DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
so i break planes. i admit it. and i like it.

not only do i break "beated" move planes, i can break individual circles. if you can still call them circles... poi spins a half circle coming from pointing straight down to pointing straight up in wall plane, goes from straight up to straight down wheel plane (essentially a stall?). poi gets pulled back to the top wall plane, goes down in the other direction wall plane (!), comes up in the other direction wheel plane (!!), etc. haha. both 90 degree changes are available at the top and bottom of each half-circle, giving you a possible figure 8 within a single sphere. i guess the individual wedges look more like a deformed/folded upside down heart b/c the plane bend can't be as sharp due to gravity, but with the right jerking motion, it can be minimized.

i can essentially only do parallel seperated weaves this way, but i'd imagine there are some badassed patterns here if i can work them out. anyone else played with these or have another move name i can look up to find out more?

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
This is what i refer to as box planes, then once you drop the 90 degree aspect of them they become 'sphercular planes'.

Just practice the 90 degree plane changes with each hand. Then any pattern you do can have this 'modifier' applied....

Strange things start to happen as you push the planes past 90 degrees towards 180 wink

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i think this is even more extreme than box, its more like the 180 plane break i was looking at a few years ago.

I was playing with thease untill i realised there was far to much to be done in two planes to worry about twisting them up and how THAT can fit together.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i think you can change plan more than twice in a 'circle' too.... allsorts of weird shapes are possible... weather they actually look nice is another matter.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I find some of those patterns really interesting as they tend to dissolve into chaos, then come together into an aesthetic pattern for a second then split apart again.

Chaotic messy spinning is fun!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheWibbler

This is what i refer to as box planes, then once you drop the 90 degree aspect of them they become 'sphercular planes'.

Just practice the 90 degree plane changes with each hand. Then any pattern you do can have this 'modifier' applied....

Strange things start to happen as you push the planes past 90 degrees towards 180 wink

m

ooh. "strange" like horizontal pendulla? haha. i dunno if i can pull that off at all for the moment, but it sounds silly hard for sure.

i guessed that the 90 degree changes were arbitrary, and tried to make trinities last night with them without much good results. this is a whole new way of spinning to learn from the ground up for me (yet again). lol. doing them for about 10 minutes gave me some really excellent control over stalls for the rest of the session that i abused into creating more nonsense than anything of value... yet. me likey these box planes.