Forums > Social Chat > Please help me set my mind at rest.. (trying to find a band name)

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Firstly a minor congrats about the new style of posting... i'm sure everyone else has covered this...

Anyway, I want to know the name of a band. I know that the band is actually just one person. They were, in america, a one hit wonder. (I don't know about other countries). They had a long name (I'd say 4-5 words). They had their hit song more than four years ago in the states, and I would say around the same time as "original prankster" was popular, altho I am not postive about that.

confused smile ubblove
My tendecies are to think of it as starting (or having a second word with the first being the) with p or n, but i could be nuts. I remember the song as being positive, and somewhat feel good go get life ish, but this could be coloured by my view on life.

Anyone know who I'm talking about????

Please help....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
i think we need more info. do you remeber any lyrics?

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Tubthumping by Chumbawumba smile

*sings*
I get knocked down, but I get up again.....

Let's relight this forum ubblove

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Sadly, I do not remember the lyrics, I keep thinking something about life or about being in the present, but I'm not sure. I know that the name is distinctive in its length, tho... There is definately only one "band" that fits the top three criteria of being one person having an unusually long name that was a state-side one hit wonder in that time frame (about 4-7 years ago, prolly about 5).

But ahhhhh... my head is going to explode, I've been looking through some of these more modern lyrics sites and I can't find the name :/

And its a reasonable guess car not enough words in the band name, but no, I do remember tubthumping and its not only not that, but a mellower song... thanks for trying tho (where's durbs when i need him tongue... oh yeah, somewhere warm...)

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
chasing whale sharks

see here he is...note the orange pants so must be him

Non-Https Image Link

waiting to see if he gets bitten by one

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
A whale shark's gills are big enough for a grown man to escape out of. If you ever accidently get eaten by one (slim chance, they don't eat food as big as humans) then you just swim to the side of it's mouth and feel for the ridged area. You should be able to get out.

smile

(I read far too many nature books)
EDITED_BY: Sethis (1142964678)

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
My fatal error might be that there arn't enough americans on this site. And I miss you sethis! And gnor... ubblol Say hi to him for me if he hasn't left yet!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kyrian

My fatal error might be that there arn't enough americans on this site.

But every bit of your culture gets forced on to the rest of the world anyway, so we should know the song... wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ubblol very true Symlington biggrin

Is the song "born in the usa" by Bruce Springsteen.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
You'll have to give a bit more information than that :P What style of music? There were a *lot* of one hit wonders floating around through the 90's if you at least give a genre it'll help narrow it down..

As for ones I can remember off the top of my head, specifically bands with multi word (sounding) names in just about any genre....

Eiffel 65
Deep Blue Something
Dishwalla
The Verve Pipe
Jars of Clay
Eagle Eye Cherry*
Marcy Playground
Finger Eleven
Crash Test Dummies

* One of the few that I know is a single person

blah blah blah there are about a billion more..

:edit:

Look for yourself wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990s_One-hit_wonders_in_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000s_One-hit_wonders_in_the_United_States

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hmmm the artist name doesn't fit, but the rest of 'everybody's free to wear sunscreen' (from the one hit wonder list of the 90s, thanks Lurch! that brought back memories smile) does... don't suppose that was it?

everyone's unique except me

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
You get what you give, by the new radicals. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I almost died when I got to the bottom of the page and I hadn't found it... and there it was. I admit "The New Radicals" isn't really that long of a name... I seriously thought it was something more complex.... I also lose a bit because it claims now that other memebers came and went, wheras the radio station I then listened to said he was the only member (rather than the only constant member.) Half of me wonders if I am thinking in the end of some other band, but the song is what has been stuck in the recesses of my mind... Perhaps because the songs a lot of words i pushed it over onto the band somehow?

And I was reminded of some other cool sings (and didn't know some of those were one and outs! ... specifically OMC, I could have sworn was more popular. The Vervepipe I had also originally thought had two hits, altho someone corrected me on that awhile ago.

The fatboy slim comment has to be wrong, weapon of choice.... surely....

Thank you sooooooooo much lurch.... hug hug

Thanks everyone for help... and...

was OMC really a one-hit wonder????

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
OMC, not OMD... ubblol I think. Why can't they have proper names, like Prince, TAFKATAFKAP (the artist formerly known as "the artist formerly known as Prince")?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
the new radicals wasnt a solo artist! it was a band!! no wonder we couldnt think of it. i thought they were british??

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:

My tendecies are to think of it as starting (or having a second word with the first being the) with p or n, but i could be nuts.
Please help....

I have no idea who the band are, but did anyone else find that bit really funny? it'd be even better if the 2nd word was testicles instead.

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
ubblol

everyone's unique except me

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
 Written by: skwair

My tendecies are to think of it as starting (or having a second word with the first being the) with p or n, but i could be nuts.
Please help....

I have no idea who the band are, but did anyone else find that bit really funny? it'd be even better if the 2nd word was testicles instead.

redface redface

I think most of us didn't notice that. But ... ubblol

I almost died laughing.... cool

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
haha wow. pure silly.

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
wait! with clever editing, that sentence could be:

"My tendecies are to think of p or n, but i could be nuts.

Please help...."

ok, enough of my childish mind!