Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
hey everyone....
just thought i would let you all know that tonight there will be a live web cast from www.djmechanix.com that will feature quite a few of us HoPers at a club in New Haven, CT, spinning glow and maybe doing some small fire stuff if the owner finally gives us approval. somewhat interesting if anyone is bored!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
That is sweet. You rule Nyx.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh boy! something to do tonight, and it's in conneticut. i couldn't find a thing about the webcast on that site, tho...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Wicked, dood!

Any word on an approximate time? Also, what timezone are you in relative to GMT?

Good luck wif the whole dam fangled thang!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, did it go well? i'm crushed, i couldn't get it to work...
*wimpers in corner*

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, well it's a live feed so you have to be tuned in between 10:30 and 1 EST or it won't work...other than that, maybe your browser doesn't support live feeds? I dunno, i'm not a computer person and it's not my site but i will definately send Mark (the dj whose site it is) an e-mail and get the scoop about that thing.

As for how it went...great!!! I did some eating, transfer and tracing up on a dance platform and the audience seemed pleased, although poiaholic could tell you better what the reaction was since he was watching! Well it must have gone well because i got the go-ahead to do a regular gig there every saturday! yay! the promo guy is finding out what he needs to do to make it legal which is really the only obstacle at this point. will keep everyone informed if you like!

nyx

~Charles Baudelaire

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, arashi, please don't huddle in the corner like that, it's un-manly!
hehehe

~Charles Baudelaire

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"MA LOOK AT ME, MA LOOK AT ME, MA LOOK AT ME!!!"

(Just kiddin' sweetie!)

Nyxy did really well. Small, quick and simple but anytime you break the ice (or should I say fire) at an indoor venue it's a positive step for the entire fire scene.

All hail Nyx, Fire Queen of New Haven. (Where?!)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
mom never looks though!

and yeah, i'm thinking this will be really good for the overall scene in the area...other venue's can now "jump on the bandwagon" because they don't have to be the first...and this place is usually the one in the area to try new stuff first.

and yeah, i'm never really far from that paddle!

~Charles Baudelaire

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Don't forget about all the fire fun that went on before the club.Most mentionable would have to be me and Scott lighting up his five wick poi. Also deserving of a nod was the near sea of glow spinning in a room not exactly made for it.Without question though the most captivating thing for the onlooking audience was Nyx's fire eating set.She had everyone's complete attention as soon as she lit the wicks.Nyx rules.
*grovels on knees chanting "I'm not worthy"*

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
mreowr.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
those 5 wick poi are just silly! you can't do anything with them...it's all "Ooo, big fire!" ah well- men!

~Charles Baudelaire

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
oh yeah mr. mohawk...get off your knees! you can only grovel when i get the whip out!

~Charles Baudelaire

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Just becuz you couldn't swing those five wickers I was able to pull off a lot of moves with those things and actually screwed up less with them than my regular wicks.ah well-women

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
yadda yadda
but can you wrap with them?

~Charles Baudelaire

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
and yeah, i guess it's annoying too when people show up with those kinds of crazy toys that soak up like 1/2 gallon of white gas each time and don't contribute anything toward their own fuel consumption. i know it's not you, this is just a little rant on the side cuz it happens too often and i actually woke up thinking about it and got annoyed!
man, i need to lay off the poi for a while!

~Charles Baudelaire

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a challenge but if I could swing those things behind my back I bet I could do a wrap with'em. Just need a welder's leather before I do.
I hear you on the fuel beef. We needed Decom amounts of fuel.That's ok just something to remember for next time. Especially when I make my own five wickers.

Man I love graemlins