Forums > Help! > A favour from the Londoners

Login/Join to Participate

Beth
Beth

Miss Whippy
Total posts: 1262
Posted:Hi guys,

I'm due to start work experience for Bloomsbury publishers in May and i was wondering if anybody would be incredibly kind to me and lend me sofa or floor space for the odd night? Otherwise i will have a 4 hour commute each day from Oxford and i think that would kill me! Also if you know of any cheap/safe/clean B&B's, hostels or hotels, any and all info is very muchly appreciated!

Thankyou londoners hug

Beth x

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Delete Topic

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:I cant help you out i'm afraid Beth, but you're working for Bloomsbury!!! WOW!! biggrin Will you get me Jo Rowling's autograph and hints for the last Potter book!! biggrin wow!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Medusa
Medusa

veteran
Total posts: 1433
Posted:The boys and myself where I live were thinking about getting a mattress so we could have people stay over (you know those damn drunken parties where everyone crashes....

Let me talk to the boys and see if they would be okay with it but I see no problems with you being able to crash in our lounge for a couple of nights if you would like.

Delete

Beth
Beth

Miss Whippy
Posted:Jo - unfortunately im more likely to pelt JK Rowling with rotten tomatoes and shout at her for unslaving the world with Potter Madness than ask for her autograph... but i'll try! smile

Medusa, that would be brilliant, lots of hugs and cookies to you, where abouts in london are you?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Delete

Medusa
Medusa

veteran
Posted:Near Wimbledon....you can get anywhere very easily from my place.

Delete

buzzingtalk
buzzingtalk

Total posts: 152
Posted:beth try www.travelpunk.com, they list all the b n b 's in the world, i remembet seeing one for a tenner a night i central and they are pretty OK aswell none of them will be dodgy. hope this helps, peace

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

Delete

Medusa
Medusa

veteran
Posted:Yep no problems with my housemates if you wanna crash for a couple of nights.

What borough (suburb?) will you be working in while in London I can work out how to get there for you if you would like...

Delete

Beth
Beth

Miss Whippy
Posted:You're a star Medusa! hug

I'll be working in Soho, i know my way around central london pretty well but its the rest of it that confuses me so directions will be very useful smile

My work experience lasts for 4 weeks so i'm calling in favours from my non hopper london friends as well, the odd night here and there will make the world of difference smile should be a fun month! biggrin

Delete

Medusa
Medusa

veteran
Posted:Yay! Well let me know what days you want at my little abode....when will you be coming to London?

You can catch a train close to where I live straight into waterloo (six stops I think it is maybe five) and then everything is pretty close from there....

Delete

animatEd
animatEd

1 + 1 = 3
Total posts: 3540
Posted: Written by: Beth

I'll be working in Soho,

umm

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

sunbeam
sunbeam

old hand
Total posts: 1032
Posted:good luck with the work experience.
and if you dont have any luck with the Hoppers (not very likely but still.... you could try
http://www.couchsurfing.com/
br>and www.tribe.net (theres london tribes and couchsurfing tribes)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Delete