Page:
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I get this message every 5 or 10 minutes. Now I went to the site and got this thing called winfix, but it wont let me fix them until ive registerd the product which I dont have the money to do right now.

Does anyone know something that really will let you fix them for free? Or just how to turn of the messages im getting. Its annoying as hell because it minimzes whatever im doing everytime they pop up. Ive just formated my pc a few hours ago and I got them right after the format was done. This is one of them

Non-Https Image Link

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Have you a link to the Avast AV for ease of access please? smile

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
https://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Sorry, should've added it before, got lazy redface

Are you up for it?
wink;)

WeaponXmember
66 posts

Posted:
Meiow...
im lazy too.

*curls up and goes to sleep on his blanket*

Mieow..

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

"What told you that eh? You got a magic-8 ball in your head?"

No. It just looks blatantly obvious, what with free good software being mentioned in this thread 2 or 3 times, and yet that kind of info is ignored.....

"So im a liar basicly?"

Isn't this termed as "flying off the handle"?

"but you seem to know that that isnt true."

All I'm saying is that you ignored some really helpful advice. Sym, Polarity and UCOF know what they're talking about, and yet it doesn't seem like you read they're post in full, if at all. Becuase you neither thanked them properly, or followed their advice.

Ho-hum.

Your talking out your ass FRD, and what your saying is you havnt got any reason to think that in the first palce other than 'it just seems to be', wozers thats some hard concrete evidence isnt it, FRD thinks it.

What you dont know is that stars pm came very quickly, it was also the first thing I tried and worked right away, so like most people I stopped thinking about my comps registry errors and got on with other things, I didnt log back onto hop for a few days after that.

Sorry UraniumChipOxidationFacility, I thought you done since the mods came in and deleted a scentence from your post, nevermind eh hug

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Anyway...

Could I just point out that contrary to what Ucof said, you should always pay for any software, rather than 'crack' it. Whilst I know that cracking is prolific and easy, it shouldn't be encouraged on the board, as it is basically encouraging stealing.

Incidentally, and as the HOP techies have already pointed out, you shouldn't have to pay for any software to overcome and head off any future virus/ spyware problems as much of the software out there (spybot S&D, adaware, AVG and numerous others) are free for private use.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

Your talking out your ass FRD, and what your saying is you havnt got any reason to think that in the first palce other than 'it just seems to be', wozers thats some hard concrete evidence isnt it, FRD thinks it.

What you dont know is that stars pm came very quickly, it was also the first thing I tried and worked right away, so like most people I stopped thinking about my comps registry errors and got on with other things, I didnt log back onto hop for a few days after that.

Usually, 'it just seems to be' is more than plenty to make a judgement call, especially as you didn't explain anything in any detail.
All you needed to say was 'I read Star's pm before Sym's post', rather than flying off the handle, and this whole matter would be dropped.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Kerio Personal Firewall

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: polarity

Kerio Personal Firewall

Cheers biggrin

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chutters

Could I just point out that contrary to what Ucof said, you should always pay for any software, rather than 'crack' it. Whilst I know that cracking is prolific and easy, it shouldn't be encouraged on the board, as it is basically encouraging stealing.

Thats what I meant to say! biggrin

On the firewall front.. I recommend Zonealarm
Its free! biggrin

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:

I thought you done since the mods came in and deleted a scentence from your post, nevermind eh hug

Try typing in English eh wink

Are you up for it?
wink;)

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I had to check before posting this, which is why it's in a different post and not one of my earlier ones, but it's backing up the same point.

Sorry UraniumChipOxidationFacility, I thought you done since the mods came in and deleted a scentence from your post, nevermind eh

Lets just play around with this a bit shall we?

You're talking out of your arse Joe, and what you're saying is that you havn't got any reason to think that in the first place other than 'it just seems to be'. Wowzers! That's some hard concrete evidence isn't it? Brit_Joe thinks it is. **

Y'see, no moderator came in and edited UCOF's post - he actually did it himself.

But, since it seemed to you that a moderator did it, you commented on it. There's no need to hurl abuse at people who do the same thing.

** please read with a healthy dose of tongue-in-cheekedness. It's not meant as a personal attack.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Ok everyone, lets not worry about this any more smile

Brit_Joe is being an idot, we all know that. Many people try to help, he doesn't listen, then gets in a strop.

Maybe he just wanted to talk to someone? Who knows. confused

I think we should just let him steam away about how horrid we all are and go out in the sun and have a good time smile

I am no longer interested in him, his problem or helping him again, but thats his loss, not mine.

Ping!

biggrin

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Pong biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yoink.... biznitch.

bounce

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
You cheaky [censored] sym, i am not an idiot. I did listen to everyones advice. [censored] off

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
"fire in the hole"

rolleyes

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
a.k.a..
I had a curry last night which was too hot for me. umm

And im also asking a mod to lock this thread.
It shoudnt be deleted though.
Its almost as good as "circuses and juggling" ubblol

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oooh oooh oooh...

*hipthrust* biggrin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Joe perhaps if you didnt react in an OTT way things wouldnt get out of hand? smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Jo! spank it's because we fly of the handle too much wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well if I get crap I react dont I, simple as.

Page: