start practicing!! eek

if you haven't already you can check out our new look website at www.burnttoast.co.uk

still got loads more photos an stuff to go up but we're getting there... smile

next weekend's gonna rock!bounce biggrin

grouphug

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Once again, this falls on the weekend I'm coming home from Uni...

I can't make it. frown

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
dont worry dub!!

i have a plan wink

between us the fire show will rock ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
No doubt biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
nice one man... is it a cunning plan? i do hope so... wink

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Need an extra?

Always up for an extra show

"Don't do it naked!"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Piss it.

I don't have enough money to go frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Bump?

See those you of there that are going.

bounce

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
seeing as half our lot will be MIA at Torture Garden this weekend rolleyes help for the fireshow will be more than welcome. from what will tells me, the main body of the show is going to be worked out by all those willing to take part (a la bristol) with help from a professional choreographer (madame solsha i think?) who is doing a workshop on saturday. we're hopefully gonna have 3 routines ready by sat night and will be sorting out how they might link in with everything else on the night... sandy mate, if i had time i'd love to do a singles routine with you but i have a feeling struz an i are gonna be flat out getting our doubles one finished in under a week! (in true proffesional spirit i still need to build a new set of staffs after leaving the old ones on the train) eek

i'm sure there will be lods of other people up for working something out though so it should be fun whatever happens... biggrin ubbloco

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Sound. Recon i might do a single set on the saturday, depends how much practice ive put in first.

just managed to get in free by working the gate, unfortunatley ill be doing it from 3am till 6am sunday morning. Anyone fancy keeping me company?

"Don't do it naked!"

shroomoSILVER Member
16 posts
Location: South London/Brighton (Surrey/Sussex), United King...

Posted:
Hey, I live about 10 mins away from Horsham but i have no money and i dont get paid untill the 26th! Which sucks really! (does anyone know of a back door??) tongue !!

[INSERT HALF DECENT SIGNATURE HERE]

Velocity_Kendalmember
24 posts

Posted:
 Written by: shroomo

Hey, I live about 10 mins away from Horsham but i have no money and i dont get paid untill the 26th! Which sucks really! (does anyone know of a back door??) tongue !!

Yeah you could do that confused... or you could take a leaf out of Sandy's book and try and see if you can contribute something. The Firegathering isn't a commercial entity, it's done for the love of it. The fees all go into what it costs to put an event on like this, none of the organisers go away with money in their pocket.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: -sandy-

unfortunatley ill be doing it from 3am till 6am sunday morning. Anyone fancy keeping me company?

subject to my state - ill keep you company dude! for sure......

As for you Dub - ill see yout thursday night! do you remembr it all still?

I do - i think ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'll probably be with Strugz in a similar state, so that's two to give you something to laugh at biggrin

Looking at current forecasts it's gonna raaaaaain. So bring your waterproofs Sandy!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Dammit....this sounds like loads of fun!

Have a sweet one guys....i shall be at home sewing...*grumble.....whinge.....moan....*

ubbloco

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Well have some fun for you Maus biggrin ubbrollsmile

ubbangel

As for being in the same state Dunc - ubblol that you will, we have something to test out as well - ready for Play cool

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Talking of ready for PLAY...could someone, anyone, bring at least 1 copy of the DVD? Please?

I've just booked my ticket biggrin biggrin With any luck I'll be heading down with Dunc and Jo biggrin yay! w00t!

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

speak to dunc dude - my drive is buggerd rolleyes

i mean - hes only had it for 3 weeks wink

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblol i'll probably be joining you three in that state as well... ubbloco that's if rosie an I aren't snuggling up somewhere dry instead! wink

i've got the routine on video strugz so i can just about remember that much! i got a surprise day off work so just making me new monster 5ftx1" doubles to use. Alomost done an well ecxited about their first burn tommorrow... biggrin

bounce

edit: just finished 'em and they're heavy as sin cos i decided dowel all the way through would be nice... just gonna have to build up some muscles then...

rolleyes
EDITED_BY: duballstar (1147882476)

Page: