Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ubblol

It's probably best I dont drive any big vehicles wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Although it'd be fun trying to find an elephant in Shropshire biggrin

Meh

hobgobSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Cantus

Although it'd be fun trying to find an elephant in Shropshire biggrin

I've seen a few Moose's down that way, but thats another story....

Ah well best try and get some holiday from work if I'm gonna try and make it to PLay.

shrug umm

Hob

life is like a roadtrip.... The idea is not to arrive at your destination in a pristine showroom model, but rather to slide in sideways in a battered jalopy hanging out the window screaming "wow what a ride..."

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Vixen

FEARPIG IS GOING.... WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! xxx

Fearpig is going WOOOOOOOOOOO hehehehehe
if only you knew how long tom has been looking forward to this you would understand how funny that sounds!!!!! ubbloco ubbrollsmile

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
So i guess i'll see you guys there

and this time my kiddies are coming biggrin hug hug hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
how old gothfrogette? we is leaving little dom with my mum as he was a handful at falmouth

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Ticket booked, cheque in the post...... ubbrollsmile

I'm driving down on Fridday after work from Blackpool, if anyone wants a lift I've got plenty space.

weavesmiley

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

So i guess i'll see you guys there

and this time my kiddies are coming biggrin hug hug hug

Yay, I have a present for you by the way miss smile

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
if anyone enjoys tidying up dreads then bring ya crochet needle along, i have some loose hair that needs to be put back in.

bit of a long shot lol but im sure i can recompense your efforts in someway peace

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

we is leaving little dom with my mum as he was a handful at falmouth

Who will bring me flowers and show me how to make mud now then?

FIne I'll find someone else....

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
wave I can

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:

..just on the off chance, is anyone gonna be making pickups from the station around 1pm on thurs with a spare seat that could be exchanged for muffins and petrol money? that is if the play bus isnt already there at that point in the day..

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
The bus will be running from midday, and a round trip will be about an hour, allowing time for the bus to fill up, go there and back again.

If you find someone, then great, if not, the bus will be there smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:

how old gothfrogette? we is leaving little dom with my mum as he was a handful at falmouth

5 and 12 biggrin yup tis going to be an experiance and its also our first ever family holiday..... we are all uber excited, the kids have been sleeping in their new sleeping bags since i got them.... Oh and Will i have a prezzy for you too biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
im still ill but now im ill at work frown

and i have another 3 nights work to go i think i may just die frown

cos on tue i have to get in from work at 11.30am ish (3hour jurny home) spend most of the day packing. try to gea an hour or two sleep befor setting off to work at 6pm with all my stuff. work all night finish work at 8.30am grab a quick shower at work and then get on train to hull to meet will.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Tobi you'll have a good nights sleep at mine dude, You will have your own bed smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Cantus

we is leaving little dom with my mum as he was a handful at falmouth

Who will bring me flowers and show me how to make mud now then?

FIne I'll find someone else....

If will can't help (like on the thursday because I believe it is his birthday wink ) then I will show you cantus... who do you think taught dom eh? wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
oh quick question sorry if it's come up because I don' have time to read the 280 posts since I was last about (aprt from he last 2 pages)

is there a schedule for workshops yet? or do we have to plan when we get there? I ask because i can never suss out the play site although lots of stuff been put up recently I want to know what toys I should bring (limited space in car see)

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Given the nature of the average HoPper, I believe the agreed method of organising workshops goes something along the lines of finding a group of similarly minded people, finding the organiser, and then telling them something like 'Oi! You! Workshop! Now!', at which point they mutter something about being hung over/too tired/can't be arsed, and you then ply them with food/drink/sexual favours/physical violence spank

I think the tumbleweeds rolling through the organisation section of the Play forums say it all smile

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: polarity

Given the nature of the average HoPper, I believe the agreed method of organising workshops goes something along the lines of finding a group of similarly minded people, finding the organiser, and then telling them something like 'Oi! You! Workshop! Now!', at which point they mutter something about being hung over/too tired/can't be arsed, and you then ply them with food/drink/sexual favours/physical violence tongue

I think the tumbleweeds rolling through the organisation section of the Play forums say it all smile

ubblol dear god what have i let myself in for??? biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
fair point polarity... I need to talk to you about some basics in electronics... everyone's making poi I wanna make a staff... biggrin the start of a long road

rave.... hahahahahhahaha now we own your...um *wanders off looking for toys*

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
similarly... I know some people will have generators, will anyone be crazy enough to have a soldering iron?

I need about 5 seconds with one. on of the contact bars that go down the side of the LED enclosure on my HoP glow ball poi just fell off when I changed the batteries last night, doesn't seem to have been soldered on well frown

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I'll remember to pack mine, along with a few other tools.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
just did a 10 day forecast for birmingham... weather mostly good but friday looks a little wet frown

must check wednesday to confirm what clothes needed.

does anyone have a sun machine? biggrin

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Will a UV cannon do? biggrin

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

similarly... I know some people will have generators, will anyone be crazy enough to have a soldering iron?

I need about 5 seconds with one. on of the contact bars that go down the side of the LED enclosure on my HoP glow ball poi just fell off when I changed the batteries last night, doesn't seem to have been soldered on well frown

i got a gas soldering iron, nice and small.............i'll pack it with my stuff wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
ooooooooooo UV cannons are fun biggrin

and mynci................nothing wrong with a stomp in the mud wink

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Polarity / Ravehead awesome thanks, might need a tiny bit of solder too smile I'll have to work out some way to repay you, goju workshop? lol

we'll have to organise a HoP rollcall wink

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey tobi everything will be alright! hug
been running circles tryin to sort money and now i think mission is accomplished biggrin

sym/dunc - any updates for volunteers (i havent heard anything)

bounce play in 4 sleeps biggrin and theres so many more hoppers to meeet, and many ive missed so much smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ooo what night is the world record fire spin taking place? coz I have a gig on the saturday night and I want to be a prt of something cool... also I will need to get some parafin coz i wasn't gonna bring any...

Page: ......