Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > ***Falmouth 5*** (Not really in Falmouth)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Here it is folks, you've been incredibly patient, and let's be honest, you knew we wouldn't let you down.

Fal5 will not be taking place in Falmouth, instead the ever resourceful Ms Maus has secured us a sweeet spot to stay. It's a little further west, but be sure it's worth the tiny bit of extra effort.

The dates are Friday 14th April - Monday (Tuesday) 17th (18th) April.

We will be staying here and that means we will be spending a lot of time on this beach.

Campsite checks in at the bargain price of £4 per person per night, and they have the usual shower/toilet blocks.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TELEPHONE THE CAMPSITE TO BOOK

The Wiki list (so's we know who's coming) is here

Nearest town and train station is Hayle so make sure not to go to my house by mistake, as I won't be there. biggrin

Any questions?

devil

EDITED_BY: Mags The Jedi (1142981235)

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
OK, real post time.

First off its the much said but always necesary thanks to Maus and Mags- You have both made many many people very, very happy. Thanks for making it all possible biggrin

I met lots of new poiple, finally aquainted myself with poiple I'd met before but not really spoken to and also caught up with older friends from Fals gone by. Every moment was brilliant; I just wish I could have had more time to spend a bit more with everyone... smile

Special thanks:

Hyperlight- couldn't have made it without the generous offer in the first place, and upon returning can't imagine it without you having been there. Legend biggrin

Highlights:

Wibbling my socks off (see what I did there? wink) with Beth, Dunc, Rossco and anyone else who I got close too.

Binga Geer (and the multiple resulting headaches)

Laughing long and hard at most things- silly wibbles that should have gone wrong, mopping, flingo, cardboard eating higher or lower (sorry Hels).... the list is endless.

Top Hop (HOPs own Top Gun tribute club): Spiral killer, Afterburner and Fire Parrot- you're the best of the best- Jammer out wink

The sheer number of utterly stunning fire spins on the beach and on the camping site- Oli, Garth, Si, Dub... again I could go on.

ANYWAY...

I'm ranting now; It was utterly wonderful to spend time with all who made it- I feel very lucky to have been there and count you all as friends smile

grouphug

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOT biggrin

thanks once again to maus and mags - you guys rock so hard its silly hughug2hug

also MAJOR thanks to star (for getting me down there) and nat and tommy for getting me back smile

other thanks to all the people being wonderful and hugging me and teaching me things biggrin hug

.... i wanna go back in time and do it all again....

ah well smile hug thanks for an awsome weekend people biggrin hug

back

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hey Linden! Nice to finally meet you. I WILL get myself down to a Clapham meet at some point in the future (not sure if I can make it for Pidgeon's birthday meet)

Nice you mean your little gathering of Si, Doug, Aimee, Clare, Matt and Henry (Rubbish!) Lois and Lee (thanks for not kicking me out of the tent when I passed out on the last two nights even though you should've really!)

Linden I want you and Carol to be scuttling around in her christmas tree lights at EVERY meet...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
the sybiant will survive! yay for scaring people hug nice to meet you btw neon wink

edit wow :O i just managed to read through all 120 posts that were made since i left on thursday and find that no one had posted after this eek

more hugs for everyone huggrouphughug2grouphughug
EDITED_BY: linden rathen (1145374349)

back

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
ok time for a slightly less sleepy post

thanks again to mags and maus for organising it all and motivating everyone (if it wern't for mags i feel most people would have sat on their arses all day)

thanks to hyperlight for the lift, i wouldn't have been able to attend the awesome weekend without you

hyperlight and chutney for the most witty and fun car journey I've had

the foot sex orgy bunch for keeping me warm on sunday night and for many many laughs.

and everyone else (there's just too many to mention) for making it an amazing weekend, being great people, teaching me new things, being a great laugh and for all the hugs and company. It was great meeting lots of new people such as nat, tommy, chutney, hyperlight, lost surfer, jo, sym and many others.

and all those in the awesome workshops such as wibbling, sun appreciation and hooping ( learnt loads there) and all those amazing people who taught me loads.

sorry to all those that i haven't thanked but i love you all .

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Now to await the returners from BJC...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
 Written by: yoni

the foot sex orgy bunch for keeping me warm on sunday night and for many many laughs.

Foot sexy orgy lot indeed! Warmest I was all weekend biggrin Plus 16 FEET! RECORD!!

Thanks Mags and Maus biggrin

Cheeras Misscorinthian for ma ride smile

And hug to everyone else smile

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
stiring..... ah what fun tongue

bounce was an awsome weekend hug

back

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
*wanders in yawning*

mm... Muchly fun weekend.

Many thanks to maus & mags. (and Maus, your soft room is amazing!)

And thanks to Garthy for the lift in the PimpMobile....

Becci & Star for the lifts to and from Tesco for brekkie (can't go camping without going to breakfast!!)

And 2bags for stealing my cider... and looking stunning in a corset (who let him out of it??)

Oh and everyone for being amazing, I could go on forever!!

Highlight(s) of the weekend?

Cream Tea on the lawn, the showers (how fab were they?), head massages on the beach, and Nico asking to drive Jake's Van to the pub!!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Million thanks to Maus and Mags for arranging the meet. It was such an eye-opener! Would definitely try and make it for Play.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Aw look at all these people I didn't meet frown

Next time I will try not to injure myself the day before so I can do a bit more than sit around in pain.

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and showing the girlies and P new things- he didn't really want to go, but now he can't wait until Play (9 weeks!) Huzzah!

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
sheesh, i finaly made it home (after missing my coach due to the traffic and having to spend an extra night in the company of the wonderful Misscorinthian, her husband and Asena)

too many thanks to list, so they are coming in bullit points smile

*Mags and Maus - for organising everything (Maus you have the greatest car as well, a morris 1000 biggrin) hug
* Len, her family and Matt, for the lift and all the fun to and from Fal hug
*Nat, Pige, Jo, Marrie, Lois, Baby Wee, Aimee, Fine Rubbish Dog, Doug, Sam, Simon for all the great hug's over the course of the weekend hug
*All of the brighton crew for much entertainment around their tents all weekend hug
*Simon for the staff workshop, thats been such a help hug
*to everyone else just for turning up and making it such a brilliant weekend filled with hugs, drinking, smoking, fire and other random things hug hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Falmouth was great..glad to meet so many cool peeps.

Doug...you rock, you're great fantastic...only kidding you're RUBBISH!!! ubblol

thanks to every-one for a great time I will get my video online asap... good footage of strugz and others. Midnight glo-bowls and a whole heap of rubbish wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

RezaSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
Lets face it, it was all about the Midnight glo-bowls (well 4am glo-bowls...)

Had a wicked time! Big thanks to you Monkey Mynci for the use of your car for a bed! and was good to meet your girl at last and her many welsh ways... smile

and hello to everyone else i met!
EDITED_BY: Injured Rezz (1145399976)

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
the symbiant will rise again .... and commentate on night time glo-boules biggrin

back

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Highlights for me were:

Finding out that there's a chance I'll be there for the next one and

the random conversations I had with a few of you!

wink

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I had a poo in my own toilet ubblove

Fantastic weekend. Trashed for the first half of it, and I apologise for not making more of an effort to well...move ubblol

Miss Maus and Mags you are amazing and you deserve a million and one hugs for all the hard work you did in organising this meet. Thank you so much! hug

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

Saddest moments -
It being the penultimate Falmouth ubbcrying boo hoo (although it was made up for by hearing about Hellfire! bounce bounce2 bounce )

Eh?! What what?!
Do tell (via PM as I'm seldom here) - What's this penultimate stuff?

Sounds like it was another astounding weekend
*le sigh*
Meh, I'm in Australia wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I still can't believe how many people I didn't manage to meet ....

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ditto

then again im usually like that even at clapham which i organise redface

back

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
pictures pictures pictures

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
YAY aimée smile pictures biggrin

back

daizeSILVER Member
175 posts

Posted:
Yeah, could someone also explain to me this penultimate talk?!?!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Written by: Dunc

Saddest moments -
It being the penultimate Falmouth ubbcrying boo hoo (although it was made up for by hearing about Hellfire! bounce bounce2 bounce )

Eh?! What what?!
Do tell (via PM as I'm seldom here) - What's this penultimate stuff?

Sounds like it was another astounding weekend
*le sigh*
Meh, I'm in Australia wink

Yep... wot he said!!!! eek

Bah... sorry to have missed it, but glad you all had a great time biggrin

Durbs... we have to go to the next one. No excuses tongue

Getting to the other side smile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
sorry I meant ultimate pen, it's turning into a pen spinning event wink

Oh no hang on it's turning into an online electronic Chess championship

or maybe not

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
You mean.... there's only one more Falmouth?!!!

Why?!!!

eek

ubbcrying

Getting to the other side smile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

pictures pictures pictures

awww aimee - the blue skies, green grass, my sister playin with her hair lol looked brill! wish i coulda been there. at least i got to speak to peeps on the saturday!

*waits for pics and vids of her fave hoppers!*
EDITED_BY: TinklePants (1145453111)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmm...

WHo to Thank...

I shall start with Maus, For staying up to wait for Len and I to get to her caravan (4:30 in the morning we arrived!) and for making a great Breakfast, and for generally being gorgeous and wonderful...

I don't really need to thank Mags this time, because he didn't do much in the way of organising...

As for the rest of you, I don't really want to thank you all individually, because I can guarantee that I shall miss one or two of you out, but I have a hunch that we shall be seeing eachother again very soon...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

pilgrimnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
More pictures

https://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/pilgrim151/

off topic btw doesnt this remind you of goatse ?

hug2

battleaxe this is sunray 6

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
pilgrim, that link just sends me to your login page confused

Am I supposed to join or something ?

Page: ......