Forums > Social Chat > Rotation orders halted

Login/Join to Participate

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well today I got the official word that "All WestPac rotation orders are halted."

What does this mean? This means that I will not be returning to the States March 03.

I just got off the phone with Rozi, I feel like shit, not really because of the extention on my deployment but becuase there is no way that I would be able to take leave to go see her in Febuary like we had planned.

This is what I singed up for, and I have to keep reminding myself that I am not here to make life better for me, I am here to make life better for those around me. Weather I see the change in my lifetime or not it doesnt matter.

Enjoy your New Years, I am gonna tie one on and try to forget that the red folder ever came out of the CO's flight bag.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Whether or not that's what you signed up for, it's still harsh that you're having to miss your trip in february.
Do you have any idea how much longer it's going to be before you return to the US?
Still, not much consolation but apparently absence makes the heart grow fonder.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey sweetheart. We will be together soon. Even if I personally have to go undercover into Iraq and take out Saddam (as I am fairly anti-violence take out does mean that I will invite him out on a dinner date and use my wit and charm to make him resign his position And I promise, no flirtation involved I don't like men with moustaches)

Have a wonderful evening, and don't flirt too much with those cheerleaders!! (for an explanation of what that comment means, please ask Ray )

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

2,905 posts

Posted:
Roz, I love you, did I ever tell you that?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
ditto

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that, it completely sucks. It is especially hard over Christmas and new years.

I know it's no concilation but I'm stuck here while my love is in Sydney. I can't leave Dublin cause I've my final college exams in June and she had this trip planned since before I met her. I'm sad as a boy can be but it must be worse that it isn't your own choice that has put you in the situation.

Just remember fear is the enemy.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*covers eyes to avoid mushyness in this thread*

*sneaks up and snugglz Ray and Rozi, then sneaks away...*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
*returns Flynt's stealthy snuggle, then craftily removes her hands from her eyes so that she is forced to say "ahhhhh, that is so sweet" by the sight of the mushiness*

Hey DeepSoulSheep, I hope the time flies

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm not even going to tell my story.

But hugs and snuggles for ray and rozi....

Belive me... I understand.

Peace & Love, K.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

2,905 posts

Posted:
Thank you all for the suport, it does mean alot.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So, uh...when DO you get back stateside?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

2,905 posts

Posted:
Nobody knows, there is no way of saying right now. But I have heard some unoffical stuff, but as soon as I can I will let yall know more. Unoffical=bad

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Though who knows maybe there will be a miracle of some sort and the President will stop his war-mongering and then you can come home.

Not trying to start fights just trying to be optimistic.Anyway take care dude.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That sucks. But I reckon it's all just a ploy to avoid getting whipped by me

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Darn

*stamps foot and does impressive hair flick in irritation*

I am not going to get to see you two jelly wrestle...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I reckon as a consolation offering we could fly Flynt over to Sydney and film you two jelly wrestling and send that over to Ray to cheer him up. Only fair as it was you 2 with the idea! And I'm sure it'll get repeated viewings at the cinema on base and be very popular!

Er, right, I'm running off before I get slapped!!!!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:

too late

2,905 posts

Posted:
Poiaholic, dont bring politics or any other crap like that into this thread, if you dont like Bush thats fine. That is the last damn thing I want to hear right now. If you had a decent bone in your body you would have just said that sucks and let it be at that.

Dom, you never stood a chance but you can make your video as long as I got the only tape!

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
God I pissing you off especially when I didn't mean to.

If you weren't so closed minded you might have noticed I was only joking hence the .I do think it's ashame you are being withheld from those you care about even though by rights you should be going home to see them.

LIGHTEN UP!!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey, any idea if other rotation orders are halted? we have some friends overseas also do back in march-ish, hoping they don't get stuck! (they're middle east).

peace & love, K.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
hey poiaholic22, s'cool. I understand that it was a joke. But must admit to having had a little bit of a twinge when I read it. I am sure you can understand that we are both a little bit touchy over this & may be prone to overreaction. It is tough going, even though I am trying to keep it as light a burden as I can. & as for Ray, well, he hasn't seen his family in a while, that is really tough going. Thankyou for your well wishes.

hey Kyri, babe. I hope your friends can come home in March .

2,905 posts

Posted:
Kyrian, umm all I know is that all West Pac rotation orders have been halted. I would be willing to wadger that if I knew more, I wouldnt be able to tell you anyway. Sorry for the lack of info.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Im really sorry to hear that guys...Tis a tough call..We were planning a lil trip down to meet you both.
All good things come to those who wait...I will send many a love hug and big fat cheer up kisses to you both.

[ 06. January 2003, 11:25: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hug & kiss received and returned tenfold.

You will have to come down and visit me, and then when all this is sorted, visit us both

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
perhaps a way will open, Ray. plus you & Rozi are resourceful.

good on you, meanwhile, for the good job you're doin where you are. your sacrifice is well appreciated, consciously by some, unconsciously by others. may your work bring us peace in 2003, and may the New Year bring peace and joy to you.

ah, kickin vixen video is good. but those who run may still get SLAPPED.

(*a good slow grin, slide-stretchin da neck*)

~ Míkíe

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

2,905 posts

Posted:
Thanks Mike, BTW I dun care what number you give yourself, your still Mike that crazy guy who burnt his fingers trying out his new fire glowsticks!!!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
*thinks*
Ray, you in Japan if I remember correctly? If so your rotation has probably been stopped as a US show of force near North Korea is likely soon, as opposed to you being shipped to Iraq tomorrow. With North Korea gleefully sticking it's finger up at the US they've got to do something to apply pressure in the area, so keeping troops in the area is necessary.

Actually doing anything against North korea is impossible as it'd piss off somebody with actual power (like China, south korea, etc...) but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a build up and some 'war games' planned, which are basically thinly disguised political messages.

just a thought.

2,905 posts

Posted:
I have known for a month now where I would and where I will be going. I cant say where and I know that you and everyone else understands that.

However your right, any US military action in North Korea would serve only to piss of China, though frankly I dont think South Korea really cares too much as they are in the line of fire as well.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Good luck Ray! I'm thinking of you and hope that you're able to turn the change into something positive for yourself. Us back at home really appreciate what you're doing. I hope your plans with Rozi and everyone will fall into place later down the line. Take care of yourself.