Page: ...
inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Scottish Invasion 2006,

18th - 20th August, Inverness

Sorry guys I deleted this thread in a fit of madness, but ti is still all go, PLEASE let us know if you wanna come so we can get the site booked asap.

EDITED_BY: Sunbird (1158249201)

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Tink don't get mad hun. Use everything you have got from arranging this and re-arrange a meet that has set dates and a confirmed venue and make it into a new thread. Remember when you choose a venue pick one thats easy to get to via public transport.

The things that put me off from trying to get to this was cost of travel compared to number of days of spinning and the lack of a definate location. Travelling for over 10 hours at quite a high cost for tickets to be in a place for 2 nights/3 days to me... well I just thought I could probably get more spinning meets out of the money closer to home, sorry. The location also all seemed a bit up in the air for most of the time. Sorry if that sounds harsh but they are the reasons I didn't try to come.

I've tried to set up a meet in Wales before and I know just how hard it can be. Just finding somewhere to home a fair few fire spinners for 4/5 days is hard enough (campsites around here don't like the idea of fire) but herding enough HoPpers together to make it all worthwhile is even harder ubblol

Don't get disheartened hug Give it another go.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Well for me it's the fact that after onths of planning, loads of folks saying they'd come, then becasue the minibus wasn't a viable option, despite the fact it would be cheaper on megabus, people decidewd it was too much work. I'll gibe it another go but it won't be till next year now.

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
To be honest with you I never made it up to the point of the mini bus bit. I'd already decided not to go. The fact that the title of the thread always stayed as "Scottish invasion perhaps?" Didn't inspire me with confidence to spend out a lot of money on tickets to get to Scotland let alone worry about getting from Edinburgh to Inverness. Nothing seemed settled upon.

If you want people to spend out large amount of money to get to you, you have to give them definate dates and locations. You have to have made a decision on where they will be staying, be it in other HoPpers homes or campsites etc. I just looked back over the thread and on page 4 of 6 there seems to be a load of confusion as to where people were going to be staying when they got there

Written by: Tink

The thing with bught park is that the campsite is next to the playing fields, and I dont know whether you all will be safe if you camp on the actual playing fields, as its near a dodgy area. The site itself is fenced off. and the actual park itself nearby, is called Whin Park.

oh, the confusion!!!

Written by: Sunbird

ok, because we want tink there as long as possible... Does anyone have a problem with Bught Park?

That question was never really answered nor was the fact that it was in "a dodgy area" ever refuted.

That doesn't really inspire people coming from a long distance with confidence. There was also talk of overnighting in the woods for free. No one actually stated exactly where the camping would take place or the price people would pay. That just puts people off.

IMO I really don't think it had all that much to do with the mini bus babe. Sorry.

hug

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hey, come on, I wasn't trying to cause an argument! it would have helped me if people had at least commented on dates and locations instead of constantly having to be bumped, and often not replying.

Oh well, I was right first time then, I should just stick to organising making a cup of coffe and not events eh?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I wasn't arguing with you. I was just trying to point out why I didn't come and why I felt others may not have come. I thought you were looking for feed back.

My mistake. Sorry.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
It's ok, I'm just picking up the wrong end of the stick, I'm tired and bored and grouchy, had a long day yesterday moving Tink into her new home in Edinburgh and I'm at work which is never a good thing theese days.

Sorry Skully peace?

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:

I kinda fell of the surface of the earth for a while but I m back now, so can someone clarify if this event happened or not !
Wheres all the inverness spinners spinning these days?
Ta.

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Usually in Bellfield park, Sunday nights from 6. It's been a pretty poor showing since Tink left though. We went last night, but ended up abandoning Darryl....

Bad chelle and clavey spank spank

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
yeah.... spank frown

there was no such invasion but there will be one...sometime. and all shall be arranged and cheap (bar transport..)

tribal come and play! smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
ah, well my phones fixed and my cars better so if anyone still up ofr tynninghame i am game

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
tyninghame would be really cool! ok, what's everyone doing on 2nd and 3rd of Sept?

