Forums > Social Chat > University - overrated?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
OK. So having spent nearly half a year at univeristy so far, I have come to the conclusion that university as a whole is overrated. Maybe i chose the wrong uni, but the whole lifestyle sucks. The social life here sucks. The people suck. My social life has died since i moved. My expenditure on ebay has increased. My boredom and frustration levels, well lets not talk about that.

Has anyone else found that uni isnt what its cracked up to be?

peace

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
wow sounds like you got lucky!! hopefully some safe people will come along as freshers in september otherwise im seriously going to have to get the hell out of here its like a mental home!!! i found no problems gettin in, i did 3 years of alevels and got unconditional offers in 4 unis, the course is no problem its more the stuff outside of uni thats bothering me so much! the wrost thing is there is no one here wanting to start a band (unless it is emo which isnt my style) so i cant even jam!!!

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
hmmm, i didni't really have much in common with people at my uni....there were only 4 courses and the rest were really for virtuoso musicy/actor type people.

all my friends are from outta uni, in fact i met the first one at clapham and the 2nd at spitz!

london is small when you're here, you can get anywhere from anywhere so although it might suck not having friends where you spend a lot of your time..london has muchos to offer! good mooosic, good poi etc etc.

my advice is get what you can out of uni, but look elsewhere...there's always us lot! smile

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
i have loads of the most awesome freinds back homwe and im only 2 hrs on undergroud house to house but they all have jobs now and i cant work til january (doctors orders) its that bit worse cos im ill too, im recovering now so i just want to get back out into the world and meet people and stuff but theres no one in the immediate vicinty to meet.
well im comming to clapham so i finally get to meet some of yous lovely people! clapham is gonna be so damn good for me to get out somewhere different in the fresh (not very fresh in fact nasty polluted) air of londinium! cant wait now...

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
yeah, uni tends to mean a whole lot less money, which means less parties, pubbin etc, more boredom and learning pointless yet free skills. organisation for example.

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
haha so true though. i had so much more cash even though i was skint before i moved here. now i have a loan but so much to buy with it!!
had to fork out on new strings for guitars and bass for exams soon that was 40 quid down the drain alreaddy

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
buzzingtalk - you can always wander over to the UCL balls! society if you want smile its on monday evenings in the UCL north cloisters (i can tell you more at clapham as its easier) the university is just off tottenham court road - we get various people from other london uni's turn up - there is also spitz and once summers here clapham tongue

back

Page: