Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
Same here, when my lift to the station arrives, im off!!

weavesmiley WHOOP WHOOP! juggle

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I shall be leaving in about an hour n a bit, or whenever i have breakie and put stuff in my car biggrin

soooo exciting!!

hug to all! xx

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Leaving now, my car has got Play all over it smile

God I am never drinking again!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
frown

but

biggrin for you all

grouphug

Have a splendid time m'lovelies
xxx

And congratulations to Dunc, Sym and mister Strugz for all their hard work biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Do you know how depressing it was to read about everyone packing and heading off while I was sitting at work? frown
Hoping to make it up on the weekend to join in the merriment!!

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
Agreed with Furry,, Jealous as hell but hope you all have a kickass time smile

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
If there is anyone left in London that is still going down Friday or Sat, please pretty please let me know if you have space for one more... I'm thinking of trying to get trains down etc, but as I have only been in the UK for 24 hours, its all v. confusing and the jet lag is not helping!! Anyways, PM me if you have a space
*hugs*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Hello Eve!

I am thinking of going up Saturday and back Sunday, (just bought a car) I'll PM you my number. I was going to cancel it because I don't want to drive up by myself.

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Play Festival Utterly Rocks!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Agreed.... *goes off to get more coffee* although my bed was very very nice last night, even if the matress has gone and feels remarkably like the field ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

trotskyGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
My lovely poi queen and I had a fantastic time. I learnt nun chucks and had a boogie in the sun with assorted wigglers. see you next year.
However, the music policy was atrocious and whoever let the prog rock heavy metal band play on saturday needs a seroius talking to. Instead of everyone being able to dance and poi together in the tent the band killed the atmosphere and went on for ages. Enough with the dragging out the end of songs forever! More dance music please.

Capitalism kills. Kill capitalism.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Thats where the difference in opinions comes into play.... I HATE dance music for example and thought sat nights band rocked....and if i remember rightly they were begged to stay on stage

chill enjoy the fact that Play was as ever wicked... and that every one enjoyed themsleves no matter what music tatses they had. hug

is it next year yet? biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Poirate peglegmember
58 posts

Posted:
thank you dunc and all the crew for such an amazing festival it was the best place i hav ever been it was so good and i met lodes of brill people (even dunc himself) it made me cry when i had to go home so again thank you for making it realy good and hopefully i will come next year weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle beerchug beerchug beerchug

people say im strange im not im just wierd

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
ahhh, right:

Immense thanks to Dunc for all the organisation and generally being really cool. (Not that I wanted to be there, jesus, I'm glad I left wink biggrin ) It was abrilliant festival and you should feel proud. You've started something that I hope will never stop.

Thanks to gayle for her excellent dancin' workshop, it was too much fun. And it was great to see gayle and loads of other people gettin' their groove on! Chest chest, wiggle wiggle... biggrin Can't wait to see you spin to cheesy music sometime gayle, that'll be worth the wait...

Thanks to Kat and Stuart for driving me down. I was quite quiet on the way down, was feeling like I wasn't going to be at play long enough, which I wasn't...

And thanks to johnny UCOF and bovril and simian for letting me camp in their tent, with my generally underprepared self... Special thanks for the bed roll! immense... I did some accidental spider removal from your tent with my hair too...

Simian: Yeah! Had a great time making up weird new [censored] and silly stuff. Thou, doubles spinning is in NO way comparable to single staff spinning... biggrin It's good to hang with you again, it's like we're kindred spirits when it comes to doubles sometimes. Is cool. Mike from london, learned a hella lot about balancing from him... is there anything he doesn't know? Say thanks to him for me Mr Monkey?

Mincey: Nice pout dude! And super sweet hands in pocket jesus. I like.

Strugz: Thanks for nothing you giant stoner. wink Didn't see much of you this festival, other than some illicit fire spinning when nobody was watching in the middle of the night. Yeah, I can tell it was you even from by the big top. You need more playtime, next time...

Sandy, T&B, Meast: Contact staff ROCKS! I love it all. You make me want to learn the matrix properly now. The prayer variations are super sweet. biggrin

Drew: hug

Julian: hug

Mr Chutney: I seem to randomly have chats with people about things, and you were pulled out of the hat for the 'opera' chat. I'm going to have to bone up on my knowledge next time, or just bring a copy of fellini along... biggrin

Andrea: I'm going to get you to teach me to dance at some point when I have more time at a festival... ARGH!

LTC + Vixen = get a room.

Lazy: Nice spinning inbetween the grunting like a female tennis player! Thanks for being such a good sport, heckling wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out you.

And thanks to Ryan for compereing so well, I can't remember if he got a clap at the end, due to all the excitement, so I'm going to ask drew to thank him again.

And special thanks to the tech group for all the performances and those stuck on the door helping out. you guys rock. Well done!

and everybody else: hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
Brilliant time! bounce

Definately should have been there for longer - missed the world record attempt frown

Big thank-yous to all the organisers and all the people who did all the important jobs such as keeping the toilets clean. thankx hug

Can I ask a little favour: does anyone have any good photos of the Carpe Ignem piece on Saturday night? Only we were too busy trying to ensure that we didn't set fire to the big top with our play symbol to think about photos. And I don't have any of me in the costume yet (having only got it last Thursday) and I promised I'd send a couple to my mum. If you have any please email them to me at blackdove (at) vodafone (dot) net. Also could you indicate whether you would mind me putting them forward to be on the website if they may be appropriate. thank-you hug

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i have jus got back and all i can say is i had the most incredible time

the first time i have been in a place with so many ppl that play

thank you so much dunc n sym for puttin in all that work, it was so worth it

love to all the play work crew all the people that had been there since tuesday, you all gave me n eddie a wonderful welcome

thank you gee for lettin me play with your whips, they were too much fun, i might have to get a pair from tasmania myself

soo much love n respect to everyone there, from knowin noone ive met so many awesome and beautiful people

thanks to everyone i learned things off even if i didnt talk to you, always so much going on to look at, all the people who took workshops i went to they were very cool, special mention to the movement and body awareness, basic doubles, wierd doubles (thanks meg spank) ohhhh i cant even remember lol

cant wait to see photos and vids

see you all soon

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
My turn!!!

Firstly as like the others, i would like to thank Dunc and posse for all their incredible work, i dont know how you guys and gals did it, but how ever you did it, what ever you did, you made it awesome!!!

Secondly for Drew for filling an hour and 20 mins with the most amazing musicality and movement workshop, it really helped me focus on my rhythm and timing.

Also Jam and everyone else who performed for being generally lovely people and putting on awesome shows night after night, and for their workout in the mornings! silent cow im coming for youuuu!

Lastly, but certaily not least, a huge thankyou to everyone who was camped nearby, Pigeon, Motley, Blu, Baby Wee, LMSP, Mynci, Noodles and the girls, and to anyone else who answered a call of MORNING!!! or accepted random hugs biggrin

and Beth, just for you *gasp*..... eekBUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSHHPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!

also people i met im on MSN vampyricacid(at)hotmail(dit)com

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
Righty Ho!

Dunc and Crew, huge thanks guys, that was an amazing weekend! It takes some very special folks to get something like that together. You're all ace!

Everyone else (totally ducking out from trying to remember names!)... Much love...

It was weird to be sat in a sterile service station and realise how much cleaner it was in a field full of unwashed smelly hippies. I'm really going to miss the purity of heart that is so overwhelming amongst you all.

See again soon.

Dixie.
x

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!

'Nuff Said... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Outdoor DebsMember
29 posts

Posted:
BRILLIANT FESTIVAL! Thanks for all your hard work Duncan, and that of all the volunteers. Can't possibly decide what my fav thing was.. it's a close run thing between having a go on the trapeeze, Neil with his hair on fire, Rob with his head between a lovely German lady's legs or the whole dam thing... yeah reckon the whole dam thing wins! Great to make some new friends and learn some new stuff.
THANK YOU!