926 posts

Posted:
wheres tynninghame???? i just got a new job so less flexible than before, but i wanna go on an invasion now! and wear all black and pretend to be a ninja, and pounce on the suspecting townsfolk and cause havoc and then disappear with only a flame tracer to show i was there................ biggrin

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
NEW JOB!!!!!! Where you be working now Miss Clavey? And yes, where's Tyninghame? I have a car and no ties this weekend. And I like adventures.... biggrin

926 posts

Posted:
barbazzas...yay! flik'll be my new manager and hes cool much better than blockbusters manager.... and the uniforms better too, i can wear jeans"!!!!!!! lol

Owned by Brenn smile

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Ok I shall try really hard to come along on Sunday, wheres the best place to buy some colemans fuel in inverness btw? Last time I got some at craigdon mountain sports but its pricey there, is there anywhere cheaper.

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
No idea, LED is as adventurous as I get, I'm clumsy and have a tendency of burning myself, even without spinning! biggrin Tink will know though.....

926 posts

Posted:
i cant come on sunday anymore im working at my new job grrr.... and i wanted to show off my lovely staff as well...oh well...

dont know about colemans, but im pretty sure homebase does some fairly cheap paraffin, failing that the garage with the loch ness monster should have...

Owned by Brenn smile

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Tyninghame is near to North Berwick, it's a fantastic beach where the Beltaneites have our after parties, perfect spinnage place.

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Aaah..... I used to watch the Beltane society spin loads when I lived in Edinburgh. Pretty! That what you guys are up to this weekend? hug

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
lol, Chelly, Beltane is on the last day of April tongue hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
eep! i might be moving to inverness.......................

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Cool!! More people for the hills!! Or blue cats!! What perhaps may be bringing you up this way? hug

Yes, I know it's the last day of April, but there is the Beltane society as well, they do other stuff too (or so I was told anyway). Maybe I'm wrong. that happens a lot! wink

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Bluecat!!!! *wraps said coloured feline up in a hug* how was europe? how are you bro? hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmm. got a job interview with eden court theatre. so i'll be up from tomorrow to thursday, with interview tuesday afternoon...

more about europe in my intro when i become less lazy(like, maybe, later today after a snooze ubbangel )

biggrin

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Where was everyone tonight, I know it rained, but it still didnt stop me from getting my stuff together to come out to play.
Mind you I realised I forgot my lighter while in transit, so perhaps it was just as well,as I didnt like the idea of you all laughing at me.

Hey bluecat good luck with the interview.

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys, I was comatose on me sofa!! redface I completely forgot, and smoked so much I couldn't move for love nor money! How about this week sometime? ubblol

926 posts

Posted:
bluecat! how goes it? cool hope you get it, good luck hug what would you be doing? eden courts a nice wee theatre hopefully will be alot bigger and better when theyve finished the refit...

tribalray, i had my second shift at my new job so couldnt make it but this week ill be free on sun.... up for it? should give wee darryl a shout too after last time...(sorry darryl!!!!!!!) redface spank

chelle hun, if youre not heading in on sun i can only come out to play tomorrow or saturday......was looking over jolanta today definitely putting new pretty snug fitting heads on... but ive been eyeing up pretty new staffs too....money hole pocket and whatnot... ubblol

Owned by Brenn smile

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Hey hey Clavey! Sorry babe, can't come out to play until after Friday because of the work I have to do for this interview....BOOOOO! frown

But I'm free (nearly) all weekend? Anyone want to play? hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
cheers guys. i'm on my way there in an hour or so; its to be an outreach worker,, basically teaching circus and theatre in schools in invernessshire or strathspey.

so. when is the general meet? and what are the staffs you're eying up, clavey?

R

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Um, Sunday for sure, maybe Saturday too? biggrin

Page: ...