Forums > Help! > Will UK Aerotech chargers be ok in the US??

Login/Join to Participate

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Friends smile

I'm lucky enough to be off to the US to see my lady tomorrow (monday) morning, and I'm wondering if my techies charger will be ok if I just put a plug adaptor on the end, as opposed to a step down/ up converter as is recommended?

I know some chargers are ok with the voltage difference, but is the uniross one that Aerotech provide (I have a four ended one for my meteors and hopefully some proballs at some point) such a charger?

Anyone know?

EDITED_BY: Mr Chutney (1142771509)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I presume Aerotech would know.. wink
But seeing as its a sunday and they are not open, I can see why you are asking..

I would ASSUME/ make an educated guess that it would work just as well as any other electrical item when used in conjunction with an adaptor.

smile

I also have never seen any other VVAs (variable voltage adapters) made by anyone other than uniross, so i also assume their products are better than any other out there.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Chutney

(I have a four ended one for my meteors and hopefully some proballs at some point)

Is that one four ended charger to charge both balls and meteors?

or one charger for meteors, and another separate one for the balls?

The balls and swinging Clubs have a different charging socket to everything else, so I'm afraid when (if) you buy the proballs, you'll need to buy a different charger. also, I think the balls charge from a 7.5 volt current (voltage changed by the transformer or whatever magical device in the charger unit) and the meteors from a 12v supply... Unless it's a custom model, but, what with the different voltages, I can't see how that would work...

I made that mistake when I bought my Proballs, thinking that I'll be able to charge them from the same charger as my devilstick... frown I was wrong, and had to quickly buy a charger... I didn't check the website properly and see that they did chargers for both for a reason.

However, when used in conjunction with a plug adaptor, it should work just fine. or, you could always play safe, and buy an american compatible charger from them, and leave it at your girly's house when you come home... smile hug

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
thaks for the replies- I didn't rwlaise that aerotech chargers were different (presumably they set them to different voltages.)

I've decided against taking them with me- its just as cold in the uS as it is here in the uK, and I have far warmer places and better things to be doing when it gets dark wink

jeffhighGOLD Member
89 posts

Posted:
if you just used a plug adapter the output voltage would be about half, not a good idea