Forums > Social Chat > Ewww! Uninvited guests!

Login/Join to Participate

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I got home from a night at work, set down my stuff, took off my white coat, turned around, and was about to step into my living room when I stopped dead...

Because my stocking foot had almost come down directly on top of one rather dead-appearing mouse. eek

Now, rodents don't bug me in general, although the dead variety tends to put me off a bit more than the living variety. Live mouse=cute. Dead mouse=not cute.

This leads me to the rather interesting question of 1) what killed it and 2) why did it choose to die in the middle of my living room? Although I suppose the middle of the living room is better than under the sofa where it might take days to figure out where that smell is coming from (and having cleaned up one several-days-dead large rat in my college days, I can tell you that you have never *seen* so many goddamned maggots and other assorted creepy-crawlies!).

But EWWWWW...
Non-Https Image Link

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
More than likely it ate poison.

As you know, mice can't throw up so once they eat rat poison it's just a matter of time...

Or maybe he was just simultaneously awestruck by the gayness and neatness of your apartment and couldn't handle it. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Maybe it ate poison in someone elses apartment but made it through to yours before it died. Maybe it was coming to consult you as a Doctor as to why it felt so ill... ubblol

Sorry Mike. I'm kind of immune to finding rats and mice. I have a cat that stacks canal rats up under my dining table as gifts for me. Yuck indeed!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Sorry Mike. I'm kind of immune to finding rats and mice. I have a cat that stacks canal rats up under my dining table as gifts for me. Yuck indeed!

Huh. I guess it's the thought that counts, hmm? wink

-Mike

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

I have a cat that stacks canal rats up under my dining table as gifts for me. Yuck indeed!

Yuck? Oh darn, I've been collecting dead rats to send to you as a present... what am I gonna do with them all now?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

Although I suppose the middle of the living room is better than under the sofa where it might take days to figure out where that smell is coming from (and having cleaned up one several-days-dead large rat in my college days, I can tell you that you have never *seen* so many goddamned maggots and other assorted creepy-crawlies!).

But EWWWWW...
Non-Https Image Link

Hmmm, a huge rat died behind my bros PC once. Took a day or two to find it, aslo couldnt figure out what killed it, we have cats but it didnt look like it was killed by them, and I had two clean up the two week old carcass of a dead bird once, so I know where you are coming from frown

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Then again, are you sure you didn't chat up the mouse at some Irish Bar last night and just don't remember?

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Animals do die for reasons other than being killed by other animals you know wink

You don't even want to get into a nasty smelly dead thing story competition with me ubbloco

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
once when i was a kid i was getting straw from the barn, and i spread it out, and right in the middle was a b****y huge dead rat....squashes falt and totally dry, except it still had it's teeth!

being a kiddie i thought it made a great frsbee.....i

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:

lol when a cat dose that it means it thinks your not fit to find your own food thus it thinks you are weaker than it.. haha :-p biggrin hug ubbloco i love kitties! hug

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I remember last Summer there was a really horrible smell near greenhouse, we couldnt work out what it was, until we found a dead mouse floating in the watering can. poor little thing.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"when a cat dose that it means it thinks your not fit to find your own food thus it thinks you are weaker than it.."

Have you got a link to that please? smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*drops a dead mouse at UCOF's feet* biggrin

-Mike

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
I got 2 cats that bite off the head of the rodent/bird that the capture, they eat the head but leave the body (headless) on by my front door in the mornings :P Many a morning before college I have spent trying to get dead rodent from the sole of my shoes.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
One time, I found a dried up dead bat under my bed. I still have no idea how it got there or why it decided to die. The question of how long it had been there is one I prefer not to dwell on.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
was there any blood? perhaps it decided to commit an honorable Hara-kiri?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
We had a drain under our front living room in our old farm house, occasionally some how moles would get into the pipes and die under our feet, took us a long time to figure out we even had this drain under the carpet since it was allready laid when we moved in.

I saw my cat eat a mouse whole once, I was so proud of her she was like my child we were unseperable, it was fasinating watching her toy with it

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Thumperabbit

I got 2 cats that bite off the head of the rodent/bird that the capture, they eat the head but leave the body (headless) on by my front door in the mornings :P Many a morning before college I have spent trying to get dead rodent from the sole of my shoes.

you're lucky, mine just seperates the head and drags it across the floor leaving hte body behind, unfortunatly 9/10 times whats inside the body can decide whether to stay with the body or go with the head, you'd be amazed how long a mouse gut really is

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
When i was on holiday in France, geckos would climb into the outdoor light that was on the wall of the villa. They'd get trapped and we'd be helpless as we couldnt help them escape and they'd just fry. it was horrible.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Yeah we had cats that brought in rabbits, birds, mice, rats, and anything else mammalian, basically.

If it wasn't still alive and twitching, then there was a neat little pile of intestines on the stairs/under the kitchen table. I think it was the stomach, large intestine and small intestine. Maybe my cats were picky wink

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

I saw my cat eat a mouse whole once, I was so proud of her she was like my child we were unseperable, it was fasinating watching her toy with it

Ahh... BJ... that's disgusting.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

alicewonderlandBRONZE Member
Born on a green light daddy-o!!!
126 posts

Posted:
this thread is like a car accident it's so terrible but you can't help but look ubblol ubblol I'm like eeewwwww that's disgusting...keep reading....eeeewwww....yep still reading...so here's my mouse story...

we discovered mice had invaded my apt. I can't deal with the little bastards dead or alive, but I still couldn't do the mouse trap thing (just sooo gruesome) so my bf got these glue traps where they stick to them, so I thought I could detach them from the glue and set them free outside...yeah that didn't really work at all, instead at like 2am I hear eeehhh eehhhh eeehhh and the glue is so strong...eeeewwww I cringe now thinking of it, my bf just put it in a bag and put it in the trash outside, I know it's inhumane but I didn't know what else to do...so theres my lil mouse story...

When you're already walking on thin ice...why not dance?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
so you get a mouse that stuck like a mofo and you put it in a bin?? yeah, real nice. umm

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
one time a rat died under the floorboards in the livingroom, and coz there is a carpet n stuff, we just left it, but the only reason we knew it was there was coz of the smell.... errkkk! so rank. the smell kinda died away after about a month or so. or we just got used to it... shrug

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness