Forums > Social Chat > Ill take "Poi" for 1000, Alex.

Login/Join to Participate

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Recently I posted an ad on Craig's List offering private fire lessons (poi, staff, double staff, eating, or breathing). I got a few responses so far but the one I got today kind of surprised me.

I got a mail from someone in another country who said that their son will be coming to the states for 2 months and wants fire lessons while hes here. They asked my prices per hour for poi and I told them. They replied back saying that they essentially wanted $1000 worth over the course of a month.

eek

$1000 for poi lessons? Holy crap! I think if I ever told my parents I wanted $1000 worth of lessons doing AYTHING they'd laugh in my face, not to mention playing with fire.

Oh man... Guess Im gonna have to really teach this kid something smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
maybie it was a typo, maybie they want 100 dollars worth. OOR maybie there rich, reply back and ask them if you did indeed read that correctly tongue

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
was it $1000 American? maybe they ment that amount in thier country, exchange rates you know..... anyway woohoo take it ....big money big money big money .....STOP!!!! OOOHHHH WAMMY!!!! anyone remember that gameshow?

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Poi whore.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

alicewonderlandBRONZE Member
Born on a green light daddy-o!!!
126 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Loki_the_trickster

....big money big money big money .....STOP!!!! OOOHHHH WAMMY!!!! anyone remember that gameshow?

lol yeah we used to always say NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY...STOP and the little thing at the bottom lol was that called double whammy?

anywho, dude that sounds nice...let us know how goes, hope your trainee is kewl it would suck if you got some kid thats like a total brat lol, I'm sure though if he's that interested in it though he'll be kewl biggrin

When you're already walking on thin ice...why not dance?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Dah-yuuuuuuuuum!

Wish I could teach stuff.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Yeah but you suck at staff wink

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.