Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*Bayfire*:. Calling all Fire Twirlers!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hi all you lovely beautiful people!*:.

.:*CALLING ALL FIRE TWIRLERS!!!*:.

This year, Bayfire, as part of the BlueWater Festival, a big fire, music, and entertainment event on the beach (same spot at moonfest) is on the night before next moonfest (moonfest being on good friday 14th April) there will be live bands on stage, a beach bar, kids rides, a massive fire show topped off with fire works off jetty.:*

We are organizing the fire show for the bayfire event on the thursday night 13th April and are asking for anyone who can twirl a stick or poi to be involved as part of a beautiful fire over the water backdrop out on the rock jetty as hundreds of people watch from the shoreline... we will need as many eager enthusiastic people as possible! So tell all your friends and BYO fire gear to light up along the rock jetty ... please email me at moon_fest@hotmail.com to let me know if you can be there and for more info.... or reply to the thread on the moonfest message board. There will not be too much involved in this roll (so all twirling skill levels are most totally welcome) ... I envision some fire lighters being placed all along the side of the rockjetty being lit one by one as part of the opening.... Then all fire twirlers up along the rock jetty together twirling whatever prop they have, as the climax point of the show.... and then the lighting of tepee fire sculptures and fire blasters as the finally. All out on the rock jetty creating beautiful reflections on the water and a wall of flame out on the jetty....:::* So come along and be part of the fun and festivities! The show will be around dusk so you would need to arrive at around 5:30pm to be involved.

Meanwhile there will be a close up performance in the usual moonfest space.... this will be more choreographed and rehearsed (and a lot more work involved) with another team of performers.

Just putting the call out for as many lovely keen twirlers as possible!*:.

looking forward to hearing from all you lovelies!*:.

Love and stardust sprinkles Elke.:*

biggrin ubbrollsmile ubbloco ubblove juggle weavesmileyhug2 grouphug hehe biggrin smile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
I'm in barring a late departure from work (hopefully unlikely)

How about any clothing as long as it's dark, so it doesnt show soot. Nobody should be able to diferentiate between black, navey blue, dark green,etc, but anything else except white will probably be hard to colour match unless you do it beforehand under a yellow sodium street light. Many colours that are bright in white light will be quite dark under the yellow light produced by fire toys.

Do you want our bodies visable to the audience, or fully covered in dark clothing and a hood so they only see our fire toys?. Anything you specifically want or dont want ie reflective or UV active clothing, glow toys, etc so we dont stand out like sore thumbs?.

It's raining for the next few days, so lets hope it's fine for the last 3 days of next week.

3,492 posts

Posted:
don't think it matters what you wear out on the rock jetty... wear what ever you're comfy in smile

The general colour sceeme for the up close stuff we'll be going with will be gold/brown/black tribal gypsy style smile with tribal body painting etc.

but your cloths probablly wont be seen from the rock jetty so whatever you like in whatever colour and theme will be fine. smile just be comfy and have fun (heheh exept maybe no nudey spinning wink family show ubblol)

all just for fun... ubbrollsmile hug biggrin bounce hehe smile

all eazy simple fun stuff biggrin ... who else is in??? there are a few people who have replied via the moonfest email aswell ... so there will probablly be a good little budle of us all down there to have a play YAY

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
mmmm just realised that the bayfire performance will have a gorgeous nymph moon rising (or just risen) looking all golden and beautiful in the backdrop to the show.... how amazing will that feel to be out on the rock jetty spinning to a gorgeous nearly full moon.:* biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

3,492 posts

Posted:
some of kyles funky tripple staff contact from last years performance biggrin ... wish i knew how to post video smile confused

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Kyle is funky monkey. Kyle rocks!!

And chaps, I am going to Sydney tomorrow so don't think I've disappeared if I am not online for a few days.... flying back on Thursday and will be in time to come to Bayfire. I will bring some d60 fuel, safety kit etc.... see ya!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,492 posts

Posted:
ohhh! have fun!!!! biggrin hug kiss

c42fSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
Hey people, I'd like to come, but I'm not sure if I can make it - I have a meeting with my uni supervisor on thursday arvo frown Will see what I can do...

See yas at moonfest anyway though smile

3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY hope to see you soon biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
thanks guys.. that was soooo beautiful tonight.. love you all!

haven't had a chance to look at the footage yet, but will at least grab some stills and post them soon... mmwah*

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
biggrin that was awesome!! i am so glad i managed to catch a lil bit of the jetty fire twirling!! ...even if it was only a glimpse as i drove past the top of the hill in search of an elusive carpark!! tongue

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
beautiful photos from the Bayfire show in your gallery Ry... wow.. (as always!)

Page: