Forums > Social Chat > calling all fire dancers around the world for pictures

Login/Join to Participate

e-Lix-ieaBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
my name is liz and i'm about to embark on a world trip. part of the reason for my trip is to go to different countries and photographer fire dancers.

I'm from Chicago, IL USA and i'm part of a fire troup called wildfire entertainment (www.wildfireentertainment.com)

The countries that i'm visiting include:
spain (barcelona, madrid)
london
australia (eastern coast and northern territory)
new zealand (both islands)
hong kong
osaka and kobea japan
maui, hawaii
LA and washington dc

if you live at any of these places i would love to chat with you. if you don't, i would still love to talk and find out any information you might know about people or troupes that i can hook up with.

these smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wow i didn't even know there was a fire scene in d.c.
wouldn't it be more fruitful to go places where there's more performers? like seattle or san fransisco or austin or new york? or are you restricted by a travel plan?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hallo!
Quickly, just wanted to say: Don't limit yourself to fire dancers. Seek out the related arts as well. Fing flaggers in gay clubs across the US (espically NYC and SF). Find maori poi in NZ. Pictures of circles of fire could be taken anywhere, so make sure you get the local aspects. You're in for a great journey, trust me

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
What is :
" Fing flaggers in gay clubs across the US (espically NYC and SF)."

Wow Liz!!
Can I come!!!
I will make it to Spain someday. I plan to go to NZ In the next few years!!

I agree with Dom though, Take pictures with Local Monuments and such. It will make it so much easyer to remember where it was, let alone increace the value of the photo.
Have a Great Trip!!

~fire spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

e-Lix-ieaBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
i'm not going to restrict it. actually anything having to do with fire i want to take pictures with. i just didn't have the time before to describe everything. the major part of my trip is not in the U.S actually. i'm more focusing on australia and new zealand for taking pictures.

my flight plan is already set. i would love to get down to San fran to take some pictures of people out there. i thought about going there before burning man next summer.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I could edit that post, but I think it's funnier as it stands! Here's a toast to fast typing and not rereading!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Weren't you in CoL 3?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Of course he was ! there troupe was awsome !. And dude let us know when you get to sydney I've just been asked to join a troupe that forming in sydney.

Anyperson can acheive anything if he dosn't have fear in his heart!.

[ 28. December 2002, 23:40: Message edited by: Ivan Newton ]

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
when are you coming..
ill be home in brisbane in 5 months or so, aand rounding up a pretty big crew.. but currently in london...

more than happy to put u up in brisvegas... so details girl details....

mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
liz,

in LA, SoCalFire is starting to network the pyro community. e-mail me (FireMikeZ@yahoo.com) or phone me (949.643.1625) & let's see what you're looking for in more detail, & how we can help ya connect across metro LA & surrounding territory.

stepdad i grew up with in Zimbabwe was oldskool Chicagoan.

will be a pleasure to hear from ya,

~ Míkíe (for SoCalFire)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I'd thought id bring this one out to see if there is any more interest to help this person out. She arrives here febuary 2 , so you can help drop post note here please .

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Yes yes and yes. Will be giving you a call later on today, Ivan, so can arrange details then.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yayness she does stilts to !!!. I've already got something arranged for her up in Brisbane with those lovely people valura and arsn . So we''l show her the firetwirling site's around sydney even though it's dead at the moment ( still to talk about arringing thing's there ...god dam fire ban! arrrggg!).

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Liz please feel free to call us....We travel extensivly to get to gigs and we have a little bit of behind the scenes contact so please dont be shy....
0405181482 is my mobile number....Look foward to meeting you...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Arashi, the DC scene is actually more Maryland..Baltimore-ish based, last I knew.
And if you read the thread by NYC, the New York crew isn't as kicking as it used to be.

Liz for more interesting photo's I think what is being suggested is that you don't use fire as your focus but more the art of spinning, because then you are really opening the scale to some extreme beauty..whereas fire is just fire in circles and looks pretty much the same after a while.

BTW...Please tell Hephaestus I said hi and hug him for me!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hi LizCampy, i hope you are coming to melbourne>???? will pm you my mobile number, and would love to meet you and let you know about our gatherings!! Jimba lives in the NT and will ask her to contact you regards to fire arts in the Darwin area, Good luck and have a wonderful trip!!! xoxox

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
If you think you might make it to Paris, there is a fledgling fire group here that meets up when the weather is warm enough.

Also, by the time you're in Europe its possible that Nomad and Cassandra will be back here..

Safe travels,

Raph

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
feel free to stop by our neck of the woods if you are driving through okie homa

wildfire of oklahoma

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Put's on phreak hat....
I don't mean to kill the moment but wouldn't it be safer to exchange phone numbers in email or pm's. My mod (I used to be a mod on another site and still am on one) warning alarms went off when I saw those phone numbers. Maybe mod'ing on hacking boards has made me paranoid but there still alot of sick ppl out there. I can find out anything I want to know about you with that phone number and a little social eng.
Takes off phreak hat....

um why arn't you coming to Canada?

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

e-Lix-ieaBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
i think i might be in canada this summer for OM. my friends want me to go with since i'm going to burning man and doing this trip... i do need to go home first and make some money first though.

where in canada are you?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Oh we are arrangeing so you can meet up with flynt thank you to Rozi.

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hey Raph, it's pretty much official, i am moving back to Paris mid-April. Just curious: how many people are part of this fledgling group? Is it just poi and staff? Where do you guys usually meet?

Can't wait to be there.

Nomad