Forums > Help! > regular use of body paint

Login/Join to Participate

tresSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
i perform in body Paint a good two to three times a week. which as you can imagine reaks havoc on my skin. it sucks. anyone know of some body paint that isnt going to turn me and my co-workers into a ball of grease? we found some ink like paint but found that we were stained for a good 4 days and for those of us with day jobs, it usually is not a good idea to go to the office as a neon green tiger... eek
any ideas?
HELP

Jelly

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
What type of paints do you use and how long do they have to last when they are on your body? Water based paints are easier to remove and kinder to the skin than grease paint.

Remember to wash it off fully after every time and moisturize your skin with a good lotion once a day. Twice a week exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin and any remaining paint residue.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
most body paints are water based these days,however the nasty grease ones still look in some places.

I personally use Grimas paints mainly,but use a barrier spray on my skin first if i'm using it a lot.It's actually designed to go on top of the paint to keep it on,which it will better whilst performing,but once it hits soap also makes the paint fall off your skin easier aswell-will look up the name of it tonight and then post again!

seriously excellent stuff tho!

tresSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
only probs with water base is if you sweat they run which i hate and the colour isnt as smooth, we pain with an airbrush most of the time. i use grimas when not airbrushing and barrier creasm and i stil lfind myself green yeah that soap name would be really helpful

Jelly

SickWithWondermember
56 posts

Posted:
body paint isnt really a term used by the makeup industry....there are a lot of different types of makeups that can be used to cover large portions of the body

The easiest to use is a waterbased premixed solution....either liquid or cream, that you just smear/paint/airbrush on and it drys to a finish, but the cream tends to crack and the liquid is hard to get opaque, and all waterbased makeup runs with sweat

then there is water activated cake makeup, which you apply with a damp sponge....more flexible than the premixed cream, so it wont crack, and more opaque than the liquid, but once again it will run with sweat.

note: a fixing spray (like mehron's barrier spray) can drastically help preserve makeup when sweating if applied in multiple layers.

then there is grease based makeup....great for theatre...great for blending....great for creating characters....bitch to get off...but wont sweat off. (probably what you have been using) cold cream or baby oil take it off well, but honestly enough soap and water does too.

finally there is liquid latex.....if you are willing to shave everything you are going to paint, you can use liquid latex....goes on as liquid dries as latex....takes about 3 coats to get it opaque.....but you can more or less just peel/rub it off at the end of the night, but it may dry out your skin....if you are making "clothing" out of it, then powder under the clothing with a baby powder or something and you can dramatically tear it off, for a really cool effect....

thats about it... hope it helped

parksung17stranger
1 post

Posted:
I am using liquid latex body paint daily and my skin dry and i don't know what to do. I my really possessive about my skin tell me some solution. Thanks