Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

Written by: Beth

I will trade you hugs and bacon for the use of your ickle stove wink

Hugs and bacon?!!! My favourites! How did you know?! biggrin Looking forward to watching you wibble again...

...on a more technical note, I don't appear to be able to access the attendence list to add myself to it. It says I have to log in, so I do that and then suddenly it says I'm not authorised to view it confused shrug

Oh by the way Jon, I now have a stove as wel so we can do bacon and tea simultaneously, now thats civilisation! biggrin

wave Beth

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Eeeeexcellent! Need a third stove for the expresso though wink

I can't wait now... I have two days of desperate soldering work to get some new hyperlights ready, but I may arrive slightly late if they take longer. On the other hand I can't wait to see all the wonderful people I met at Falmouth! What a dilemma confused

Cake or Death?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'll probably get a stove and some utensils Jon smile About time I got some camping kit biggrin I think we have a proper kitchen ready (and I've been practising my eggy bread breakfast, so expect that one morning biggrin)

Get the Hyperlight protos done Jon- there should be plenty of time smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Jon...

We will still be here, you can't rush genius... wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i want a stove but they cost far too many pennies. i may have to inhale someones coffee steam in the mornings.
on the other sidae of things i do have some coffee(all be it after dinner stuff) if anyone wants it? it was buy one get one free oh and is fair trade. doesn't taste too bad and there is no way i will be able to go through both bags

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

meastnewbie
38 posts

Posted:
i'll arrived the 22 around 12hOO at wellington...happy to come to this festival and meet news jugglers...so see you soon... cool

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
nice one dude - really cant wait to meet you! biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Strugz, I'll be leaving my house at about four ish... getting on the ferry, then train to southants...

I reckon I'll be with you around half five ish...

biggrin

bounce

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

i want a stove but they cost far too many pennies. i may have to inhale someones coffee steam in the mornings.
on the other sidae of things i do have some coffee(all be it after dinner stuff) if anyone wants it? it was buy one get one free oh and is fair trade. doesn't taste too bad and there is no way i will be able to go through both bags

Follow the fumes in the morning to the Hyper/Chutney tent of fun and you're more than welcome to a cup smile

As a side note, the stove I have didn't cost much.. I think it was about 20 squids and the gas is 6 squid a bottle. One bottle lasts ~2 Falmouths smile

Cake or Death?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
So I'm guessing the nearest cash point will be market drayton, not buntingsdale or longford? I wouldn't want to bring lots of cash but it'd be frustrating to be short if there was something unmissable to buy (worryingly likely ) smile

And is there a contact number for if I get completely lost? smile

/me Must rember anti-(hista)-meanies, and lots of tonic water (quineen helps keeps the mozzies off, apparently. Got bitten really badly on Sunday)

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll have a burner and an espresso filter on the go in the mornings too. I've also got a kettle for making tea (will probably be peppermint or something similar as we wont be able to store milk).

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

lots of tonic water

Gin 'o clock? Excellent smile

Cake or Death?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Mmm, yes, I guess I might pickup some gin too smile

Incidentaly from the strange & wonderful toys department I'll have a Chinese 9 section whip with me, I'd love to see what any rope dart people can figure out with it, I've been told it's 'just like meteors' by one of the birmingham guys who had a play, only thing I've tried is a simple neck wrap as for the most part it scares the bejezus out of me smile

I think considerable distance from crowds is probably a must smile

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
On the subject of stoves/drinks, I will also have a stove- I think it has 2 burners on it. I will take loadsa different teas and stuff, also a few cartons of juice so if anyone feels thirsty come on over! (you will need to bring a cup though smile)

With regards to milk- I was assuming the farm shop would probably sell it...or the caterers would be able to provide small quantities??. I am taking a cool box and some freezer packs to store larger bottles as my kidlies like to drink it.

Also has Pimms got lots of alcohol in it? Do you mix it? It sounds really nice- but I can't be getting drunk now!

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Pimm's is 25% alcohol/vol, and I beleive it's designed as a mixer, I certainly wouldn't want to touch it neet!

very traditional summer thing mixed with lemonade, some bits of fruit and a sprig of mint smile

one more sleep for me, I'm setting off via a friends in cov tomorrow smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Gin and Pimms are all crap tongue coming from my professional point of view wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
mmmm..........pimms!

One more sleep for me aswell! Wooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
wow, hyperlight, I just came accross your thread in the technical forum, I can't wait to see your hyperlighs at Play they look fantastic, you wil lbe showing them off right? smile

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

Follow the fumes in the morning to the Hyper/Chutney tent of fun and you're more than welcome to a cup smile

As a side note, the stove I have didn't cost much.. I think it was about 20 squids and the gas is 6 squid a bottle. One bottle lasts ~2 Falmouths smile

i shall bring some coffee then... andyeah thats way too much money frown

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
Yay, not long for me either, but I'll have to come down on Friday afternoon due to work.. getting a tent and grabbing my sleeping bag back from its long sebatical at a mate's place tonight. Will have to start packing very soon...

See you all there smile

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
i will aslo be alson last friday evening, work and getting a lift stands in the way! see you all soon.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Pimms is classed as an Aperitif, same as Campari and Martini. It is designed to be mixed (usually with lemonade/soda water). Beyond that and the fact it is revolting I have no idea what on earth it actually is, and have never met a single person that can explain it to me.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

Gin and Pimms are all crap tongue coming from my professional point of view wink

MMMM was my thinking too!!! pimms is ok if you got a load of fruit and cucumber cut up !!!!!!! i think i'll stick to my strongbow and whisky diet and possibly......depending on how mashed i am ......possibly and i emphasise POSSIBLY some of Dev Kevs chilly vodka!!!!! ubbloco eek ubbloco

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
eek that stuff was evil! devil

not long to go now! one more sleep then work, then driving then PLAY! biggrin

wish i'd booked an extra day off now for the solstice... frown

will be bringing lots of guildford people up with me.... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I've gone camping stuff shopping for me..
And I've been camping stuff shopping for Kieron...

Now I just need to finish all my college work tomorrow, then pack, go to college on thursday morning and then leeeeave! bounce

Am I the only one thinking that PLAY has come around so quickly!
It seems only yesterday I was thinking it was months away!

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
lol tom it sounds like we are setting up camp near the Hyperlight/Chutney camp again biggrin

and i may well have a surprise for you tomorrow

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skinky

You've given birth then? biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skinky

lol tom it sounds like we are setting up camp near the Hyperlight/Chutney camp again biggrin

biggrin

Ooh i'm intrigued, tell me what it is pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Oh and dont forget to pack everything so we can get an early start on thursday, and dont forget the kitchen sink wink

EDITED_BY: Motley (1150830506)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Just done a test run with tent in garden...
Verdict? It's buggard..
But I'[m determined to haev my own tent this time around, so I'll be taping bits together for the best part of half hour before I even get to set the tent up - which I've discoverd, is a mission by ones self! ubblol

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
pack pack pack.... pack pack pack... pack pack pack.... ubbrollsmile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Page: ......