Have fun Debs

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Totally gutted I couldn\'t go....

frown

Glad everyone had a total blast though. biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Mmm.... great festie biggrin

Thanks everyone for being there and making it what it was (a fantastic weekend). Was good to see old friends, and make new friends.

Oh yeah and, who pegged me Sunday night/Monday morning, with the tag attached? I asked around who i suspected and no one has claimed responsibility? Anyway, that was some great pegging!! Kudos!

Um yeah.... maybe write more when i'm alive?

hug2 kiss hug2

See you all at the EJC wink

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Acknowledgements?! Do I have to...? Oh well...

Seye - you're a star. Thanks for lift, spliffage and storage space and just being so goddamn nice...

_Chris_ - pipe was nice - keep up the zippo tricks!

Drew - thanks for the contact tips and musicality stuff.

Ed - you know you're special. Don't need to rub it in. You and Ryan = thanks for the body-popping stuff.

Hazel & Paul - AWWWWWW

Ree - hug and ubbloco

Duballstar - get well soon

Matty B - ta for flowers and Strugknot tips - YOU WIGGLE GOOD!

Rossco -YOU WIGGLE GOOD!

Coleman - nice to finally you... I'm leaving on a jet plane... biggrin

Polarity/Yoni/Steaks - thanks for being my willing victims/models in my impromptu UV-Bodypaint spree....

This might go on forever... Everyone else for being such wonderful company and all the lovely topless lads for being so goddamn hot... Except you Lee - you're rubbish.

Doesn't really saying that Dunc was wonderful in organising everything again. So I won't... biggrin

P.S. Edan was just adorable. I want one...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Super Awesome fantastic weekend.

Although I lent my poi to a girl on saturday night. I never got them back and the next morning they where spotted by a dear friend wrapped around the bars at the top, on the inside of the big tent.

However did it - thanks.
Meant I had to fork out money for a pair of (lovely) hyperloop poi.

Apart from that it was a fantastic weekend.
I managed to get the whole 'mashed but moving' combination going, where as falmouth it was just...'mashed'..
I learnt loads, taught loads, and am very greatful for the people who have given me their time, and I apologise to whoever I taught for my rubbish teaching skills!

Love and hugs to all and I hope to see you all very soon ubblove kiss

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hurrah!

glad you all had a great time x

Getting to the other side smile

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Phoar.

What an absolutely brilliant weekend. There wasn't a better way to celebrate getting my results - on Friday morning I got a phone call letting me know that I got a 2:1 on my degree smile Thanks to everybody for the congratulatory hugs.

I don't like writing lists of names because I worry that I'd forget someone and they'd feel left out, so, errr, thanks to everyone I spoke to, blagged beerandspliffsandfood off, learned stuff off, etc. I went to some really awesome workshops this weekend, well done to the people who ran them!

"Take that, math!"

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Where to start... Best Festival Ever.

Had a totally awesome time, learnt so much new stuff and met soo many people.

Thanks to all the crew for putting it together and thanks for the opportunity to be part of it as well. Even tho my small amout of working came nowhere close to those of you worked solid the entire time and then some.

*waves and hugs* to all the people I met. Always great to meet new people. Anyway, off for a shower (yay!). biggrin

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
WOW, thanks everybody for an awesome weekend. this was my first meet and it was great because everybody was so bloody nice. biggrin ubbangel

I cant really pin point my favourite part of Play because it was all brilliant, i am definately looking forward to next year!

...plod...plod...waaaaave...TSUNAMI!!!! ubblol

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
thank you *hugs everyone*
was brill... thanks dunc and sym and all the crew

lovely to meet you all... learnt so much and had heaps of fun!
wow...

*more hugs and pegs*

xxx

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Hooray!

TSUNAMI!

(post 1000 cool)

Page: ......