jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
I have many different kinds of tape the best one is gaffer. what do you think about that?

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
You are wrong Masking tape is the best tape.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
MASKING TAPE

you foooooooooooooool!!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
hours of fun/practical jokes have been had in our house using gaffer tape, but alas we ran out and can only afford parcell tape now

[ 01. January 2003, 01:55: Message edited by: flid ]

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
if it had been masking tape instead of gaffer then you would still have an attached doorframe. therefore masking tape is the best tape.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
you fools, evidently you have not witnessed the power of the silver ribbon ..there is only one

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
silver ribbon is truely marvelous tape I stole a roll of that from a plumber back in 98. I had some yellow carpet tape the other week it was bloody horrible I hate it I HATE IT HATE IT

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
DUCT TAPE is king of tapes!
Non-Https Image Link

I thought that sentiment was pretty much universal. Maybe it is a Canadian thing...~?

Non-Https Image Link

I don't know if I should be proud of this or if I should go wait in the cupboard for a merciful nation to invade and save us from ourselves.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Magic tape. It sticks when you want it to, and doesn't when you don't. Or is that the other way around?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Mr.Coffeemember
56 posts

Posted:
i would definitely have to go with gaff on this one. being in theatre, soon to be "professionally" (i'll graduate one of these days ) i have many, many stories about gaff.

btw, shurtape is the best gaff tape, it's got the strongest adhesive, and will stay on thru the wash, had a peice covering a hole in my trouser leg for over a year now. not to mention taping freshmen to the battens and flying them out.

masking tape is good for just about anything that dosen't require strength, or where a strong adhesive would destroy the material (ie painting, you can't mask with gaffer tape, you'll pull off any paint underneath it) it's also MUCH more economic to use for around the house. for selected applications, metallic tape (for fixing mufflers and such) is also very good, but that's more like a big metal band-aid than tape, Imho, that is.

happy new year to all, i hope you have (or have had, depending on location) as rockin a time as i plan to.

smoochies,
-Rhys

--> I'm just a wave acting out in my own particular way <--

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
*The red green show theme song runs though my head* *grins*

Nothing beats the power of duct tape

Helpful hint: To keep people off your lawn duct tape a sign that says Warning: Landmines to an exploded car. Place car next to crater

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
Dux Tape is the only tape!!!! without it my car never would have passed road worthy!!! but seroius ly (a little of topic) there is only one medium to tape people up with ... GLAD WRAP ... memories of a mispent youth!!!

It's all good

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
MASKING TAPE FOR FIRESTAFF FUEL ABSORBERS

Sellotape for busking signs and attaching umbrella to park benches when balloon busking.

Duct tape (Dux tape, hee hee hee) for fixing aircraft so they can fly to the nearest workshop (serious!)

Video tape for your VCR.

Wale tape for wick (an old type, originally used by glassblowers to put their finished but hot work on)

Double-sided tape for playing both sides of a game of chess

etc etc etc

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?