Forums > Social Chat > Final Fantasy 7 Has Once Again Consumed My Life

Login/Join to Participate

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
I finished watching Advent Children for the hundredth time two days ago and and decided to dig out my old copy of FF7. The only slight problem is that I've not stopped playing it since then. Sometimes insomnia is a pain in the ass but now its damn useful. to make things a little more interesting I've set myself a few interesting challenges

1. Get Aeris final Limit Break

2. Beat the Midgar Zolom first time out

3. Beat all the Weapons

4. Find some way to resurrect Aeris wink

Must go. 48 hours without sleep makes me go slightly loopy ubbloco

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
You can't beat emerald! He's unpossible!

two smacks and yer dead. WTF!

I'm waiting for the re-release of it on the PS3. Can't wait. biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Emerald is easy!

Mastered Final Attack linked to Mastered Phoenix on one character, Mastered Final Attack linked to Mastered Knights Of The Round on the other two. All of them equipped with HP/MP Switch. Your characters die every turn but get brought back because of the Phoenix summon and then the Weapon gets smacked by Knights. All you have to do is sit and watch and occasionally tell your characters to attack or use limit breaks wink

They aren't going to re-release it as far as I know. The demo they showed a while ago was a one off ubbcrying. They could make so much money by redoing it and then adding bits to it though.

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Sorry for the double post but it looks like i was wrong

https://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/news.html?sid=6130109&mode=recent

Written by: Gamespot

Does this mean it's on? Probably not at this exact moment, but at this point, we're willing to bet it's not a matter of if an FFVII remake will happen, but when.

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
you can resurect Aeris

you have to do several things 1) get everyones ultimate weapon and limits, 2) kill all the weapons (the evil ones not the swingy hitty ones) and i cant remember whta else you have to do, but you get some "Hope" materia and you give it to Cloud and go to where she died and she is there!!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
...sounds very much like one of those "codes/hints" posted on the net that are totaly bogus.

Unless of course, you've actually done it yourself. smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I ordered a new copy of FF7 after i realsied i lost it. frown Its a the most kickass game alive. biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
FF7 on ps3, cool! biggrin Sony pwns Microsoft!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
 Written by: https://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/news.html?sid=6130109

Square Enix's initial response to our inquiry about whether the tech demo is suggestive of a full game in the works fell in the realm of a carefully worded corporate response. The reps noted that, as was mentioned at E3, the demo was created to show just how powerful the PlayStation 3 technology is. As a result, it's a tech demo only and is not intended to indicate that a PS3 remake of FFVII is presently under active development by the company.

However, when pressed, the reps also noted that further plans for content based on FFVII haven't been set, per se. They affirmed that the resulting reaction from fans over the demo footage and the content related to FFVII shown at the party has been overwhelmingly positive. As a result, provided fan reaction continues to be feverishly positive over the demo, and the very notion of a FFVII remake is certainly something Square Enix would bear in mind when planning future projects.

Does this mean it's on? Probably not at this exact moment, but at this point, we're willing to bet it's not a matter of if an FFVII remake will happen, but when.

That video you've seen is a tech demo, there's no game yet...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Thought you guys would like This a really well made parody biggrin

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol nice find vampiric! I got one too

https://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/ff7/

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

monkeyboy24Member
4 posts

Posted:
If you want to get Aeris Limit Break 4 head to the Mythril mine with Matra Magic learned (from outside Midgar on the world map) and head to bit where the Turks appear and head to the top exit, not up the vine. In here you need to feed aeris a Hyper to put her in fury status and so her damage taken will feed her limit level faster whenever she is on the first limit break of each level.

Also you will fight large groups of enemies, 4 or 5 at once, and simply cast matra magic everytime to get quickly to the next level of each limit as its dependant on the amount of enemies you kill.

To get her number four manual, u need the buggy from the gold saucer. Travel to the costa del sol and take the boat ride back and ride up to the river you can cross on the junon continent, ther is a cave with a sleepin man here, who will tell u ur battle number,either the one's u have run away from won, i cant remember. Either way the last digit needs to be the same eg 155,177 etc. Anyway he will give u some mythril.

Go about ur quest and after u get the tiny bronco ride it along the river back to the little house near Gonaga and trade the man the Mythril for the little box. You should get the manual for ur efforts, and if u have followed my limit level instructions, u will be on 3.2, go ahead and use it, chnage ur limit to level 4 and enjoy Great Gospel!

If you want to beat emerald and ruby you need to get final attack from the battle arena, and pheonix and master them and junction them together, in fact you will probably end up with at least two of these whlist you do the rest of what you need. You need to have the underwater materia from the old man in kalm (travel to the junon underwater reacter to the bit where all the fish are swimimmin in the background and morph a ghost ship into a book and trade it with old man) and done the golden chocobo quest and have Knights of the Round, Mime and W-summon from the battle of arena and to then travel to the north crater and head to the area that looks all strange and organic. This is the best place to level up in the game.

You need to have Clouds apocolypse sword from the garden of the ancients and Cid's scimitar (i think) as they are both triple growth. You need to fight enemies that look like lttle orange balls as they will give you ridculous amounts of AP, and Magic pots that ask for elixer from you, as they give good AP and great experience. Anyway you need to master Knights of the round and a mime for each character before attepmting emerald. Anyway you need to have full health, and magic pluses, not much else is needed, apart from the final attack and pheonix combo,and u shud have this on two characters. Any way equip best defense you have and may as well equip the ultimate weapons. Give a character some sprint shoes, and start the fight.

Have a character select Knights of the round and W-summon and cast it. Hopefully your mastered magic pluses will help a lot here, and simply mime it with the other characters through out, remembering to start the process again if you have to cast final attack smile

If you want to fight ruby, after emerald, you merely need to change your settings a bit, and junction the hades summon from the underwater plane to elemental attack. Everytime u hit ruby with Knights of the round he counters with ultima which messes you up, but hades can freeze him and prevent him from doing so. Anyway the other prerequisite for fighting him is to start the fight with two characters dead. This is because if u dont he will cast quicksand and lose ur characters b4 the real fight begins. Anyway starting this way will mean he will dig in and not be able to use this attack. As soon as he has done this use w-summon and use Hades and Knights of the round on him.

Whilst he is stuck ressurect ur team however u see fit, start the chain again with a w-summon of Knights of the round and mime it to the end, sticking hades in if ruby awakens and remembering to only mime Knights of the round and not any other combo. Easy stuff. Remember to take ur prizes to the old man in kalm and trade em over. Monkey-Master of Final Fantasy biggrin
EDITED_BY: monkeyboy24 (1144333358)

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
That video is brilliant vampiric! biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ditto

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.